Brother Bear Raft Ride coming to Canada at Epcot?

kellydisney

Jeez talk about commenting before reading a thread. How cool that we actually have someone on here that knows a little something about what's going down behind the scenes at Disney! Most of us are just fanatics that like to start rumours just to fantasize. Thanks Corrus. Though vague, it's great to hear when something is afoot!

KumbaRider

Has anyone considered this surprise to be somewhere in Future World? Thrawn, yes, I understand he alluded to World Showcase based on your questions, but also consider this.....

Some "surprising" things that could happen in FUTURE WORLD would be:

Something happening to Spaceship Earth. Yes, I know that seems unlikely, but it would be surprising.
Also, potentially something happening to Wonders of Life or Energy.

Yet at the same time, Corrus did allude to the comment in Russian. This thereby suggests they may finally get a pavilion. I can picture an open courtyard of Red Square, and perhaps some sort of ride or show. Either way, I think something exciting is in the works for October 1, 2007...

So, come 2007, Epcot may see:

Living Seas and return of Sea Cabs
Potential work done somewhere else in Future World; Spaceship Earth, Energy, or Wonders
A new country and or attraction; Russia, Spain, Australia?
Maybe even the removal of the wand...

castlecake2.0

I am thinking that whatever the 'surprise' is, it can not be something major as were almost at the end of 2005, which does not leave much time for something of a grand scale to be built... just a thought.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
castlecake2.0 said:
I am thinking that whatever the 'surprise' is, it can not be something major as were almost at the end of 2005, which does not leave much time for something of a grand scale to be built... just a thought.

Why not? Whatever it is doesn't necessarily have to open on any certain date. Just look at Everest. It is the "new magic" at AK for the HCOE, and it isn't opening until 2/3rds of the way through the celebration.

castlecake2.0

I made that comment thinking that whatever it was would be open for the start of the celebration. If the celebration was focusing on Epcot's 30th, then i would hope the new addition would be open for the start of the celebration, if it focuses on the resort as a whole being open for 30 years then I could see that the surprise wouldn have to be open from the start.

As for everest, i dont believe that was planned ffrom the begining as to be part of the HCOE, because if i recall construction on that started way before HCOE plans were finalised. I think it was just convinient for them to throw that into the marketing campaign as an addition for this particular celebration.

just my opinion:)

dandaman

imagineer boy said:
I would like it if they built a raft ride to hide the soarin building, but definately not theme it to Brother Bear. That movie was no where near popular enough to have its own ride.

Ain't nothing can hide that thing... :lol:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
castlecake2.0 said:
I made that comment thinking that whatever it was would be open for the start of the celebration. If the celebration was focusing on Epcot's 30th, then i would hope the new addition would be open for the start of the celebration, if it focuses on the resort as a whole being open for 30 years then I could see that the surprise wouldn have to be open from the start.

As for everest, i dont believe that was planned ffrom the begining as to be part of the HCOE, because if i recall construction on that started way before HCOE plans were finalised. I think it was just convinient for them to throw that into the marketing campaign as an addition for this particular celebration.

just my opinion:)

Each park got something new for the HCOE. If Everest isn't what AK got, then what is?

MK - SGE
Epcot - Soarin
MGM - LMA
AK - EE

Also, Space Mountain at DLR wasn't re-opened before the start of the HHOE, and that definetly was a part of the HHOE.

WDWFREAK53

Thrawn said:
Each park got something new for the HCOE. If Everest isn't what AK got, then what is?

MK - SGE
Epcot - Soarin
MGM - LMA
AK - EE

Also, Space Mountain at DLR wasn't re-opened before the start of the HHOE, and that definetly was a part of the HHOE.

Whuh??? I thought that MK got Cinderellabration! for the celebration...and didn't Animal Kingdom get Lucky? (albeit for a short run).

I could've sworn that Stitch came before the celebration...

CaptainMichael

WDWFREAK53 said:
Whuh??? I thought that MK got Cinderellabration! for the celebration...and didn't Animal Kingdom get Lucky? (albeit for a short run).

Stitch did come out beforehand, but they still use it as MK's unofficial "gift". It's on the guidemap cover of MK. Cinderellabration was another one of MK's gifts.

Animal Kingdom got Lucky for this half and Expedition Everest for the second.

WDWizard626

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
If Everest isn't what AK got, then what is?

Lucky the Dinosaur:lol:

Thrawn said:
The Brother Bear ride isn't happening ... so theres no point to staying on topic.

How do you know it is not going to happen?:lookaroun

objr said:
Exactly...and so we started talking about other things that could happen...and then Corrus posted and then people commented, some doubting him, and well...who started the "who is corrus" conversation again? ;)

I did...:animwink:

Captain Hank said:
Going off topic? Nah, we never go off topic on WDWMagic! :animwink:
Yes you do! Every day from what I have seen..:D

Thrawn

Account Suspended
WDWFREAK53 said:

Lucky wasn't really part of the celebration. Just as a stopover before he went to HKDL.

imagineer boy

wdwishes2005 said:
call me ignorant, but what the heck does a dinosaur have to do with MK? that just sort of bugs me.

Absolutly nothing. They just brought him there to show him off. I think that they should have atleast repainted him and called him an alien or something and have him walk through tomorrowland instead of walking around Adventureland as some random dinosaur.

Captain Hank

Thrawn said:
Lucky wasn't really part of the celebration. Just as a stopover before he went to HKDL.
But, Lucky did briefly appear on the HCOE banners in AK, which leads me to believe that he was a sort of "placeholder" gift, and a part of the Celebration. Didn't the publicity also imply that he was a part of the HCOE?

Tim G

Lucky is very much like a traveling icon for WDI... goes where he's needed...

His real home base is at R&D in Glendale, Ca.

speck76

Thrawn said:

MK - SGE
Epcot - Soarin
MGM - LMA
AK - EE

HCOE is 2 years.....it would be bad business to open everything in year one, and let the marketing campaign die in year 2......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom