News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianway

Likely not directly related, but apparently Backdoor Disney has been arrested.

Cool photos. Too bad they were acquired through tresspassing. And the guy seemed to be awfully abrasive on Twitter.

Certainly if this were true it would pass across @Gabrielle Russon or one of the sentinel reporters review of arrest records.
Eta
Looks like @Thelazer is already coming up with some likelys

Last edited:

erasure fan1

#StopAnimatronicAbuse
Careful, in this world now, that could become a thing.:bored:

Keep this in mind. The more improbable something seems to do, sometimes the easier it is. Why? Because everyone thinks, ehh that can't happen, so their guard is down. Like in retail, no one thinks someone is going to just pull their car up to the front of the store, in front of everyone, in the middle of the day, and just take what ever is on the sidewalk. Because no one, including the associates, thinks anyone would do that so they had to have paid for it. So it might not be as hard as people think.

Kamikaze

Okay so, an update. Did this happen? Yes, it did. His hydraulics (THEY WERE ACTIVE) got cut, and his whole base and everything was removed. Wonders doesn’t have any active cameras, so the culprit wasn’t caught on film. This happened in November, and they thought that BackDoor took him, but he didn’t. They got a search warrant and didn’t find it. Take it from someone who has like five different sources and has personally seen his arrest record.

What did they arrest him for? Trespass, I assume?

Certainly if this were true it would pass across @Gabrielle Russon or one of the sentinel reporters review of arrest records.

All records in FL are public record, so if he was actually arrested for it, we should be able to see that once its posted. We would need to know his real name to pick it out, but it will be 'out there'.

Tavernacle12

Is this the first time a full animatronic was stolen from one of the parks?

Also, if he went missing in November, you’d think we’d have known earlier with all the insiders and gossip we get here. Though if it was an investigation it’d make sense it was kept quiet.

asianway

Is this the first time a full animatronic was stolen from one of the parks?

Also, if he went missing in November, you’d think we’d have known earlier with all the insiders and gossip we get here. Though if it was an investigation it’d make sense it was kept quiet.
I’m not convinced anything was stolen

mimitchi33

I'm surprised they didn't catch this, being that many people who try to do urban exploring usually get in trouble for going to closed places that are off limits (Discovery Island, River Country, Wonders of Life). I even listened to an interview where they said they had to make sure nobody saw them inside the abandoned areas. The people who do "Overnight Challenge" videos also face similar risks, but they're higher being as some places hire nighttime security. Most of them usually end with the people leaving before it's 5AM or being caught by security. One person even got banned from LegoLand for attempting an overnight challenge, so I wonder if the Buzzy thief will be banned from Disney for stealing something so important.

CJR

Most AP's are blocked out right now. So this is either a person with a Platinum AP, regular ticket (single/multiday), or an employee. I have a feeling it's the last one.

Edit: Just saw the post saying he got stolen in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom