Bus collision near Contemporary?

EPCOTPluto

:eek: Anything else? Hoped no one was seriously hurt...too bad those 'tweets' can only give so many characters...

What's with all the accidents recently? :shrug:

EPCOTPluto

Disney Bus Collision Injures 8 To 14 People

It wasn't late at night and there were 20 people on board...stress, perhaps?

MKingdom25

Original Poster
:eek: Anything else? Hoped no one was seriously hurt...too bad those 'tweets' can only give so many characters...

What's with all the accidents recently? :shrug:

Good point. I am wondering after this, and the tragic monorail accident, if Disney will have to issue a huge report on their transportation safety. That or put out lots of PR along those lines to ease public worries.

Or do you think most people still feel safe on Disney Transportation? I still would ride bus or monorail without a moment of hesitation.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think that the transportation issue at WDW has hit a national crisis level. We need a Czar appointed and congressional hearings asap. Maybe even a bailout or something. :rolleyes:

jakeman

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/7/16/buses_collide_at_disney_injuries_reported.html

LAKE BUENA VISTA -- Two Disney buses have crashed at Walt Disney World, injuring several people.

The Florida Highway Patrol said the accident occured around 2:40 p.m. Thursday.

Two buses were traveling on World Drive when the lanes merged.

The bus in front slowed down to merge and was rear-ended by the other bus.

The driver of the second bus faces charges.

A total of 50 people were on the buses. Twelve people were taken to four different hospitals -- Celebration, Dr. Phillips, Health Central and a hospital in Kissimmee -- with minor injuries.

Desperad07

Two completely unrelated accidents within two weeks, one causing a fatality, another causing injuries and both endangering guests. But under the umbrella of transportation, like it or not this is going to put a lot of pressure on Disney to explain what the heck is going on with their management of transportation operations and its operators. Hopefully everyone is okay. But nobody is going to be okay at Disney management. One time was a freak accident, but a second time so soon after? Even rational, non panicking people are going to start doubting Disney's transportation management.

TinkerBelle8878

I wonder how many of those passengers who were injured were forced to stand on the bus? When I was at WDW in May and the buses were standing room only, I wondered if it was perhaps the safest idea instead of having simply more seats.

On my weeklong trip, I stood twice (when there weren't any empty buses nearby and waiting would be very late at night) and was a little worried about the whatifs of an accident occurring.

BwanaBob

Better tell shops that they'll need more paint than they originally thought.

I don't want to know I'm on the bus that rear-ended another bus.

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom