Buzz queue refurb?

Andsome

Original Poster
I rode Buzz earlier today and noticed that the part of the FP queue leading up to the merge point was walled off- the standby switchback to the left of the entrance has been partly rearranged to (temporarily?) accommodate the FP queue. Are they finally removing that annoying divider that was put up when FP+ was launched?

Dragonman

It’s possible

justintheharris

I rode Buzz earlier today and noticed that the part of the FP queue leading up to the merge point was walled off- the standby switchback to the left of the entrance has been partly rearranged to (temporarily?) accommodate the FP queue. Are they finally removing that annoying divider that was put up when FP+ was launched?
I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about as I haven't seen construction walls in that queue recently but as far as I heard, Disney really does not want people in the standby line to see the fastpass line moving and if anything, they want to expand that divider wall. Not remove it. Notice all the new rides try and hide their fastpass queues from the standby line (Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, Millennium Falcon, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, the new Toy Story Mania queue etc.). They weren't using the indoor portion of the queue of Buzz for a long time and I asked about it because it's the middle of summer and for no apparent reason, they're holding nearly the whole queue outside when there's plenty of room indoors.

tissandtully

I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about as I haven't seen construction walls in that queue recently but as far as I heard, Disney really does not want people in the standby line to see the fastpass line moving and if anything, they want to expand that divider wall. Not remove it. Notice all the new rides try and hide their fastpass queues from the standby line (Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, Millennium Falcon, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, the new Toy Story Mania queue etc.). They weren't using the indoor portion of the queue of Buzz for a long time and I asked about it because it's the middle of summer and for no apparent reason, they're holding nearly the whole queue outside when there's plenty of room indoors.
As someone who has seen a woman downright yelling at a FP merge CM on Soarin' to "STOP LETTING PEOPLE ON, JUST STOP!", I can see why they'd want that.

justintheharris

When I was a CM, I was physically attacked at an attraction because the merge point was exposed, added to an incredibly hot day in an all-outdoor queue, and explaining the Fastpass ratios to angry guests who really didn’t want to be told they had to wait for 150 or so guests to enter until they could go through.
The easier solution would be just to reduce the amount of fastpasses given out. I don't care if it would make them harder to get.

tissandtully

When I was a CM, I was physically attacked at an attraction because the merge point was exposed, added to an incredibly hot day in an all-outdoor queue, and explaining the Fastpass ratios to angry guests who really didn’t want to be told they had to wait for 150 or so guests to enter until they could go through.
Which attraction?

TrojanUSC

The easier solution would be just to reduce the amount of fastpasses given out. I don't care if it would make them harder to get.

How? Doesn't matter if its 10 guests or 20, the fact someone has to hold the standby queue to let "others" in front of them is what is upsetting. The number is secondary.

Disneyson

Does this method work? Asking for a friend.

No, it does not. It will either reduce your CM to tears, therefore gumming up the entire operation and forcing the manager to arrive, or will drive the CM towards spite and specifically keep your line from moving.

It was Kali River Rapids. It's presumably supposed to have gotten an brand new fastpass/standby queue solution several times in it's life.

ppete1975

I've never yelled at a CM (not their fault) but I have been annoyed in the Soarin' queue by how many FP guests they push through before allowing the standby guests sometimes.

Of course the simple solution is to get rid of FP
never going to happen.. at least for a decade

justintheharris

How? Doesn't matter if its 10 guests or 20, the fact someone has to hold the standby queue to let "others" in front of them is what is upsetting. The number is secondary.
People would not be nearly as frustrated if they only had to wait for 50 people to pass by the fastpass queue for 50 people from standby to be allowed in. Rather than waiting for 100 fastpass for 10 standby.

Joeamc

It is the Wal-mart of Disney queues.
Buzz (the audio animatronic in the queue) is constantly "down" or being worked on. It definitely feels like a queue from a local amusement park. But I have to say, me and my family love the ride, we will ride sometimes 4 times in a row (when lines are short, aka late night, trying to beat each others scores and get 999,999

Last edited:

tissandtully

Buzz (the audio animatronic in the queue) is constantly "down" or being worked on. It definitely feels like a queue from a local amusement park. But I have to say, me and my family love the ride, we will ride sometimes 4 times in a row (when lines are short, aka late night, trying to beat each others scores and get 999,999
Yeah, the ride is fine, it could definitely use some updating and some TLC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom