BTMRR Next Gen Effects Being Installed

JungleTrekFan

[quote="spacemt354, post: 5337584, member: 83356”]The only thing that makes it tolerable to an extent is that the interactive part of the queue has been optional whenever we have gone. We tend to ride late in the evening, and anytime we have gone we have been given an option of entering the interactive area, or heading straight for the main door.

Honestly can't speak of peak hours during the day though. I'm not sure if it's still optional then.[/quote]
It optional until Fastpass+ goes live.

But i think these Next Gen queues are definitely adding to the rides, with BTMRR its adding significantly to the backstory of the ride and i think with these effects will definitely make waiting in line a much more enjoyable experience then the old cramped themeless switchbacks.

Californian Elitist

I forgot to add that, the path from Grizzly Peak to Paradise Pier is meant to represent San Francisco, and ending at the rotunda. The lagoon being the Pacific ocean. The real rotunda is only blocks from the waterfront in SF. So LM fits the theme in DCA perfectly.

Yep, this. To me, it doesn't matter if they're cartoons, these characters should be represented in the parks as they're represented in their respective films. If all rides that were based on cartoons were in Fantasyland, it would a thematic mess. Tiana doesn't belong in Fantasyland and neither does Ariel, in my opinion.

doctornick

Yep, this. To me, it doesn't matter if they're cartoons, these characters should be represented in the parks as they're represented in their respective films. If all rides that were based on cartoons were in Fantasyland, it would a thematic mess. Tiana doesn't belong in Fantasyland and neither does Ariel, in my opinion.

Why doesn't Ariel belong in Fantasyland? The setting of her story is still medieval Europe, just in a seaside location. There's still a castle and a prince and wooden ships. It seems to be a little later time frame than, say, Cinderella due to fireworks/gunpowder but the same could be said about BatB.

LM is a far worse fit in DCA since Paradise Pier is a turn of the century American boardwalk and Little Mermaid definitely does not take place in a setting resembling that.

Certainly agree that Tiana does not belong in Fantasyland.

Californian Elitist

Why doesn't Ariel belong in Fantasyland? The setting of her story is still medieval Europe, just in a seaside location. There's still a castle and a prince and wooden ships. It seems to be a little later time frame than, say, Cinderella due to fireworks/gunpowder but the same could be said about BatB.

LM is a far worse fit in DCA since Paradise Pier is a turn of the century American boardwalk and Little Mermaid definitely does not take place in a setting resembling that.

Certainly agree that Tiana does not belong in Fantasyland.

Mermaid definitely doesn't look Medieval to me. I'm honestly confused with MK's Fantasyland as a whole. I don't know what its theme is, since you've got Pooh there and Mermaid, which fits better in Paradise Pier, in my opinion (see @Longhairbear comments on the previous page). Then you've got the tent thing going on and the circus with clowns... I'm just lost as to what the overall, general theme is. Could you explain it to me?

RSoxNo1

Mermaid definitely doesn't look Medieval to me. I'm honestly confused with MK's Fantasyland as a whole. I don't know what its theme is, since you've got Pooh there and Mermaid, which fits better in Paradise Pier, in my opinion (see @Longhairbear comments on the previous page). Then you've got the tent thing going on and the circus with clowns... I'm just lost as to what the overall, general theme is. Could you explain it to me?
There are three distinct areas of Fantasyland right now: Castle Courtyard, Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus. The only confusing part for me is the Tangled Restrooms which clearly look like they belong in the Enchanted Forest section but are really in the Castle Courtyard section.

Californian Elitist

There are three distinct areas of Fantasyland right now: Castle Courtyard, Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus. The only confusing part for me is the Tangled Restrooms which clearly look like they belong in the Enchanted Forest section but are really in the Castle Courtyard section.

Okay, so there isn't ONE, general theme? I think I understand now. I'm guessing Pan is in Castle Courtyard and Pooh is in Enchanted Forest? Is that right? Castle Courtyard sounds like it would fit Tangled... Why do you think it belongs in Enchanted Forest?

Thank you for answering my questions!

RSoxNo1

Okay, so there isn't ONE, general theme? I think I understand now. I'm guessing Pan is in Castle Courtyard and Pooh is in Enchanted Forest? Is that right? Castle Courtyard sounds like it would fit Tangled... Why do you think it belongs in Enchanted Forest?

Thank you for answering my questions!
Pan is in Castle Courtyard and Pooh is in Enchanted Forest. I suspect that the roof for Mad Tea Party will change for a thematic tie into the forest as well.

As for the Tangled Restrooms, simply put the theming looks too good to be in the Castle Courtyard, in my opinion.

Californian Elitist

Pan is in Castle Courtyard and Pooh is in Enchanted Forest. I suspect that the roof for Mad Tea Party will change for a thematic tie into the forest as well.

As for the Tangled Restrooms, simply put the theming looks too good to be in the Castle Courtyard, in my opinion.

Okay. It all makes sense, now. Thank you.

rle4lunch

Okay. It all makes sense, now. Thank you.

Hey Raven, do you know if the 9 month refurb BTMRR at DLR is doing the same upgrades as the ones going on at MK?

Sorry if this has been covered in this post already, I just jumped to the end because there are 4 pages of non BTMRR being talked about, lol.

Californian Elitist

Hey Raven, do you know if the 9 month refurb BTMRR at DLR is doing the same upgrades as the ones going on at MK?

Sorry if this has been covered in this post already, I just jumped to the end because there are 4 pages of non BTMRR being talked about, lol.

I think DL's refurb is slightly different. The loading stations are being widened, new trains, a new track and Rainbow Ridge is getting a refurb. MK's got new trains and a track replacement, too, right?

rle4lunch

I think DL's refurb is slightly different. The loading stations are being widened, new trains, a new track and Rainbow Ridge is getting a refurb. MK's got new trains and a track replacement, too, right?

Thanks for the update. I don't know the extent of the MK one though, but I do remember the track being replaced.

MerlinTheGoat

I don't think the entire track at MK's Big Thunder was replaced. It was worked on, and perhaps parts of it were replaced, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't replaced completely. I think Martin said the track wasn't replaced as well.

Longhairbear

Yes. But doesn't that mean that the exterior, at least in the original incarnation, fits the theme? Whereas a cartoon mermaid does so slightly less?

Mermaid benefits from the lagoon and the nautical theme, but still feels akin to adding a Princess and the Frog ride in New Orleans Square. There would be many similarities - indeed, PatF was modelled on NOS to a great extent - but still, it is a cartoon universe intruding on a hyperreal 'human beings' world, an afterthought. Not a natural thematic addition that reinforces the theme of the land and in turn benefits itself from the larger theme.
Just wow, chill out, you've just joined my Yesterland. Otherwise known as the ignore button.

Genie of the Lamp

Posted this in the Spirited thread: Back to Tony Baxter, I'm suprised that they didn't show that Barnabus T. Bullion portrait when they filmed that behind the scenes vid with the Imagineers. That and the mountain portrait were one of the first few items shown that were going to be present in the queue and in the video they talked about pretty much everything except that portrait that is referenced to Mr.Baxter. Again I'm sure it's just an oversimplification, but I don't know why they didn't show that portrait in that vid be it that it's his attraction. Maybe they haven't put it up yet Idk. @Figments Friend, got a take on this. Plus maybe they wanted to focus on the majority other queue enhancements as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom