Buzz queue refurb?

tissandtully

If they lower the amount of fastpasses given out, they can make the guest flow work.
Yeah, there's some attractions though they've made it so you're almost guaranteed to get a FP just to make you feel good. Aside from the ones that don't require FP to see like CoP. I think Buzz, HM and Jungle Cruise may be some of those?

rreading

The only thing frustrating to me is the seeming inconsistency of the CMs who run the queue. If it were more consistent, I feel that I could estimate the wait better

Disneyson

The only thing frustrating to me is the seeming inconsistency of the CMs who run the queue. If it were more consistent, I feel that I could estimate the wait better

There is a little card that each cast member has access to and (should be) adhering to when using the FastPass queue. Depending on how many people are in FP queue, the amount of FP guests let in are different (Phase 1, 2, or 3). If the queue is way backed up, then that means you’re only gonna get like 7 guests in through standby before having to try and flush the FP again so you can get the queue to a 2 or 1, allowing marginally more guests in through the queue.

In other words, it is standardized, which is what I would tell the people screaming at me. But some cast members instead will go by “who’s yelling at me now” or “I’ve been at this attraction for 5 years, I’ll let in whomever I well please.”

Moka

As someone who has seen a woman downright yelling at a FP merge CM on Soarin' to "STOP LETTING PEOPLE ON, JUST STOP!", I can see why they'd want that.
Reminds me of a time when I was at Animal Kingdom and not just one but a whole bunch of people were getting extremely angry while waiting for Na’vi River Journey and we realized the line was taking so long because the CM working the FP was letting about 25 FP people in then only 4-5 standby in each time.

peter11435

Reminds me of a time when I was at Animal Kingdom and not just one but a whole bunch of people were getting extremely angry while waiting for Na’vi River Journey and we realized the line was taking so long because the CM working the FP was letting about 25 FP people in then only 4-5 standby in each time.
That’s pretty much a standard fastpass ratio. The cast member wasn’t the problem.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
(Not at Disney) but I once won a coveted park award, for NOT beating a guest/pushing her down an exit stairwell. She spit in my face and said, “F— You!” as she stormed off. People are cruel to park employees everywhere, not just in Orlando. I didn’t physically or verbally retaliate, but I did have security did ban her from the park. So if you find yourself upset over something, remember the CM has consistently had a worse day than you’re experiencing. Because of this, I like to go out of my way to thank and encourage park employees. Let them know how much we appreciate them.

Disneyson

It's disgusting that people would act like that to people who are just trying to do their jobs.

A loss of basic human decency is usually blamed on “Vacation Brain” at the front line cast member level rather than lack of exposure to group activities, public entertainment social situations, and general entertainment industry-wide etiquette. Of course, neither Disney’s leaders nor I want to get perjoritive.

However, sometimes I imagine that the worst guests are the ones that are going to the parks for the first time and have wildly different expectations on how the day is going to pan out, and are ignorant to the finer details like Fastpasses and scheduling.

disneyC97

The attraction vehicles have looked dirty and chipped almost from day one. If they’re so impossible to maintain they should just keep them the solid blue they were during “if you had wings” and it’s follow-ups.

Rider

On topic...
8FD867B5-A025-4E27-A9D6-D9AF97A9170A.jpeg
4B7B2A00-7DDD-4AB7-B8B8-DAA37599DAD3.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom