"Budget Cuts" - Now Showing at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disone

Smart decisions for whom-Disney maybe but it is rather oblivious to the the wishes of the patrons. I realize Disney is a great place but they are making a lot of decisions that show no consideration to the patrons. Bad corporate decisions in other areas and put the burden on the loyal Disney supporters.
Have you seen the crowds (or complete lack of) that enjoy One Man's Dream after 8pm? What patrons are we affecting here? If you knew you were only hosting X amount of guests where X was an extremely low number, and if this was your business, would you do the same thing? I might. One Man's Dream and Launch Bay are pretty sparse after 7pm, and by pretty Sparse, I mean it very literally no exaggeration.

raymusiccity

Have you seen the crowds (or complete lack of) that enjoy One Man's Dream after 8pm? What patrons are we affecting here? If you knew you were only hosting X amount of guests where X was an extremely low number, and if this was your business, would you do the same thing? I might. One Man's Dream and Launch Bay are pretty sparse after 7pm, and by pretty Sparse, I mean it very literally no exaggeration.

Sparse or not, Disney is charging full price for a park that's a shadow of its former self. I'd feel cheated even further if I couldn't stop by one of the few attractions left on the way out. You know for sure that they will keep all of the gift shops open!

Movielover

Sparse or not, Disney is charging full price for a park that's a shadow of its former self. I'd feel cheated even further if I couldn't stop by one of the few attractions left on the way out. You know for sure that they will keep all of the gift shops open!

Am I the only one who is getting really tired of hearing this argument? Yes DHS now is half the park of what it was a year ago, but in less than a year that will change, and then the year after that the largest expansion in Disney parks history will open, So what do you think will happen if Disney lowers the price of the park now?

A. More people will flock to the park because of the lower price, increasing wait times to the already busy park thus adding "girl scout water" to your ever proliferating fire of hatred towards Disney.
B. When the under construction areas reopen they would then raise the price back up to compensate for the open areas, thus causing "mass public outrage" over jacking the price up on the park with the "cool new ridez!" We of course would know that it was because Disney was simply putting the price back to normal but for the ignorant GP it would seem like even more of a "cash grab" than what some on here whine about every day.
C. Guardians of the Galaxy is replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure and Mickey's Runaway Railway is replacing The Great Movie Ride. This is unrelated to everything else in this post but some people still lack the connection to reality that this is happening. Of course I am sad of the loss of GMR but my emotions will not stop change from occurring.
D. Rock N' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror are 2 of the highest rated and most popular attractions in the resort (three if you count Star Tours), of course they are going to keep charging the same price while people still flock to these attractions!

I apologize for this rant but I am still amazed at the lack of common sense represented by some people of business practices that the company makes.
Disney is here to make money, they will continue to innovate and evolve to make money. This was true when Walt was in charge, it is true today, and will continue to be true in the foreseeable future.

Movielover out!

Last edited:

Incomudro

Am I the only one who is getting really tired of hearing this argument? Yes DHS now is half the park of what it was a year ago, but in less than a year that will change, and then the year after that the largest expansion in Disney parks history will open, So what do you think will happen if Disney lowers the price of the park now?

A. More people will flock to the park because of the lower price, increasing wait times to the already busy park thus adding "girl scout water" to your ever proliferating fire of hatred towards Disney.
B. When the under construction areas reopen they would then raise the price back up to compensate for the open areas, thus causing "mass public outrage" over jacking the price up on the park with the "cool new ridez!" We of course would know that it was because Disney was simply putting the price back to normal but for the ignorant GP it would seem like even more of a "cash grab" than what some on here whine about every day.
C. Guardians of the Galaxy is replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure and Mickey's Runaway Railway is replacing The Great Movie Ride. This is unrelated to everything else in this post but some people still lack the connection to reality that this is happening. Of course I am sad of the loss of GMR but my emotions will not stop change from occurring.
D. Rock N' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror are 2 of the highest rated and most popular attractions in the resort (three if you count Star Tours), of course they are going to keep charging the same price while people still flock to these attractions!

I apologize for this rant but I am still amazed at the lack of common sense represented by some people of business practices that the company makes.
Disney is here to make money, they will continue to innovate and evolve to make money. This was true when Walt was in charge, it is true today, and will continue to be true in the foreseeable future.

Movielover out!
No, you're not the only one who's tired of hearing it.
Updates are going on on all the parks, entire new lands the likes of which have never been done have been built or are under construction, it's an amazing time.

Last edited:

Disone

Yup. People are in the gift shops. They're not in one man's dream. Staggered openings and closings are not a new thing. They are not. They've been around for decades. This is not new and and I just don't understand why it's controversial now. It's a long-standing practice not just in Disney Parks but in the theme park industry as a whole. I don't really think anybody is leaving the Hollywood Studios really wishing that they have been able to enjoy these attractions at 8:45 p.m.

I completely disagree with the Walt Disney World railroad closing as early as it does. People would still enjoy the attraction if it was open. But something like this, have you been there, I have after 8 p.m. and there have been times where I am literally the only person there. I love it when that happens but I totally get it. Why is it even open? No one is enjoying it? The three cast memberd that are here are in misery because there's absolutely no one around.

Rumrunner

One Man's Dream has never been one of the most popular activities at HWS but it extremely important to the history of the Disney empire. To keep it open a few hours is not going to bankrupt Disney. If this were my business I would treat the patrons with more respect and bend over backward to give them value. Being cheap is not value oriented. Disney seems to be moving further away from the Walt Disney reason for building the theme parks. There is a trend developing at Disney that is very unfriendly to the patrons. They ignore it at their peril.

Kman101

Except for OMD, the reduction in hours of the Star Wars and Marvel crap is a good thing in my eyes. Less of that mess is better

Yeah I see no reason OMD can't be open to park close but the other stuff isn't that big of a deal. Sure they CAN afford to keep it all open but why would they when they aren't packing in crowds? Sometimes this kind of saving on labor is OK.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Movielover out!
The reality is the majority of guests visiting DHS are not paying $100+ because they are on multi-day tickets. Attendance would be way, way down without multi-day tickets. It's borderline criminal to charge someone $100 for a park with all that construction and only 4 rides left (even if they are exceptional rides). That being said, there is no way Disney was going to lower the price for just that park and they probably shouldn't. If people are willing to pay the price then that's on them. Disney just covered up the lack of permanent attractions with some more temporary things until the construction finishes up to give people something to do in the park. For me if I'm getting a 6 day ticket for the other 3 parks anyway it's worth it to pay an extra $10 to go with a 7 day ticket and spend that extra day at DHS. ToT alone is worth $10:). I personally would never pay full price for a 1 day DHS ticket in its current state.

I think you are right that charging less would probably result in more guests visiting and there's already a lack of capacity so that would be a bad thing. Disney knew going in that when they planned this overhaul they would have a few lean years leading into a huge boost in attendance. They are not too upset with this dip. Of course they could have built Mickey somewhere else and at least kept GMR open until SWL arrives but at least we didn't get Guardians of the Tower of Terror in FL. You think people are complaining now, imagine if they were down to 3 rides with the most popular one being gutted.

cheezbat

Disney needs to just cut the parks hours from 10-6 everyday. That'll save them tons...no Fantasmic, no projection show, far less cast members used...besides, the park is basically a joke right now. Who needs more than 8 hours to do everything here? (Heck, who needs more than 4 or 5?)

DisneyFan 2000

With so many small features being chipped away at in addition to the ride closures and construction, do you think it is possible that they will at least extend the Pixar concert? Seems logical they would, with the show being a home run and all...

Rumrunner

We live 1200 miles from Disney and get to go once every year or every other year. It is a most special place for my entire family. We are beginning to evaluate if the trip to Disney is worth the expense-with early closings at MK-lack of extended hours at MK-elimination of night parade, which my grand kids loved, closing early of other activities, and etc. Maybe for patrons that live close and can go often none of this is a big deal. It is becoming a big deal to us as we evaluate the value of what Disney offers at this time. We are probably not alone in our changing attitude.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Movielover out!

It's not an argument. We should be able to visit all of the 'attractions' on the guidemaps before the park closes at the ungodly hour of 8:30pm. (Visiting in October). :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom