Bus collision near Contemporary?

Thrill Seeker

Wow, that is a bit disturbing that this happened so close to the Monorail crash... Maybe next a boat will sink on Pirates of the Caribbean...

EPCOTPluto

Wow, that is a bit disturbing that this happened so close to the Monorail crash... Maybe next a boat will sink on Pirates of the Caribbean...
Of course, it means waist deep in filthy, chlorinated water with empty bottles that someone would try to get as souvenirs...
Unless a souvenir considered would be a Tetanus shot...

jmvd20

Nothing major??? How can you say that. This incident is obviously proof that WDW management is trying to rule the world through sacrificing safety and quality whenever and wherever possible.

This makes no sense. It's like saying the US Government is at fault because someone ran a red light and hit someone.

How exactly does an individual driver rear-ending another vehicle by accident prove that WDW Management is sacrificing safety?

Even the recent monorail accident I believe has no relation to WDW management's stance on safety because these accidents were the results of individuals, not WDW Management.

I just don't see how you can connect the dots between these.

That is the point exactly... Yet it is lost on some here.

Sarcasm flows freely from the keyboard these days.

MKingdom25

Original Poster
How'd you manage the picture from such a high view point? Hoverboard?

According to the story, it was from the monorail. I am impressed they were able to get a clear shot though with it moving.

I read in MSNBC this AM that the first driver is being ticketed for careless driving. I do not know why since they were slowing to merge. I would have thought the second driver would have been ticketed.

Here is the article link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31949813

I was wondering the same thing. I thought by default the 2nd driver is always at fault. Maybe the 1st driver had their own lane so that didn't need to slow down??

GrannyJill2

Accidents happen all the time. Disney World isn't exempt because it's the most magical place on earth, or something like that. I love DisneyWorld, but I certainly don't expect to spend my vacation in a protective bubble. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.

EPCOTPluto

Accidents happen all the time. Disney World isn't exempt because it's the most magical place on earth, or something like that. I love DisneyWorld, but I certainly don't expect to spend my vacation in a protective bubble. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.
But it is unusual for such a number of accidents in a span of a few months.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
But it is unusual for such a number of accidents in a span of a few months.

Once you have one big accident it causes you to think about all the little ones. I'm sure that the Orlando media would have pounced on the bus story regardless, but I'm not sure that such a big deal would have been made of it if it weren't for the monorail crash. :shrug:

miles1

I was wondering the same thing. I thought by default the 2nd driver is always at fault. Maybe the 1st driver had their own lane so that didn't need to slow down??

"One bus rear-ended another bus that was slowing down to merge where World Drive narrows to one lane, FHP said. The driver of the first bus will be ticketed with careless driving."

I think its a case of a poorly-worded sentence. By driver of the "first bus", I think they mean the first bus referred to in the previous sentence, which would have been the second bus in line. (Now I hope I'm making sense!)

Big Cheese

I heard two people actually bumped into one another while in line for Soaring. :eek: One person is said to have suffered hurt feelings.

How come it's not on the news? :shrug:

elizs77

"One bus rear-ended another bus that was slowing down to merge where World Drive narrows to one lane, FHP said. The driver of the first bus will be ticketed with careless driving."

I think its a case of a poorly-worded sentence. By driver of the "first bus", I think they mean the first bus referred to in the previous sentence, which would have been the second bus in line. (Now I hope I'm making sense!)

I don't know how quickly FL gets out accident reports, but usually, the vehicles are numbered. Perhaps the "first bus" was a reference by the reporter to Bus #1 on an accident report/information from law enforcement? :shrug: Either way, poorly worded sentence that didn't make sense to me at first read, either.

I agree with a PP - this wouldn't be news if the monorail accident hadn't just recently happened.

LudwigVonDrake

My bus went past as they were getting the tow truck in place and the bus that did the rear ending didn't have much of a windshield left. Must have been 20+ emergency vehicles there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom