News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wdwsince86

I’m starting to believe the goofier fellow is trolling... why does ANYONE have to have a well articulated reason? This isn’t a political debate.. why do people like to play music? They just do... why do people find interesting what they find interesting, THEY JUST DO.. if you’re looking for anything more than that you’re not getting it.. not from me anyway. Why do you find people’s curiosities that you can’t grasp so interesting?

ppete1975

We need a new thread like the ones for coming attractions. These are the facts or strong rumors and keep it locked, i cant keep up with the facts for the pages of name calling. I have to admit im curious what happens but its prob more like watching 20/20 or 48 hours. I also hope this wakes disney up and they crack down/stop the urban exploring. It makes disney look inept like keystone cops and heaven forbid someone gets hurt (look at dogpatch usa although that’s an entirely diff situation). I hope they get buzzy back and prosecute the people involved to the full extent of the law.

ppete1975

I’m starting to believe the goofier fellow is trolling... why does ANYONE have to have a well articulated reason? This isn’t a political debate.. why do people like to play music? They just do... why do people find interesting what they find interesting, THEY JUST DO.. if you’re looking for anything more than that you’re not getting it.. not from me anyway. Why do you find people’s curiosities that you can’t grasp so interesting?
Youre new, or youd realize thats just how he is. But he brings alot to the boards and i for one am glad hes here.

GeneralKnowledge

I'm actually on the verge of tears that an important, phyiscal animatronic from this attraction is now missing. I've honestly lived for the day I could see the figure in person again. It would mean so much to me.

It was a truly great attraction. The script is one of those pieces of comedic writing that would be difficult to improve upon. Every line seems perfectly crafted with no extra fluff. It was so densely packed with comedy that you’d have to watch it a dozen times or more before you heard every joke. I encourage anyone who isn’t familiar with the show to watch @marni1971 ‘s tribute video a couple times. I still listen to an audio recording of it to this day on a fairly regular basis.

That said, your emotional attachment to the well being of Buzzy is a bit concerning. How would you be holding up had he ended up in a landfill if the theater were demoed back when it closed for good and the archives didn’t want him? What if you were in @Goofyernmost ’s shoes around your age and you were headed off to Vietnam? If you’re crying now, hold onto your hat for when real tragedy comes your way. I don’t mean to lecture you but come on.

Dragonman

Can’t believe I haven’t thought about it until now but these are really the only remnants of the original looks for Buzzy and General Knowledge.
3A1BFFED-CB08-40DE-A597-129B64B6762F.jpeg

So essentially the photo of the early Buzzy animatronic was supposed to be used for promotional use until the redesign happened and then it randomly appeared on the WDW Explorer for some reason. I guess METLife and Disney never thought about changing the stairwell artwork.
63BC5816-1523-4C26-9E0A-3D80D0FBF4DC.jpeg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It was a truly great attraction. The script is one of those pieces of comedic writing that would be difficult to improve upon. Every line seems perfectly crafted with no extra fluff. It was so densely packed with comedy that you’d have to watch it a dozen times or more before you heard every joke. I encourage anyone who isn’t familiar with the show to watch @marni1971 ‘s tribute video a couple times. I still listen to an audio recording of it to this day on a fairly regular basis.

That said, your emotional attachment to the well being of Buzzy is a bit concerning. How would you be holding up had he ended up in a landfill if the theater were demoed back when it closed for good and the archives didn’t want him? What if you were in @Goofyernmost ’s shoes around your age and you were headed off to Vietnam? If you’re crying now, hold onto your hat for when real tragedy comes your way. I don’t mean to lecture you but come on.

It's kind of like growing up with a teddy bear for several years as a child, then finding that old teddy bear in an attic when you graduate college, then having someone you don't know just take it away from you just as you were about to reach for it.

Only for me, it was growing up spending endless amounts of times watching this show, then finding out years later on the internet that the entire attraction was still intact, and now finding out the animatronic has been stolen.

Lost childhood can break anyone down. Especially when there's not much childhood left to hold onto.

Disnerd2003

Since this isn’t a situation where hinting at the final outcome protects a source there’s absolutely no reason to hide that in vague hints. Perhaps maybe it was just his subtle way of saying he doesn’t know or doesn’t feel confident with the info he has gotten, I don’t know.
@marni1971 knows more on this than ALL of us combined, and definately has a very close to, if not, definite answer. He's saving his sources and their positions in the company. It's not that he just feels like hinting, he HAS to. You can't have a definitive answer as you've been pressing for. He can't just blurt it out online or he'd lose his sources, and we'd lose a great member of our community. You're being incredibly thick headed. Please understand this. It's a requirement on his end. I'm sure he'll tell all when the time comes. Sit and wait patiently like all of us.

Last edited:

Buried20KLeague

@marni1971 knows more on this than ALL of us combined, and definately has a very close to, if not, definite answer. He's saving his position, and his fellow source's positions in the company. It's not that he just feels like hinting, he HAS to. You can't have a definitive answer as you've been pressing for. He cant just blurt it out online or he'd lose his job and sources. You're being incredibly thick headed. Please understand this. It's a requirement on his end. I'm sure he'll tell all when the time comes. Sit and wait patiently like all of us.

He doesn’t work for Disney.

The rest of the discussion I won’t wade into. The whole discussion is kind of silly anyway. This ain’t about Martin.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Theres alot of “new” members in this conversation. I just got irritated at the self entitlement and calling martin “that guy”. Every board has members to be trusted be it disney, home repairs, ford mustangs or wood working. And those members should be respected.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if these "new members" are long gone from here by the Spring. They're most likely coming here to stir the pot and will go back into hiding once this has all been cleared up.
As someone who has had different opinions with Martin in the past on extreme levels that got out of hand (which honestly went nowhere on either side anyways), I have to agree that there is a fine line between 'I disagree with you' and 'Your facts are bogus and you are not credit worthy.' To any new members who try to discredit of all users, Martin, ya'll need some help. Trust those who have been on this site for so long. They know what they're talking about. (Except me. Give me another 8 years. I was basically 12 when I joined.)

As for this Buzzy news... I am emotionally devastated and broken, by what has been delivered so far. Cranium Command is possibly the strongest childhood memory I hold in my heart. From the time my dad actually acted like a dad and watched the show with me, to the times I would run around and watch the show repeatedly hearing a cast member go "You're back again?? Looks like you've got the whole theatre to yourself again!" I remember every line, every character, everything about this show. And I'm actually on the verge of tears that an important, phyiscal animatronic from this attraction is now missing. I've honestly lived for the day I could see the figure in person again. It would mean so much to me.
I'm a similar age as you, but I don't have as much of an emotional connection to the Wonders of Life. I only remember going in once when it was open, and that memory is very vague. It really puts this whole scenario into perspective reading posts like yours, because it hit me how big of a deal this really is to some people. That animatronic was very important to many people, and they are sad about this. I've only been looking at it from the WDW history perspective, but there is also an emotional significance to this event for people like you.
The exact word that came to my mind as well. There seems to be an undue sense of entitlement in this thread. Our insiders do this of their own accord, sometimes at their peril. They are under no obligation to tell us anything, and yet they do not leave us to flounder in wild speculation. They, especially Martin, display quite a bit of patience and grace given all the nonsense they receive in return.
Very well said. I feel like the nonsense is what drove Spirit away, and I hope Martin doesn't feel the same way Spirit did.

DeletedAccount55555

@marni1971 knows more on this than ALL of us combined, and definately has a very close to, if not, definite answer. He's saving his sources and their positions in the company. It's not that he just feels like hinting, he HAS to. You can't have a definitive answer as you've been pressing for. He can't just blurt it out online or he'd lose his sources, and we'd lose a great member of our community. You're being incredibly thick headed. Please understand this. It's a requirement on his end. I'm sure he'll tell all when the time comes. Sit and wait patiently like all of us.

That is nonsense. Saying definitively whether or not it’s been stolen would in no way compromise a source.

Disnerd2003

That is nonsense. Saying definitively whether or not it’s been stolen would in no way compromise a source.
I was going to try to not even waste my time and resources, but I have to. If you honestly think this, you're delusional. The sources may have shared with him the info and specifically said not to share until the story fully breaks, or it may he deeper. Honestly, it's none of our business. Martin has a PROVEN track record. You and others only run your mouth. Looking at it rationally, very few people probably know the truth. If Martin were to tell, that would narrow the sources to the people whom know. It could be back tracked easily. It's people like y'all who are going to drive the great @marni1971 away.

Disney Maddux

In reply to WondersOfLife

Thank you for sharing this. I think for some people, it is hard to understand what it's like to share an emotional connection with something fictional if they have never experienced themselves. I've never gotten the chance to see it in person, so I can only imagine how amazing it was in real life. My dad took me to Food and Wine recently and I convinced him to go inside the festival center. It was the best part of the trip. Not the food, not the rides, but simply bonding with my dad in the shadows of a once great pavilion.
Not trying to start anything here, but just saying that the words in bold are 100% correct. Cause when I first joined these forums, the very first thread I made was asking if a Judy and Nick M&G would come, and some people (not saying names) decided to say I was nothing but a "wild" furry because I wanted to meet them. When it was really because I love the movie so much and I loved the characters so much, that I just wanted to see them. And like what you just said, it's hard to understand someone sharing an emotional connection with something fictional, which is me with Zootopia and Judy and Nick.

Alright, you may continue.

(The coincedences still all line up to you being the thief @marni1971! ;) )

TwilightZone

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if these "new members" are long gone from here by the Spring. They're most likely coming here to stir the pot and will go back into hiding once this has all been cleared up.
If they were like me or any other new members here who are genuine fans of all things disney/theme park/whatever they would have caught on really quickly that martin knows his stuff.
They are just trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom