News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A lot of people loved the attraction and still have an emotional connection to the characters. People are allowed to be interested or even concerned about what happened to something they care about. Some of the posters here are young, but not young enough to need an in depth explanation that Buzzy isn't sentient. He didn't need to be in order to be meaningful. The ghost of Christmas past should be here to pick you up any moment.

If he didn't get it before you said this, he surely isn't going to get it after. ;)

Smooth

Hey... what if there never really was a Buzzy? Maybe those of us who think we saw him were victims of mass hypnosis? Maybe it was just a projection? What if it was all just a 'Figment' of our Imagination?!
IMG_0135.JPG

BigThunderMatt

Yeah, that new Star Wars land they are building, and the brand new Toy Story land, and the recent Pandora, and the New Fantasyland. Yeah, they obviously don't care about what the fans have to say at all. SMFH.

Anyway, Back to the topic of this thread.

Pretty sure the majority of the Star Wars fan base that existed pre-Disney is not happy with the direction the company has taken with over-saturating the market. Galaxy's Edge, while certainly done on a Harry Potter level of detail, is simply part of that over-saturation. Pandora was a giant 'Wut?' moment when it was announced, a weak reaction by Disney to how popular Harry Potter was at Universal, and even moreso when it finally opened 8 years after the movie was no longer a talking point for the general public. The lines just speak to it being the hot new thing in a park sorely wanting for new attractions. Toy Story Land was literally lifted straight from HKDL, barely any R&D involved there and New Fantasyland took an exorbitant amount of time to build when all we got was a net gain of +1 attraction. It consisted of an already developed coaster for Shanghai that was shoehorned in halfway through replacing what would have been a glorified meet & greet, a clone of an attraction at DCA, a glorified meet & greet, another glorified meet & greet, an overhyped restaurant, and a Dumbo spinner.

You're new here and if you're looking for a community of like-minded people that share your views you're going to be sorely disappointed. Most of us here are realists that have a passion for the Disney parks but we also know that our opinion and our wants literally mean nothing to the corporate machine that Disney has become, and people like you who willingly shell out money to Disney when they pander to you like they actually care and you eat it all up are merely rubes. The company sees you as a quick buck, nothing more. As others have said, and coming from my own 8 years of experience working for Disney, their focus is on people who have the money to spend on every upcharge event and amenity that sets them apart from the common masses. If you happen to be able to do that and still have that passion for the parks, you're in the minority. The company isn't catering to you for your passion, they're catering to you for your money and that's it.

Last edited:

LSLS

Oh, I think that you are greatly over emphasizing the numbers and the power of the relatively few "Disney nerds" as opposed to the general attendance of any Disney park other then possibly Disneyland. My negativity comes from those irrational concerns. I feel like we are living in a world of people that have no concern at all about the plight of real people yet, get all emotional about a freaking robot. That is why I am negative. And you are right I shouldn't be reading the thread. And I am not reading it because I am concerned about what happened, I instead, am reading it continuously to see just how screwed up civilization really is. You "nerds" support illegal activity if it satisfies some need to be in the loop about nothing.

Let me put it this way... There are only two possibilities. The first is that it was stolen and the second is that it was removed by Disney and Archived by them to cut down on the Trespassing factor... What they used to call removing the cause. Now ask yourself the question, if either one of them are determined to be the answer what difference will it make to anything.

I can say I feel no sense of attachment about the attraction or buzzy. Had disney destroyed it, I wouldnt even think twice (though I know others do for a history of reasons, and I wont begrudge them for it). I am fascinated with how someone was able to get the animatronic out if true, hence I want all the details on this I can find. Call me whatever you want. I also love to watch crime shows and read about real life crimes, so I'm sure you have all sorts of things to say about that.

LongballMG

The thing that upsets me the most about this is that we know the AA was in working order and was operated by Imagineering this summer. It was reported that it went through the show just fine and to be removed such that it could never run again is so sad.

If it had been derelict or decommissioned that would be one thing, but Buzzy was in working order and Imagineering had run his program recently.

zooey

Pretty sure the majority of the Star Wars fan base that existed pre-Disney is not happy with the direction the company has taken with over-saturating the market. Galaxy's Edge, while certainly done on a Harry Potter level of detail, is simply part of that over-saturation. Pandora was a giant 'Wut?' moment when it was announced, a weak reaction by Disney to how popular Harry Potter was at Universal, and even moreso when it finally opened 8 years after the movie was no longer a talking point for the general public. The lines just speak to it being the hot new thing in a park sorely wanting for new attractions. Toy Story Land was literally lifted straight from HKDL, barely any R&D involved there and New Fantasyland took an exorbitant amount of time to build when all we got was a net gain of +1 attraction. It consisted of an already developed coaster for Shanghai that was shoehorned in halfway through replacing what would have been a glorified meet & greet, a clone of an attraction at DCA, a glorified meet & greet, another glorified meet & greet, an overhyped restaurant, and a Dumbo spinner.

You're new here and if you're looking for a community of like-minded people that share your views you're going to be sorely disappointed. Most of us here are realists that have a passion for the Disney parks but we also know that our opinion and our wants literally mean nothing to the corporate machine that Disney has become, and people like you who willingly shell out money to Disney when they pander to you like they actually care and you eat it all up are merely rubes. The company sees you as a quick buck, nothing more. As others have said, and coming from my own 8 years of experience working for Disney, their focus is on people who have the money to spend on every upcharge event and amenity that sets them apart from the common masses. If you happen to be able to do that and still have that passion for the parks, you're in the minority. The company isn't catering to you for your passion, they're catering to you for your money and that's it.
Lol
I can’t wait for the record-breaking Galaxy’s Edge crowds to not go into the land because they’re tired of Star Wars.
(Sorry, don’t mean to continue the derailing, but I did.)

rocketraccoon

The thing that upsets me the most about this is that we know the AA was in working order and was operated by Imagineering this summer. It was reported that it went through the show just fine and to be removed such that it could never run again is so sad.

If it had been derelict or decommissioned that would be one thing, but Buzzy was in working order and Imagineering had run his program recently.
Was that ever confirmed? All the show electronics for Body Wars seem to have already been ripped out and from what I understand it's fairly typical for them to take that stuff for re-use. I'd be surprised if they brought in everything needed to run the AA through the whole show just to test it.

LongballMG

Was that ever confirmed? All the show electronics for Body Wars seem to have already been ripped out and from what I understand it's fairly typical for them to take that stuff for re-use. I'd be surprised if they brought in everything needed to run the AA through the whole show just to test it.

From what I understand Buzzy was powered up and Imagineering ran him through HIS portion of the show. Movements only with reactions to audio cues. Hypo was not tested and obviously none of the video or in theater effects are in working order.

iHeartDisneylandCats

And who watches, listens to, reads that media? WE DO.

How is this so hard to understand? A company does not survive without customers. Disney nerds are the BIGGEST customers Disney has. They are not focuse don the person that buys a Disney note pad becsaue it's the first thing they grabed in the store and they just needed a note pad. Disney focuses on those of us that need a note pad and will dig through the bin to find a Disney one. They focus on the ones that have been buying AP
s for the past decade, the ones that are members of Disney forums and Facebook pages/groups. They know who their target audiance are. YES, We are the one skeeping the company alive.
This is untrue. Disney's target audience is wealthy people that are willing to drop a small fortune on a WDW vacation. The only reason they do stuff like D23 Expo and other fan events is because they know it is easy money.
Yeah, that new Star Wars land they are building, and the brand new Toy Story land, and the recent Pandora, and the New Fantasyland. Yeah, they obviously don't care about what the fans have to say at all. SMFH.

Anyway, Back to the topic of this thread.
They don't. Star Wars is aimed at the fanboys that would visit literally anything with the Star Wars name attached. Toy Story suffered severe budget cuts, making the land weak. Pandora was a "doh" because of the success Universal had with Potter, and New Fantasyland is nothing special. 7DMT is extremely short, and instead of building proper attractions throughout, they chose to be cheap and create Meet and Greets. If Disney truly cared about us, they would build original attractions similar to Haunted Mansion, Pirates, or 1982 EPCOT Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom