Buzz queue refurb?

Dragonman

I’m sure someone has pics...

Snow Queen 83

I don't know why it is such a fan favorite. I guess it's because it is a ride everyone in the family can ride.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

When the ride was brand new, I had never seen something like it before and thought it was neat.

20+ years later and every amusement center or park in the country has something similar and that is no longer the case. Disney themselves have done much better with the Monsters Inc ride and Tokyo Disneyland.

This particular show building in WDW's Tomorrowland has never had a super elaborate dark ride, but at least before Buzz you could get a good air conditioned break without having to wait in a long line.

Animaniac93-98

Not to skew too off-topic from the thread, but I rode this ride and thought it was decent, but failed to understand why so many people praise it.

Can someone educate me?

Big sets, actual animatronics and lots of them, decent run time, unique to that park etc.

More leg room in the ride vehicles would have been nice as it’s a tight squeeze if you’re taller than average.

RSoxNo1

I don't know why it is such a fan favorite. I guess it's because it is a ride everyone in the family can ride.
I'll preface this by saying that I don't believe this attraction belongs in Epcot at all.

Having said that, I think that the competition component of this attraction is empowering and that underlying component is why many of us liked classic EPCOT. Competition, interactive, whatever it may be there's a rush that people get from that feeling. Add in the fact that there's no height requirement and it makes sense.

SplashJacket

I don't understand why people dislike this ride.
  • High Capacity
  • Interactive
  • No height requirement
  • Large sets
  • AAs
  • Long Ride time
  • Photo Op
  • Beloved IP
  • Fits land (better than most things there)
  • Immersive

If you simply compare the attraction to every other buzz ride around the world, WDW's is the worst by an incredible amount. It is in desperate need of a very extensive refurb.

rle4lunch

If you simply compare the attraction to every other buzz ride around the world, WDW's is the worst by an incredible amount. It is in desperate need of a very extensive refurb.

exactly. i hate having a FP for my 5 year old for this when visiting WDW. it's such junk compared to other parks.

RSoxNo1

I agree, but for me I'd rather ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin than Peter Pan's Flight. In both cases, they could stand to see some tech upgrades (as well as general maintenance).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom