News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithVH

So, we have an unauthorized removal. Which begs the question - fr those in the know, how common is such an event link this? And I mean in all cases, not just major pieces. Do CMs and/or quests successfully make off with a lot of stuff year after year? How much effort does the company put into retrieval efforts?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thank god I didn’t see this thread earlier... my head would have exploded trying to comprehend how people let themselves be lead so badly.

How’s this for a potential twist... what if it was someone in Disney who simply did it without prior permission? Like what if some imagineers took it on themselves to remove the figure because of some decision they didn’t agree with? I’m not saying they would have hid it, but what if it was done without permission? That could be a theory that fits the pieces shared so far.

The whole twitter angle is so toxic I wouldn’t touch it with a 50ft stick... people have no common sense when they can’t bother to get the facts right before talking with confidence.

iHeartDisneylandCats

So, we have an unauthorized removal. Which begs the question - fr those in the know, how common is such an event link this? And I mean in all cases, not just major pieces. Do CMs and/or quests successfully make off with a lot of stuff year after year? How much effort does the company put into retrieval efforts?
I have a couple pairs of 3D glasses from the parks from several years back. Obviously this isn't on the same level as Buzzy, but I'd still consider it an "unauthorized removal". I'd honestly say it happens all the time, but not major pieces from the parks.

NormC

From what I understand Buzzy was powered up and Imagineering ran him through HIS portion of the show. Movements only with reactions to audio cues. Hypo was not tested and obviously none of the video or in theater effects are in working order.
Doubtful as most of the control electronics were removed long ago as shown in Adam the Woo’s videos. At least I think it was Adam. The videos were on YouTube. EDIT: It was MattSonswa video I was thinking of.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thank god I didn’t see this thread earlier... my head would have exploded trying to comprehend how people let themselves be lead so badly.

How’s this for a potential twist... what if it was someone in Disney who simply did it without prior permission? Like what if some imagineers took it on themselves to remove the figure because of some decision they didn’t agree with? I’m not saying they would have hid it, but what if it was done without permission? That could be a theory that fits the pieces shared so far.

The whole twitter angle is so toxic I wouldn’t touch it with a 50ft stick... people have no common sense when they can’t bother to get the facts right before talking with confidence.

I may be reading to much into Martin's wording, but "unauthorized removal" does sound to me like what you are describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom