BTMRR Next Gen Effects Being Installed

Genie of the Lamp

Is that a TV ad? It may not be particularly funny, but this is the type of thing I'd like to see more of.

At least it's way better than what they did with the Jungle Cruise animals in that one commercial. I think it was called "living in the wild" or something idk. But yeah a decent Disney Parks commercial for once.

Genie of the Lamp

Just saw on Touring Plans twitter page that Len reported 4 hrs ago that the Barnabus T. Bullion poster has been taken down/removed due to defacing. Such a shame.

MerlinTheGoat

That ad made me wonder something actually, not even related to the ad itself. At about 5 seconds into the video and also about 0:39 in, you get a good look at the entire town show scene. I haven't been on BTM since before its big recent refurb, but I don't recall any of the figures in that scene actually even moving much or at all at the time I last rode it. But in the clips, they've got a fair range of motion (the man dumping water AND the animals around the scene). Are they actually supposed to move that much, and are they moving that much now? I seem to recall a lot of these elements being stationary last time I rode it, were they turned off previously and switched back on during the refurb?

I guess @marni1971 would be someone good to pose this query to, you seem to know a lot about Big Thunder.

Donald96

That ad made me wonder something actually, not even related to the ad itself. At about 5 seconds into the video and also about 0:39 in, you get a good look at the entire town show scene. I haven't been on BTM since before its big recent refurb, but I don't recall any of the figures in that scene actually even moving much or at all at the time I last rode it. But in the clips, they've got a fair range of motion (the man dumping water AND the animals around the scene). Are they actually supposed to move that much, and are they moving that much now? I seem to recall a lot of these elements being stationary last time I rode it, were they turned off previously and switched back on during the refurb?

I guess @marni1971 would be someone good to pose this query to, you seem to know a lot about Big Thunder.
The bucket guy was working March 9 but I don't know about the rest

DizFiz

People these days...absolutely sickening but what was Disney thinking when putting a Portrait out on Display where millions pass by it... knowing the distasteful people out there.

By the way I'm totally in love with the BTM Goat.

FigmentJedi

People these days...absolutely sickening but what was Disney thinking when putting a Portrait out on Display where millions pass by it... knowing the distasteful people out there.

By the way I'm totally in love with the BTM Goat.
Wouldn't it be great if through a combination of security cams and the tracker collars... I mean Magic Bands, they were able to catch people doing crap like that?

Genie of the Lamp

Yes, it has.

I contacted someone with the power to do something and something got done. I am hoping that when it returns they'll place it where guests can't get at it.

Amazing how just contacting someone with authority there gets the job done. I wholeheartedly agree with you in that the most effective way to get these folks to notice any problems/issues is to talk over the phone (I know shocking right) with them and they will understand your concern and fulfill it. Yes, they absolutely need to place it out of the guests reach. Just hope I can still find and see it though for myself.:)

FigmentJedi

Goat campaign site is up here: http://www.freethedisneygoat.com/

As for the portrait vandalism, according to one of Jim Hill's sources, this is what happened when a castmember caught someone in the act.

... what we saw as a fun inside joke, a nice tribute to Tony, the Guest saw this painting as a tribute to the mean old man who ruled over Big Thunder Mountain with an iron fist. This filthy rich guy who forced the people he employed at this mine to work under extremely dangerous conditions like earthquakes & cave-ins.So by defacing this painting, this Guest was just doing what the miners would be doing if they could get away with it. Getting back at their boss, sticking it to the man by defacing his formal portrait.

AndyS2992

blogger-image-1356164181.jpg

Photo of the vandalism for people. Shame that graffiti is becoming a norm in Disney parks :(

emcclay

blogger-image-1356164181.jpg

Photo of the vandalism for people. Shame that graffiti is becoming a norm in Disney parks :(

This is terrible. Probably the reason why they won't put money into the parks. I could understand little kid scribbles. But, this is obviously too tall for a child to reach.

If you have a bad feeling while doing something you should not be doing, then you should not be doing that!

Tom Morrow

I'll stick with my mantra of 'never ascribe to evil Disney what can be explained by the stupidity of guests'.

Sad though. Can't have any nice things indeed. Didn't they get rid of Big Thunder's opossums because guests started to pull them off? (At some point in the nineties?)
The opossums were gone for a while but they are definitely back and spinning as of at least a week ago.
Is that a TV ad? It may not be particularly funny, but this is the type of thing I'd like to see more of.
Agreed. Go to the website, it's at least a little creative and kind of fun. It also showcases things people would actually draw people to WDW, instead of sugar-coated images of characters hugging kids and shots of Mad Tea Party.

Piebald

Its obviously a puppet although i have noticed all the AAs working since the refurb. Theyre very noticable when youre on the railroad train going to fantasyland.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Cool thanks ever so much for the links to the walkthrough and Tony's portrait.....WOO HOO can't wait to go back and see it in person....last I left it they had just put up the burlap scrim early January and while the refurb of other ride elements were noticed I wondered what was interactive about queue....NOW I see it completed....loving it!!!:D

TalkingHead

As for the portrait vandalism, according to one of Jim Hill's sources, this is what happened when a castmember caught someone in the act.

... what we saw as a fun inside joke, a nice tribute to Tony, the Guest saw this painting as a tribute to the mean old man who ruled over Big Thunder Mountain with an iron fist. This filthy rich guy who forced the people he employed at this mine to work under extremely dangerous conditions like earthquakes & cave-ins.So by defacing this painting, this Guest was just doing what the miners would be doing if they could get away with it. Getting back at their boss, sticking it to the man by defacing his formal portrait.

This is either 1) the greatest excuse ever for getting caught vandalizing something, or 2) proof positive that some fans are demented.

Seriously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom