Buzz queue refurb?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Replace it with what? Granted they have a lot of IP from Fox. But what to repleace it with?

IPs? Probably either Wreck it Ralph (Hero's Duty: Alien Swarm) which would be the easier to adapt or Lilo and Stitch with a premise of saving Stitch and his family of experiments from the clutches of the evil Dr. Hamsterveil; being a complete rewrite with the guns and point-based scores being something else entirely. Or for a curveball; original IP-adjacent ride based on Dreamfinder and Figment wherein we collect sparks of imagination. ('though it would require a bit of finagling and finesse to fit TL) I'm sure something S.E.A. could also work. And if not that some other Fox IP or original ride concept.

Buzz is past it's prime. It works. It's fun. But it's just more of the same. I don't think MK needs "Toy Story anything" especially if a similar ride or spiritual successor exists in Toy Story land.

SplashJacket

IPs? Probably either Wreck it Ralph (Hero's Duty: Alien Swarm) which would be the easier to adapt or Lilo and Stitch with a premise of saving Stitch and his family of experiments from the clutches of the evil Dr. Hamsterveil; being a complete rewrite with the guns and point-based scores being something else entirely. Or for a curveball; original IP-adjacent ride based on Dreamfinder and Figment wherein we collect sparks of imagination. ('though it would require a bit of finagling and finesse to fit TL) I'm sure something S.E.A. could also work. And if not that some other Fox IP or original ride concept.

Buzz is past it's prime. It works. It's fun. But it's just more of the same. I don't think MK needs "Toy Story anything" especially if a similar ride or spiritual successor exists in Toy Story land.

I disagree with the need to switch out the entire premise.

Just to bring it up to par with the other Buzz attractions around the world. It needs a huge amount of work.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I disagree with the need to switch out the entire premise.
Just to bring it up to par with the other Buzz attractions around the world. It needs a huge amount of work.

I think a hypothetical switch to Hero's Duty with the blaster and points system remaining would be the best-case scenario for keeping much of it the same. I agree, other options would require massive rewrites and ride system changes - taking on a more "Ride and Go Seek" darkride feel. Dreamfinder was just a throwaway idea but it could work. I just don't see the need to keep it Toy Story-themed even if it is the ONLY IP in TL that actually fits. But I agree if for nothing else, fixing it up would be nice!

Last edited:

SplashJacket

I think a hypothetical switch to Hero's Duty with the blaster and points system remaining would be the best-case scenario for keeping much of it the same. I agree, other options would require massive rewrites and ride system changes - taking on a more "Ride and Go Seek" darkride feel. Dreamfinder was just a throwaway idea but it could work. I just don't see the need to keep it Toy Story-themed even if it is the ONLY IP in TL that actually fits. But I agree if for nothing else, fixing it up would be nice!

My main issue with changing it is just the potential it has.

The other attractions are very enjoyable around the world, but I am very hesitant to ride it in Orlando.

Switching the theme as they did in Hong Kong does not necessarily mean better. Ant-Man the ride is horrible.

I would be more than content with the ride finally getting the love it deserves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom