Buzz queue refurb?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well then you were doing it wrong.
Actually, it kept both lines moving consistently without any complaints for anybody. And management said that it was an acceptable way to do it for that attraction in particular.

Although, 95% of attractions don't have 2 separate loading station. So it's not like this theory could work somewhere else.

WondersOfLife

There is a little card that each cast member has access to and (should be) adhering to when using the FastPass queue. Depending on how many people are in FP queue, the amount of FP guests let in are different (Phase 1, 2, or 3). If the queue is way backed up, then that means you’re only gonna get like 7 guests in through standby before having to try and flush the FP again so you can get the queue to a 2 or 1, allowing marginally more guests in through the queue.

In other words, it is standardized, which is what I would tell the people screaming at me. But some cast members instead will go by “who’s yelling at me now” or “I’ve been at this attraction for 5 years, I’ll let in whomever I well please.”
Literally no cast member goes by that standard. And I don't remember getting a card for the amount of FP guests to let in, either. There was a 'test' for training, sure. But that's the last you ever hear of it (at least where I was).

Disneyson

Literally no cast member goes by that standard. And I don't remember getting a card for the amount of FP guests to let in, either. There was a 'test' for training, sure. But that's the last you ever hear of it (at least where I was).

That’s literally not true — because at least I did! Many cast members do use the ratios, actually, it does depend on your location and your managers and training. Many people also get clickers to count accurately. The merge ratio cards usually live where the redeemed paper Fastpasses used to live, at least at Kali and GMR. Perhaps you just had an attraction where it was less important to keep merge fair, or perhaps it had a higher capacity and better turnover rate.

We had to use these at Kali because we got yelled at so often. We could blame these cards for the really unfair-feeling ratio.

WondersOfLife

That’s literally not true — because at least I did! Many cast members do use the ratios, actually, it does depend on your location and your managers and training. Many people also get clickers to count accurately. The merge ratio cards usually live where the redeemed paper Fastpasses used to live, at least at Kali and GMR. Perhaps you just had an attraction where it was less important to keep merge fair, or perhaps it had a higher capacity and better turnover rate.

We had to use these at Kali because we got yelled at so often. We could blame these cards for the really unfair-feeling ratio.
Ah. Well in that case, I believe you. I have said time and time again that the management and training at Adventureland was so bad.

WondersOfLife

I’ve heard stories about Ad/Lib... Scary ones. But I believe it, considering Pirates, Mansion, HoP, and Tiki Room have great capacity. I bet they really only enforce the ratios at Jungle Cruise.
I quit super mega early because the management was so bad at Pirates in particular. (Among other reason as well) I'm sure if my circumstances had been better, it would have been a fantastic experience. But I wasn't putting up with it.

I will forever be in fear of my life whenever I ride WDW's Pirates ever again. Because I can guarantee you, I was NOT properly trained enough to operate that attraction, and neither were my DCP co-workers.

Ok. Back on topic.

peter11435

Actually, it kept both lines moving consistently without any complaints for anybody. And management said that it was an acceptable way to do it for that attraction in particular.

Although, 95% of attractions don't have 2 separate loading station. So it's not like this theory could work somewhere else.
Actually it is not an acceptable way to to it for that attraction or any other. I’m sorry if you were trained that way because it’s truly unfortunate and a sad reflection on the quality of leadership and training in that area. There are lots of management across the property that tripped into their positions and don’t necessarily understand basic operational requirements.

The two sides have equal capacity. The distribution of fastpass vs standby is not and cannot be equal. While it may work for a little while. Ultimately it will require phasing fastpass which should not be a desired outcome of your merge technique. While it may have worked for you, mathematical certainly dictates that your method would create issues for those who come after you.

WondersOfLife

Actually it is not an acceptable way to to it for that attraction or any other. I’m sorry if you were trained that way because it’s truly unfortunate and a sad reflection on the quality of leadership and training in that area. There are lots of management across the property that tripped into their positions and don’t necessarily understand basic operational requirements.

The two sides have equal capacity. The distribution of fastpass vs standby is not and cannot be equal. While it may work for a little while. Ultimately it will require phasing fastpass which should not be a desired outcome of your merge technique. While it may have worked for you, mathematical certainly dictates that your method would create issues for those who come after you.
Literally, it was fine, and everyone was happy. The only time it wouldn't work is when we keep letting people WITHOUT fastpasses into the fastpass line and then it gets INSANELY long. (Which we were trained to just repeatedly tap the "pass" button at the entrance, no matter how big the group was that claimed to have a fastpass for Pirates when it was for Little Mermaid, for instance). Next time you go to pirates, look at the screen that's all beat up and scratched on the "allow access" side of the screen at fastpass check in.

lightningtap347

Literally, it was fine, and everyone was happy. The only time it wouldn't work is when we keep letting people WITHOUT fastpasses into the fastpass line and then it gets INSANELY long. (Which we were trained to just repeatedly tap the "pass" button at the entrance, no matter how big the group was that claimed to have a fastpass for Pirates when it was for Little Mermaid, for instance). Next time you go to pirates, look at the screen that's all beat up and scratched on the "allow access" side of the screen at fastpass check in.

Bruh I got that Fastpass card for FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING lmao. We personally never needed it, as there really weren't phases for a show. It was more or less "Ohh it's raining" or "It's not raining" regarding how many fastpasses we let in vs standby.

Hank Hill

They should eliminate all standby lines, everyone gets all the fastpasses they can in a day, but they only get to book one pre-arrival. Then you only have a hard 15 minute return window of when the FP is good for. Once your FP time comes up, you can book the next FP. Basically like the virtual lines that some other parks have. Since there are no standby queues, you won't have all FP's for the day gone by 9 am on some rides.

Monorail_Orange

They should eliminate all standby lines, everyone gets all the fastpasses they can in a day, but they only get to book one pre-arrival. Then you only have a hard 15 minute return window of when the FP is good for. Once your FP time comes up, you can book the next FP. Basically like the virtual lines that some other parks have. Since there are no standby queues, you won't have all FP's for the day gone by 9 am on some rides.
Your idea has merit, but it will never happen. That's not what today's TWDC wants. They don't want people constantly going on rides, seeing shows, or sitting on benches...they want you in the park but bored, so you'll go into a shop/food location and spend some $$$ while you wait for your next FP to come up in a few hours.

ETA: Although, if they could monetize your concept (they kinda already do with the VIP tour guides) then it could happen.

tissandtully

This is basically what Volcano Bay does, though I'm not sure if they still do?

rreading

There is a little card that each cast member has access to and (should be) adhering to when using the FastPass queue. Depending on how many people are in FP queue, the amount of FP guests let in are different (Phase 1, 2, or 3). If the queue is way backed up, then that means you’re only gonna get like 7 guests in through standby before having to try and flush the FP again so you can get the queue to a 2 or 1, allowing marginally more guests in through the queue.

In other words, it is standardized, which is what I would tell the people screaming at me. But some cast members instead will go by “who’s yelling at me now” or “I’ve been at this attraction for 5 years, I’ll let in whomever I well please.”

That makes sense and explains why PP queue really won't move - since everyone uses FP for it - while other lines with less FP will allow standby to make progress.

We usually us FP for SM and watching the standby move sometimes but not all the times was quite frustrating o_O But it makes sense

KimAnnFran

The easier solution would be just to reduce the amount of fastpasses given out. I don't care if it would make them harder to get.
I feel like there are a lot of solutions, namely, stop letting crowds of that size into parks, expand the parks and keep the old good rides and make more new ones to spread people out, etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom