Brer Fox is back!

disneyphilip

Original Poster
GenieGirl said:
New Genie should be out sometime soon. He was in Spectro not too long ago, but they are now back to the old one.

The new Jiminy Cricket costume is the same as Disneyland and has been making appearances in the Glade by Liberty Tree Tavern.

How often has the new Jiminy been appear near the Tree Tavern? I hope to find him on my next outing to the MK now, in addition to the new Brer Fox.

Also, just to let you know, I saw the new Genie at Disneyland when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Sir Hiss527

Yea, the tails that WDWKAt was talking about come off very easily. Especially Tigger's..(I have stories) But anyways Br'er Fox looks great...but I really wanna hear about Smee, and Tigger..with new changes coming in soon. O yea, Jiminy looks good too...

GenieGirl

Jiminy was in the Glade a couple of days last week and should be there for a couple more until they plan on moving him somewhere more visible.

I haven't heard any stories about Tigger being redone, but I agree that Smee is waaaay past due for a change. Another character that needs a change (I've seen the costume) is Little John. Scary.

WDWKat26

GenieGirl said:
Jiminy was in the Glade a couple of days last week and should be there for a couple more until they plan on moving him somewhere more visible.

I haven't heard any stories about Tigger being redone, but I agree that Smee is waaaay past due for a change. Another character that needs a change (I've seen the costume) is Little John. Scary.

Little John is rarely out, only during Christmas Parade, hence the reason why he'll probably be the last character on earth to get a makeover anytime soon.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Phillip, I've asked my new roomie who works for WDE, and she said that it's a prototype costume. Let's hope it will be back out.

MKCP 1985

I just have to say that I am glad to see Br'er Fox back out in the Magic Kingdom. His spunk and toothy smile are a good combination and it is fun messing wit him and having him mess with you after coming off Splash Mountain. I didn't think a makeover was really necessary, but I like his new look.

As for Smee - I don't get why some think a makeover is so necessary for this supporting pirate. I am sure it will be good and all, but come on - when did your child ever complain the Smee experience failed to meet her expectations?! Jiminy and genie, I can understand, but Mr. Smee? :lol:

xkirsten - thanks for sharing your genie and Jiminy photos. They were really good.

mkt - prototype costumes rock (at least those with special effects)!

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Continuing this topic...

Since Brer Fox has finally made his long-awaited, long overdue return to the parks, I'm now wondering if he will now return to SpectroMagic and Fantasmic and/or join the other Brers in the Share a Dream Come True Parade, the Frontierland Hoedown and Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade?

MKCustodial

Working in Frontierland for 2 months, I never once saw the Bre'rs on the Hoedown. It was always the Country Bears.

Now, for the pics. Bre'r Fox looks much better. Disney is doing a wonderful job in getting all these characters closer to their toon counterparts. You can see from the old Disneyland pics the improvement that's been made over the years. Personally, I always said the Ducks needed work, and I love Donald's new look.

As for the others, could one of you picture maniacs post comparison shots of the "make-over" characters? Genie, Jiminy and whoever else got the treatment (besides Bre'r Fox, of course, since we already have him on the thread...).

And finally, I totally agree, MKCP! It's not the first time I see people talking about the Smee makeover, and I just don't see anything wrong with him! As for Little John, if he's scheduled for a makeover, it's only logical that Baloo gets it first since they're pretty much brothers. Even in the toon! Same voice and all... :lol:

MeTa

Wow was that make-over much needed....he looked totally dated in the old picture. Funny thing is that I would have never thought about it till now that there is something to compare.

Nicely done, Anyone have good pictures of the new updates on other costumes?

MKCustodial

MeTa said:
Funny thing is that I would have never thought about it till now that there is something to compare.

I know what you mean. Have you ever seen the Dwarves from the 50's? Or even Mickey, Hook, Goofy? Talk about improvement! :lol:

browniebee

CommunicoreBabe said:
What about Brer Rabbit? I have never seen any of these characters out and about. I didn't realize they had Song of the South characters like that, I thought it was taboo. Does anyone have a picture of any of these characters they might share :lookaroun ?

Yep. I had a pic with Brer Rabbit a couple weeks ago. I don't know how to post pics on here but the picture is on my profile.

MKCustodial

I only saw him out on parades, never on Meet & Greets. By the exit of Splash it's always Bre'rs Fox and Bear. It'd be great to ride with them, though. :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
CommunicoreBabe said:
What about Brer Rabbit? I have never seen any of these characters out and about. I didn't realize they had Song of the South characters like that, I thought it was taboo. Does anyone have a picture of any of these characters they might share :lookaroun ?

In addition to locations others have said, you can find Brer Rabbit, Bear and Fox near the bathrooms to the right (as you approach) of the Splash Mountain queue.

WDWCP

I think it's a little bit sad that the VAST majority of kids will really have no idea what these characters are or who they are. They will not have seen SOTS and will only know them from SM. While they are represented well in SM, it can be tough to really understand the different characters and what their personalities are without seeing the movie.

There is SOOOO much that people are missing out on when riding SM or seeing these characters if they haven't seen the movie...

Tigger1988

WDWCP said:
I think it's a little bit sad that the VAST majority of kids will really have no idea what these characters are or who they are. They will not have seen SOTS and will only know them from SM. While they are represented well in SM, it can be tough to really understand the different characters and what their personalities are without seeing the movie.

There is SOOOO much that people are missing out on when riding SM or seeing these characters if they haven't seen the movie...

I totally agree. Thank goodness for Ebay, thats where I got my copy of SOTS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom