Bring Items to Throw Away

lighteningqueen

Now I see why the maid threw all my new clothes away. I had been there 4 of my 9 days last Dec and every night would take my clothes and fold them up in a square every day and place them in the cormer of the bathroom. REASON so that it would be easier to go to the laundry with them.Our first 4 full days the maid we had never touched them. The 5th day maid change and she threw out all my new clothes all were new... 4 shirts 54 pair shorts 1 pair of jeans it got cold one half a day.underware and a new pair of PJ's. I thought where did I out that stuff tore up the room drawers etc. Finally, I called housekeeping the next morning it was midnight when we got in the night before. She checked into it and said the maid that was in there in that day was a fill in while our reg was off that day. She SAYS she threw them away, but bets on she took them home. I also had $60.00 in one of the pockets I forgot to take out the morning we left. I was livid. The old maid the next day backed me up and described my clothes to a T. The only gave me 250.00 and I was down to 3 outfits for 5 more days. Plus 2 days travel time. I still cannot get over this. It did not look like I threw them out and the first maid agreed with me. They told me that I would be suprised at the things that are throw away. Now I see. I bet all these things go home and not in the trash.

tiaragirl

We usually take half-bottles of shampoo (when you have three females 15+ you need more than travel sized shampoo!) and granola bars/cereal. Makes room for when we head home, but most of the time we pack clothes as small as they can go.. and shove a soft duffle bag in the bottom of another one. We rarely pack in suitcases anymore, because they weigh so much and it limits what you can take home.

Also, if someone is golfing, you can shove a LOT in a golf bag. Just sayin'.

dznygirl64

Now I see why the maid threw all my new clothes away. I had been there 4 of my 9 days last Dec and every night would take my clothes and fold them up in a square every day and place them in the cormer of the bathroom. REASON so that it would be easier to go to the laundry with them.Our first 4 full days the maid we had never touched them. The 5th day maid change and she threw out all my new clothes all were new... 4 shirts 54 pair shorts 1 pair of jeans it got cold one half a day.underware and a new pair of PJ's. I thought where did I out that stuff tore up the room drawers etc. Finally, I called housekeeping the next morning it was midnight when we got in the night before. She checked into it and said the maid that was in there in that day was a fill in while our reg was off that day. She SAYS she threw them away, but bets on she took them home. I also had $60.00 in one of the pockets I forgot to take out the morning we left. I was livid. The old maid the next day backed me up and described my clothes to a T. The only gave me 250.00 and I was down to 3 outfits for 5 more days. Plus 2 days travel time. I still cannot get over this. It did not look like I threw them out and the first maid agreed with me. They told me that I would be suprised at the things that are throw away. Now I see. I bet all these things go home and not in the trash.
:hammer: Why in the world would you put your dirty clothed on the floor in the bathroom?Why have this in the maids way or in your way?Here is how we do it unpack clothes and put in dresser.As clothes get dirty fold and put in suit case then its out of everyones way.

we pack food and things to eat, crystal light and propel inserts, in my less green days bottles of water. Now I bring my Nalgene packed with bandaids and other first aid needs.

I never thought of ch__________g clothes but then I generally wear my disney stuff till it's thread bare.

why can't i say "chucking?"

marcriss

Absolutely. I bring old shirts and travel size toiletries and just throw them out to make room for the the new shirts or other items to bring home. :ROFLOL:We will be bringing our latest batch of old crap to throw out on Sept. 17th. :sohappy:

I don't know why but I've been laughing over this line for 5 minutes now...:ROFLOL:

hey lighteningqueen, i know it's not even half as bad as what you've gotten throw away ,but i ALWAYS bring a pillow from home when I travel. So when heading to disney i brought a square fleece leopard print pillow (part of a pair) . I sleep with that pillow every night and thought it would help me sleep in disney, so i packed it... halfway through the trip i realized that it was missing... i checked and called lost and found EVERY day and it never came back, they gave me some lame excuse that the laundry gets scooped up and taken to a warehouse and would not return for a few days. i filled out a lost and found card and all and never saw it again... it's not a big deal, but one would think that your items should be relatively safe in your hotel room... especially a big pile of clothes? :shrug:

sleepy01020

Absolutely. I bring old shirts and travel size toiletries and just throw them out to make room for the the new shirts or other items to bring home. :ROFLOL:We will be bringing our latest batch of old crap to throw out on Sept. 17th. :sohappy:

I think you just saved me from my DH tee shirt collection! Now to just convince him to toss before we leave:)

glee

I go even further than that. I save all our old underwear 14 days worth and just throw it away as we use it. Saves room in our cases for things we buy.
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Thats gross. :hurl::lol:

Recycle!!

I hord everything :lol::rolleyes:...Not old underwear though. :lol::D

Tears0Fire3000

Ha! I do the same thing, I save underwear and socks that are nearing the toss out state and use them for vaction, I also bring a older towel, pj's and hangers with me. I toss them and most of my grooming items at the end of the trip to make as much room for new stuff. I've also found that packing my heaviest items in my carry-on(as long as their allowed, ei: jeans, pins, extra sneakers)for the trip home makes it easier to pack.

graphite1326

No WDWMomof3, we do the same thing...and in a lot of cases end up leaving it/forgeting it anyway. We're actually buying a cheap TOASTER to take with us for the upcoming trip to do breakfast in the room before we head out (bagels and toaster strudle, etc.).

QUOTE]

We buy a cheap toaster at Wal-mart (about $6.00, at least they used to be). Then if we don't have room we leave it. You spend more than $6.00 on a couple of snacks.

OurDailyGruel

What's the cutoff value of what you are willing to discard at the end of the trip?

Even before considering DVC, I was always going to do my own laundering and housekeeping by keeping the Do Not Disturb sign permanently on the door because of the exposes on hotel housekeeping on 20/20 and other news magazines. I can wipe down a bathroom better and faster and have peace of mind.

I want to bring a $30 rice cooker, a $25 water purifier/refrigerator dispenser and a $40 water kettle (the plastic Proctor Silex ones are really bad in my experience of owning two of them).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom