News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creathir

When WDW was supposedly testing Buzzy's animatronics earlier this year, was it a clothed Buzzy or a naked Buzzy? And if it was a naked Buzzy, what exactly were they testing him for?!! o_O
Skin Buzzy, slap some fur on him...
and you get...
monimovi.com-Rocket_Raccoon.jpg

Tavernacle12

This is so bizarre. I'm sure there's a market for animatronic parts but the payday for his hands and hat can't possibly be big enough to justify the risk involved.

Brer Oswald

I’m afraid not.
As always, people jump to conclusions based on seemingly related info. It’s too early for any of us to say, and the only people who really know what’s going on are people like you. Personally, I’m gonna just wait to hear what you have to say. I understand that you can’t say too much right now, but I’d rather be patient and not jump to conclusions, unlike what many in the Theme Park YouTube community seem to be doing...

MouseBrayden

All I'm going to say is ONE incident report has been published so far and everyone who wanted this rumor the be false has declared victory and headed home.

Not so fast. There are still facts and documents we don't have yet, there IS more to this story.

Perhaps Disney removed him after the clothes to prevent further prop theft, but that's just ANOTHER rumor trying to contradict ANOTHER rumor. We still don't have a single official document or statement about what happened to Buzzy himself, so if you see anyone making any conclusive claims as to what happened to Buzzy, they're either not sharing info or making stuff up.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

WDW Explorer.. Boy that's a blast from the past. That was around the time of the original RollerCoaster Tycoon.
I still have them... Volume One without Animal Kingdom and Volume two with Animal Kingdom. Unfortunately I can no longer watch them. I used to spend hours with those interactive DVD or CD or whatever they were called back then. It was much better then the internet, that was when dial up was king.

Last edited:

pumpkin7

As someone said though on twitter, Buzzy had no hands and no gloves. The gloves replaced his hands before the attraction closed, and then his gloves have also been stolen at some point. This is apparently a recent picture from our buddy at Backdoordisney and he just has metal claws for hands.

And the description doesn't match this photo either. Like you said, the red jacket isnt what he is wearing. It's very bizarre.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181020-234346.jpg
    Screenshot_20181020-234346.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 431

DreamfinderGuy

As someone said though on twitter, Buzzy had no hands and no gloves. The gloves replaced his hands before the attraction closed, and then his gloves have also been stolen at some point. This is apparently a recent picture from our buddy at Backdoordisney and he just has metal claws for hands.

And the description doesn't match this photo either. Like you said, the red jacket isnt what he is wearing. It's very bizarre.
His gloves went missing in October 2012. It was revealed at that point that his hand molds were gone and it just had his claws. Whoever wrote up that police report apparently wasn't very well educated about the situation

MouseBrayden

Shut it down.
It just astonishes me how badly people want to "shut down" this story in the absence of all the facts.

Here's a fact for you: we still don't have a single document that points to what happened to the Buzzy animatronic himself.

Personally, I think it's very possible that Disney removed Buzzy and Hypo after the clothes theft, but the fact that backstage photos don't line up with the incident report ON TOP of the fact that insiders I know are credible on this very forum say he was removed unauthorized at the very least means there's still information out there we don't have yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom