Bus collision near Contemporary?

LoriSue

I wonder how many of those passengers who were injured were forced to stand on the bus? When I was at WDW in May and the buses were standing room only, I wondered if it was perhaps the safest idea instead of having simply more seats.

On my weeklong trip, I stood twice (when there weren't any empty buses nearby and waiting would be very late at night) and was a little worried about the whatifs of an accident occurring.
That's what I was wondering. We never stand, we always wait for the next bus and sometimes the drivers get kinda nasty. Partially because after the long day in the park, I'd rather wait a few extra minutes to have a seat, but also my daughter's not exactly the most graceful swan in the pond and sometimes has problems while seated anyway. :lol:

sleepybear

Two completely unrelated accidents within two weeks, one causing a fatality, another causing injuries and both endangering guests. But under the umbrella of transportation, like it or not this is going to put a lot of pressure on Disney to explain what the heck is going on with their management of transportation operations and its operators. Hopefully everyone is okay. But nobody is going to be okay at Disney management. One time was a freak accident, but a second time so soon after? Even rational, non panicking people are going to start doubting Disney's transportation management.

Couldn't have said this better myself.

BwanaBob

technically, the buses have had multiple issues this year, including a fatal accident a few months ago....
Did they retire the bus?

At least paint it a different color? Cause I sure don't want to be reminded of all this doom and gloom when I'm riding the bus.

stuart

That's what I was wondering. We never stand, we always wait for the next bus and sometimes the drivers get kinda nasty. Partially because after the long day in the park, I'd rather wait a few extra minutes to have a seat, but also my daughter's not exactly the most graceful swan in the pond and sometimes has problems while seated anyway. :lol:

There is no problem in standing on the buses. Its something that is done around the world daily on buses and trains. We had someone this month when we were there who bleated on fairly loudly about it surely being against the law. It isnt and prompted the driver to make a spiel about DOT regulations. In fact there are service buses that pass my house after the schools finish which are packed full of kids standing, and much fuller than you'll see Disney buses when guests are asked to stand.

To the person who mentioned double deckers these can't be used as far as im aware due to the low height of overpass roads on property.

For the person who mentioned about non-disney buses being used and how they aren't hiring as many drivers as they should. The reason for this is that these coaches are used high-peak times when there are a lot more guests on property than normal. There is no sense in hiring drivers for Disney Transport, and the leasing / purchasing of extra buses that will be redundant except for when the parks and resorts are busier. It makes much more sense to charter coaches to support the Disney Transport buses at these peak times.

And no matter how much money is invested, or how good the management could be compared to what people think it is at the moment and how safety is being compromised you are not going to prevent accidents happening on the road.

And to the person who went the long way round on the 4th to EPCOT - lucky you. When we left to return back to Riverside I was expecting to go up World Drive and along past Fort Wilderness back to the resort as usual on the 4th as the roads are quieter, but nope, our driver went the normal way and took us half an hour to get back, and then he drove past 3 entrances to the hotel! :brick: lol

nolatron

This incident is obviously proof that WDW management is trying to rule the world through sacrificing safety and quality whenever and wherever possible.

This makes no sense. It's like saying the US Government is at fault because someone ran a red light and hit someone.

How exactly does an individual driver rear-ending another vehicle by accident prove that WDW Management is sacrificing safety?

Even the recent monorail accident I believe has no relation to WDW management's stance on safety because these accidents were the results of individuals, not WDW Management.

I just don't see how you can connect the dots between these.

disfan411

This is another terrible thing to hear about in the news. I do hope that everyone is ok.
I leave to go to disney tomorrow, I hope they don't run out of transportation vehicles by the time i get there.

hardcard

Have they cut transportation employees in favor of cheaper less experienced employees?

Don't tell anyone, but I saw the driver and one of the passengers on the bus that was hit....

Here's a picture:

speed-keanu-bullock.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom