BTMRR Next Gen Effects Being Installed

Tom

Beta Return
That's the one element that I am going to take issue with. The Birds are too cartoony for the photo-realistic BTM experience but it's not something I am going to lose sleep over. I would hope that the reason the new BTM Queue is so reasonably well done is because of the backlash against the Haunted Mansion PLQ.

I'm not sure if anyone actually takes exception to the quality of the HM queue enhancements, but more so the fact that the changes were silly and downplayed the intentional foreboding aura that the original attraction gave.

I personally think they did a nice job with the actual fabrication and installation of the elements at both attractions. Whether they were necessary, or welcomed, is another opinion entirely.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
It's a paddlewheel steamboat. The greatest boat Disney ever build. You'll find almost all lovers of steamships and steamtrains are male.
The name is a continuing protest against the vandalisation of the ship, the pinnacle of classic WDW elegance and historical sophistication.

Sadly, so many years having passed since the destruction of the ship, by now my name only makes sense to those over 30, or people acutely aware of WDW-history. :(

I guess that girl who named herself Mr. Toad regretted her name for the same reason - not everybody associates it with the ride, and mistook her for a he, or an amphibian.

com03577.jpg

Gorgeous picture, did you take this?

HMF

I'm not sure if anyone actually takes exception to the quality of the HM queue enhancements, but more so the fact that the changes were silly and downplayed the intentional foreboding aura that the original attraction gave.
Thats more what I meant to say. The Haunted Mansion Queue did not fit the internal Show Logic for that attraction. I feel that BTM's queue seems (mostly) more organic and in fitting with the theming of the attraction and if the interactive queue thing must continue it should look at BTM as an example of how to do it and not Mansion

PeterAlt

When is Splash expected to reopen by the way?

By the way, some websites enforce strict rules of staying on topic. It's good that this one doesn't. Great for people with ADD!

If I was to start a new topic every time I had a thought that was slightly off topic, there would be way too many threads here, with just a few messages in each!

By the way, how's my new avatar? I was holding back on it for about a month because it looks too feminist, with the pascal colors, but the humor and meaning behind it, I think, outweighs the feminist looks of it... What do you think?

Genie of the Lamp

When is Splash expected to reopen by the way?

By the way, some websites enforce strict rules of staying on topic. It's good that this one doesn't. Great for people with ADD!

If I was to start a new topic every time I had a thought that was slightly off topic, there would be way too many threads here, with just a few messages in each!

By the way, how's my new avatar? I was holding back on it for about a month because it looks too feminist, with the pascal colors, but the humor and meaning behind it, I think, outweighs the feminist looks of it... What do you think?

Splash is expected to be done with refurbishment on March 19th and open to the public on March 20th. I love your avatar by the way.:)

The Empress Lilly

View attachment 28672 Here is a picture I took of the Empress Lilly years ago, while under construction. This picture has made it's way to a few different sites, but rest assured, it is mine.View attachment 28672
OMG! That is such a famous picture! Complete with those mysterious Bob-a-round boats. I can't believe you are the one who took it! I've got it on my harddrive, in my collection of Empress Lilly pics.

I didn't take my picture, although I must've walked there quite a bit. All my own personal pics I've got are of the interior, of me and my family having dinner, posing for a portrait. It's what we did before digital cameras - you'd go out for dinner and take one single pic all evening. Well two, another spare one just in case.

PeterAlt

Splash is expected to be done with refurbishment on March 19th and open to the public on March 20th. I love your avatar by the way.:)
Will that project give us something we can measure George K.'s performance as new WDW president so far? Or were the details of that project pretty much decided on before George K.'s current tenure?

I'm looking for something we can grade his work as Pres so far. Will Disney Springs be that project, or was that pretty much completed (planning wise) before he started?

MerlinTheGoat

As i've said in the past, Splash Mountain's refurb (and in part, George K's new reign) has two parts that it has to clear to be a success. Splash first obviously has to reopen in proper condition, looking like new as if the attraction were opening for the first time. Essentially what any proper refurb should do and to the standards Disney once set for themselves. The second thing will be whether the attraction maintains this condition afterwards, such as after 6 months and beyond. Even IF (huge if there) Splash reopens looking fantastic, it'll be a pointless victory if show elements start breaking and getting switched off again soon after reopening.

After seeing these two parts of the refurb, then we'll have some indication of what George Kalogridis' reign will be like. Until I've seen the results of this refurb and had some time to monitor maintenance throughout the course of the year, i'm erring on the side of caution and not getting any hopes up.

It's probable that the refurb itself was handled outside of George's jurisdiction. But it's now under his jurisdiction to see to it that the ride doesn't deteriorate any after opening. So you can judge him by what the attraction looks like weeks or months from now.

raven

That's the one element that I am going to take issue with. The Birds are too cartoony for the photo-realistic BTM experience but it's not something I am going to lose sleep over. I would hope that the reason the new BTM Queue is so reasonably well done is because of the backlash against the Haunted Mansion PLQ.

They tried using a projection of a real bird in early tests but obviously couldn't get the bird to "act" the way they want it. I have a video of the test somewhere that I acquired about a year ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom