News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightZone

Can’t believe I haven’t thought about it until now but these are really the only remnants of the original looks for Buzzy and General Knowledge. View attachment 337325

So essentially the photo of the early Buzzy animatronic was supposed to be used for promotional use until the redesign happened and then it randomly appeared on the WDW Explorer for some reason. I guess METLife and Disney never thought about changing the stairwell artwork.
View attachment 337326
There is another leftover, actually. There's a whole educational series starring Buzzy's prototype, Captain Cortex.
I remember stumbling on a screenshot from one of these specials featuring the titular captain. He wore a Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses, and had blonde spikey hair. Other than that, pretty much Buzzy.
EDIT
FOUND IT

blogger-image-147339271.jpg

cropped version
lykAkTb.jpg

Last edited:

smile

Martin can't win here.

ah, but that's yet another wonderful characteristic of martin...
and something seemingly lost on some folks - he's not even playing ;)

godspeed, good sir! - from an 'outsider' perspective, the 'insider' game is a nauseating one, as evidenced in this thread.

to buzzy, it's unfortunate that access issues in the past wrote this particular instance on the wall, however
- it skews towards dereliction... and don't care, then care.

MouseBrayden

That is nonsense. Saying definitively whether or not it’s been stolen would in no way compromise a source.
Making definitive statements about closely-held subjects has the potential to irreparably damage a source’s career, as well as presents major legal ramifications (should the statement turn out to be wrong) and reputational risk to the person making the statement.

You might feel entitled to have pieces of information as soon as they’re discovered, but that’s because you’re not the one having to weigh whether it’s worth risking the anonymity of your sources to make information public on a high-profile story such as this.

MickeyMinnieMom

Agreed that some “new” folks and others continuing to question some insiders is nonsensical after they are told more about them. Why not stop feeding and giving them oxygen, then? Indifference and ignoring works best, no? Like when a child is having a tantrum. :)

I don’t think insiders need all of the defense — they’re smart enough to disengage from such nonsense. I think we should, too. 👍

Last edited:

Winter

I am 20, and I spent hours and hours in Wonders of Life when I was little. It was my dad's favorite place to be because it was quiet, large, air conditioned, had a cafe, and multiple attractions to let me and my sister just run around. I would watch Cranium Command on a loop. It was my favorite childhood attraction. I must have watched it at least 50 times. We spent half of every Epcot day in this building.
It must have been very wonderful to you.

s8film40

Making definitive statements about closely-held subjects has the potential to irreparably damage a source’s career, as well as presents major legal ramifications (should the statement turn out to be wrong) and reputational risk to the person making the statement.

You might feel entitled to have pieces of information as soon as they’re discovered, but that’s because you’re not the one having to weigh whether it’s worth risking the anonymity of your sources to make information public on a high-profile story such as this.
We're not talking about details here that could implicate any source. It's just a simple yes or no. Countless members have already stated their opinion here on the subject as well as making definitive statements this would be no different. I don't feel entitled to an answer and I'm not asking Martin or anyone else to make a definitive statement. He decided to make an implied definitive statement in the form of a hint. All I'm saying is in this situation the hinting to protect sources excuse doesn't fly so just say something there's no need to beat around the bush. Also I know he is respected and well known here, but I'm sorry no legitimate news outlet is going to cite him as a source and/or quote him. We know who he is and his history, but from a real world perspective he's just an anonymous online source.

Look I really didn't want this to devolve into a bash Martin argument. Like I said I like him and much of the content he's offered over the years, I just disagree with this childish hinting that offers no information. If he doesn't want to say anything at all that's fine. I'm just pointing out that if someone is making vague hints on a subject where the definitive information has no possibility of revealing or compromising a source, well then to me that reads as I don't know.

Also the way you handled this was great! You laid out the information you got that you could share, you didn't resort to vague hints and you didn't pretend to know everything. I know you're young, but this was a much more mature way to handle things. I hope this is just the beginning of a new generation of "insiders"!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
There is another leftover, actually. There's a whole educational series starring Buzzy's prototype, Captain Cortex.
I remember stumbling on a screenshot from one of these specials featuring the titular captain. He wore a Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses, and had blonde spikey hair. Other than that, pretty much Buzzy.
EDIT
FOUND IT
blogger-image-147339271.jpg

cropped version
lykAkTb.jpg

Looks like Kid Vid. All he's missing is the 90s era backwards hat and he'd be the epitome of "cool" He must be pals with Dippy Fresh.

Cheekylittlerobot

In response to TwilightZone: (Since my quoted comments keep getting flagged for some reason!)

I wonder if anyone would be able to find them, after all, someone was able to find all of the Figment films (except for one). Also, I know there is a demo version of the show audio on that Disney music forum that I can never remember the name of. The website doesn't work well on my computer, so I can't listen to the audio, but if I could, I would rip the audio and post it on youtube so that it would be more accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom