News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Morrow

I think it's highly unlikely that Mr. Backdoor stole buzzy. It's just not a one person job. But based on that report, he did something.

However, my gut also tells me that it's probably the fact that he has tons of backstage footage and photos on his phone that implicate him, or maybe he took something else, rather than the fact that he actually stole Buzzy.

By the way, if the police ever request your phone: if you have an iPhone you can hold down the Lock and Volume down button, or you can set it up so rapidly pressing the lock button five times in a row, to "emergency lock" your phone. It will not be unlocked without your passcode and you do not have to give your passcode to the police. Police can force your thumbprint or Face ID - these will be disabled until the passcode is entered.

Last edited:

Dragonman

The thing I don't like about BDD is that he was so laid back and carefree about what he was doing and well ..karma got him now. I feel the same about Matt Sonswa but that's a whole nother discussion

flynnibus

Premium Member
His bond amount was $500 and he got a bondsman to get him out. He also has a criminal defense attorney now. His hearing is on 1/17. Maybe that hearing will give everyone some more info on everything, at the very least, the circumstances surrounding his arrest.

Unlikely. First hearings like this are more procedural and to work out when parties will feel they are ready to proceed with a trial. That's if it were to go trial... which, given what isn't in the police report... id be shocked if it were to actually goto a trial phase. Probably a plead out or just be dropped.

EPCOTServo21

The thing I don't like about BDD is that he was so laid back and carefree about what he was doing and well ..karma got him now. I feel the same about Matt Sonswa but that's a whole nother discussion
Maybe it was already mentioned here, but did you see the new account he supposedly started already?

EPCOTServo21

Unlikely. First hearings like this are more procedural and to work out when parties will feel they are ready to proceed with a trial. That's if it were to go trial... which, given what isn't in the police report... id be shocked if it were to actually goto a trial phase. Probably a plead out or just be dropped.
He already entered a written not guilty plea to their charges. The arraignment hearing is on the 17th. They’ve already requested discovery for all the evidence prosecution has, and the actual complaint form is multiple pages long but not yet accessible to the public. I suspect that form has more info in it that some of us don’t know yet.

EvilChameleon

I love Marni. I believe he has credible information 99% of the time. But when there's an actual police report out there, spelling it all out in black and white, come on now. This case is closed, as far as the law is concerned.

flynnibus

Premium Member
He already entered a written not guilty plea to their charges. The arraignment hearing is on the 17th. They’ve already requested discovery for all the evidence prosecution has, and the actual complaint form is multiple pages long but not yet accessible to the public. I suspect that form has more info in it that some of us don’t know yet.

Given it's an arraignment - it's gonna be a enter the plea and set a trial date. Or be settled. Yes it will be nice once more docs get through the process... but the charge he faces isn't likely to open up much about stuff outside this scope. Maybe some hints about what lead them to getting the search warrants and if that happened because of the interview...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I love Marni. I believe he has credible information 99% of the time. But when there's an actual police report out there, spelling it all out in black and white, come on now. This case is closed, as far as the law is concerned.

While the report is b&w - it also is only within the scope of itself... it doesn't tell you much outside of it.... nor should people make leaps from it.

EPICOT

Reading the second report... I'm pretty suprised they charged him with resisting arrest.. at least from what's covered in the incident report. Besides the drama - an arrest from that sequence outlined sure seems petty.

View attachment 336403

Gotta think this is more about intimidation. Tho its still gonna cost this kid a pretty penny to have to lawyer up.

BDD: “It’s not over until I say it’s over... or until I vomit on police station floor”

Dragonman

Has it been confirmed what involvement BDD had with the whole Buzzy scenario or are they still going with the whole "It was a coincidence that he was at Wonders Of Life when Buzzy went missing" thing

DeletedAccount55555

Has it been confirmed what involvement BDD had with the whole Buzzy scenario or are they still going with the whole "It was a coincidence that he was at Wonders Of Life when Buzzy went missing" thing

All that was confirmed was someone named Patrick Allen Spikes was questioned in relation to the theft of Buzzy’s clothes. I don’t think any news outlet has said that’s BDD, but if it was, police at least suspected he was involved.

He was not charged with the theft. He was charged for “resisting an officer without violence” for refusing to hand over his phone.

s8film40

I’m no lawyer, but I have a feeling he’s getting out of that resisting charge. It’s seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Obviously we’re not getting a perfectly clear picture in a paragraph description though. I wonder if they’re even able to access his phone and even more interesting would be if he was dumb enough to walk into a sheriff office with incriminating evidence on his phone. Sounds to me like they just wanted to charge him with something while they try to find something more substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom