News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
2C852950-8DB2-463A-8B4A-A9325501AB22.jpeg

iHeartDisneylandCats

This has to be the most interesting rumor I have ever read on this site. I feel like it's possible that maybe the archives took him? On the other hand, Backdoor Disney seemed to be very angry with Disney lately, so it wouldn't shock me if he was the culprit. IF Buzzy is actually gone, and I won't believe it 100 percent until there are photos of his space now empty, this would be a true whodunnit.
Likely not directly related, but apparently Backdoor Disney has been arrested.

Cool photos. Too bad they were acquired through tresspassing. And the guy seemed to be awfully abrasive on Twitter.

I saw that coming, but unfortunately I never saved the SGE photos or the Imageworks video. If anybody has those backed up, please PM me.

Movielover

Listen up, ladies and gentlemen. Our fugitive has been on the run for 5 hours. Average foot speed over uneven ground, barring injuries, is 4 miles-an-hour. That gives us a radius of 20 miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, doghouse and online Ebay account in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive’s name is Buzzy. Go get him.

Jwhee

So you're trying to tell me that something the size and weight of a dishwasher that was suspended 10 feet in the air got stolen unnoticed by someone who had to use power tools to cut the thing off of it of its base.. while standing on some type of lift or ladder...

Also, where does one plug in their power tools inside of an attraction theater?

Then they proceeded to take this large and heavy and very noticeable item and walk out of the building and leave the property with it.. unnoticed?

On top of all that... said person is not seen on any cameras walking away with an animatronic?? LOL. Sounds too good to be true

Movielover

So you're trying to tell me that something the size and weight of a dishwasher that was suspended 10 feet in the air got stolen unnoticed by someone who had to use power tools to cut the thing off of it of its base.. while standing on some type of lift or ladder...

Then they proceeded to take this large and heavy and very noticeable item and walk out of the building and leave the property with it.. unnoticed?

On top of all that... said person is not seen on any cameras walking away with an animatronic?? LOL. Sounds too good to be true

mi.jpg

iHeartDisneylandCats

The upside to this is that hopefully from now on Disney will make use of closed attractions pretty quickly to avoid this type of thing..but we all know that ain't going to happen 🙄
If anything, it will cause Disney to stop letting props that many people would love to get their hands on rot in shuttered attractions. If this indeed happened, I predict that with any future attraction closures, all props will be quickly sent to the archives or destroyed.

This is exactly why I'm skeptical. I won't believe he's gone until I see pics of his spot empty, and even then, it's still likely he was taken to the archives.

DreamfinderGuy

Okay so, an update. Did this happen? Yes, it did. His hydraulics (THEY WERE ACTIVE) got cut, and his whole base and everything was removed. Wonders doesn’t have any active cameras, so the culprit wasn’t caught on film. This happened in November, and they thought that BackDoor took him, but he didn’t. They got a search warrant and didn’t find it. Take it from someone who has like five different sources and has personally seen his arrest record.

jt04

Okay so, an update. Did this happen? Yes, it did. His hydraulics (THEY WERE ACTIVE) got cut, and his whole base and everything was removed. Wonders doesn’t have any active cameras, so the culprit wasn’t caught on film. This happened in November, and they thought that BackDoor took him, but he didn’t. They got a search warrant and didn’t find it. Take it from someone who has like five different sources and has personally seen his arrest record.

just because they didn't find it doesn't mean much.

MarkTwain

Not finding this hard to believe at all. Backstage areas are incredibly unsupervised; Disney puts most of their resources on watching onstage areas. Put Buzzy in a stroller, wrap him up in a few blankets, roll him a few hundred feet to the park exit, and boom, you've got yourselves thousands of dollars in the Disney fan black market.

The best way to protect Buzzy would've been for Disney to remove and preserve him any time in the past 15 years or so the attraction's been closed.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Whoever allegedly took Buzzy clearly was someone that knew what they were doing. It certainly wouldn't have been an amateur if what you're saying is true. I will agree with JT though, he could have handed Buzzy off to a friend because he was a suspect. If Buzzy is indeed stolen, I doubt he would ever show up on eBay, because Disney would obviously find out who stole him one way or another. If he is gone, he's probably in somebody's living room on display.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Not finding this hard to believe at all. Backstage areas are incredibly unsupervised; Disney puts most of their resources on watching onstage areas. Put Buzzy in a stroller, wrap him up in a few blankets, roll him a few hundred feet to the park exit, and boom, you've got yourselves thousands of dollars in the Disney fan black market.

The best way to protect Buzzy would've been for Disney to remove and preserve him any time in the past 15 years or so the attraction's been closed.
Thats basically the plot of "The Further Adventures of Walt's Frozen Head". I haven't seen the movie yet, but basically Walt's head is frozen, and he is dethawed so he can see the parks, and he is pushed around in a stroller. :hilarious:

EOD K9

Listen up, ladies and gentlemen. Our fugitive has been on the run for 5 hours. Average foot speed over uneven ground, barring injuries, is 4 miles-an-hour. That gives us a radius of 20 miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, doghouse and online Ebay account in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive’s name is Buzzy. Go get him.
I can hear Tommy Lee Jones as Deputy US Marshal Sam Gerard giving that speech as I was reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom