Breaking News: New Theme for 2009

Bella

Following the great success of The Year(s) of a Million(s of) Dreams promotion. Disney has decided to promote the all new, wish inspired: The Year of a Million Cutbacks. You'll be amazed as we destroy Pleasure Island, remove the Pocohontas show, fire 4 for a Dollar, cut Fantasmic back to two totally cram packed nights, and take away the Chicken fingers and McDonalds stand. Don't worry, we've been thinking of your needs, so we raised the prices on tickets, cut out those unecessary tips and appetizers on the dining plans. built many more DVC units and added some Nemo sheets to some rooms. Don't worry about tripping over characters scattered throughout the parks. We promise not to clutter your walk ways with new attractions being built either. Join us in 2009 for the Year of a Million Cutbacks!

Whew, feel so much better now.

Kenny: Very funny even if it all is so true!

Montyboy

Good is the Enemy of Great

Sure Disney is good (maybe great) right now, but don't you want a better Disney?

I like the satire.

forbidden donut

Following the great success of The Year(s) of a Million(s of) Dreams promotion. Disney has decided to promote the all new, wish inspired: The Year of a Million Cutbacks. You'll be amazed as we destroy Pleasure Island, remove the Pocohontas show, fire 4 for a Dollar, cut Fantasmic back to two totally cram packed nights, and take away the Chicken fingers and McDonalds stand. Don't worry, we've been thinking of your needs, so we raised the prices on tickets, cut out those unecessary tips and appetizers on the dining plans. built many more DVC units and added some Nemo sheets to some rooms. Don't worry about tripping over characters scattered throughout the parks. We promise not to clutter your walk ways with new attractions being built either. Join us in 2009 for the Year of a Million Cutbacks!

As Walt would say "Lets MINUS it"........no wait, that wasn't it.:D

Dskipper

you know people cry on here to much. when they have a celebration going on during the year people want it gone, or two years. then now its going away people cry its going away. people want the wand gone for years its gone now people cry its gone, wow. and as for them only showing fan. twice a week. the rumor is that they are working on a new show. soooo more then likely parts of the show will be missing. so i guess people can cry about that to. at least there showing something think of it like that. i remember being at mk 7-10 years ago and disney only doing the fire works once or twice a week. so it really isnt anything new for someone in fla. i really dont think it is anything to do with the current problems in the world. more then anything to work on stuff and get ready for the new wdw celebration that is in the "works":drevil:

hardcard

Don't worry... I'm sure all of the cutback celebrations will be overshadowed greatly as some disney fans celebrate "The year of a millions whiners'

unclemike

I'm glad they are getting rid of the Mc Donalds cart, they don't belong in the parks or on property. Also Pleasure Island needs to be updated, replaced no a fan.

Dayma

I have to be honest. If not for this and other sites like it, I would have no idea on some of the cutbacks and nor will most of the average guest. That's just my opinion but I also see it constantly when we go with the "average" theme park fan.

The changes that are happening are not going to ultimately take away from our enjoyment of the parks....

HMF

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::sohappy::lol:

rdominelli

Is removing McD's fry carts all that tragic?

The Pocahontas show closing, is that also a big loss? Small theatre featuring a performer who sings off key and talks to adolescent plants about North American Animals doesn't sound that great to me. Wouldn't a show featuring the animals on their own merits be more entertaining ala Flights of Wonder? Rumor has a big investment going into AK soon, and wouldn't a new permanent land be better than a tempo one?

As for Ticket Prices, I give you the tested Supply and Demand!

So does this mean the legendary Beastly Kingdom will finally see the light of day?

As far as the Pocahontas show, my 2 daughters both loved it when they were little but its far from the best of the lot.

Rich in Ny

disnyfan89

So does this mean the legendary Beastly Kingdom will finally see the light of day?

As far as the Pocahontas show, my 2 daughters both loved it when they were little but its far from the best of the lot.

Rich in Ny
I have no idea to be honest. It could be a land or an attraction. There are a couple of reasons why the recent rumors of such a project could not happen but then there are those in the know on this site that say something is planned for that area. All I know is that time will tell and the Pocahontas show leaving in mind is a sign that something is happening.

Dragonrider1227

What are they doing with Fantasmic? I don't get that one :veryconfu
these cutbacks sound pretty harsh. Looks like even DISNEY'S having trouble making ends meet. Damn you $4 gas!! ><

disnyfan89

What are they doing with Fantasmic? I don't get that one :veryconfu
these cutbacks sound pretty harsh. Looks like even DISNEY'S having trouble making ends meet. Damn you $4 gas!! ><
They are hardly harsh at all. If the Internet wasn't around most people would never have known about half the stuff Disney is changing. The only reason why people are acting all bent out of shape is because a lot is happening within a short amount of time and not much has been announced in the way of replacements. People keep trying to attribute many of these events to cut backs but it just isn't true.

Studios reduces amounts of shows of Fant to accommodate American Idol. This is due to the fact that Studio's entertainment deparment has expanded greatly but their budget has not changed. With the most expensive night time show, largest parade cast including special contracted performers, roaming equity talent, and a new stage show featuring several equity performers the budget has to give some where. Why not reduce the number of Fant! shows in a week if they're not filling up in the slow season?

McD's contract was ending so of course that was going away. Disney is trying to focus on offering more healthy alternatives any way so they probably loving the fact McD's is leaving.

PI has been showing signs for years that it's end was coming. Lack of attendance and interest will kill anything. It's not like they aren't replacing it with anything. Several shops have been announced as well as rumored dinning. Many say guest don't want PI to close but obviously that's a lie as PI lacks weekly attendance. Only the Die Hard fans are fighting to save the AC and PI. Like Mr. Toad, the Die Hards will still come even after it's gone and Disney cares mostly about the average tourist anyway.

Entertainment being removed from parks is also no big deal as street shows come and go. Especially ones linked to special promotions such as the YOAMD. Guest didn't care about the lack of a Woody show in Fronteirland before the YOAMD and they sure wont miss it after. Same for the Family Fun Day Parade.

Just because Disney announces the closing of several things at once doesn't mean the sky is falling. Most people are only up in arms because nothing is being done to replace said attractions. When Millionaire closed no replacement was announced. Did we get one? You bet we did. Did we know about it immediately? Nope. Patience goes along way. Not every year is going to be a 50th year! So we get no new attractions in 2009. That just means there is so much more that can happen in 2010. Everyone really just needs to chill and relax.

wvdisneyfamily

:D
AMEN!..

I know that there are a lot of things that are changing and that a lot of people are not happy..but it is still Disney...

There is still so much to do and so much to eat and see and just everything that it really should not matter that much.

Also..new things can be good...:)

I will always go and will always love it no matter what..:)

My "worst" day at Disney is better than any day in the normal world.

kennygman

Original Poster
Boy, looks like they should have saved some money by not giving away free trips to Disneyland for ungrateful people.

It was a joke about all the complainers. I think you missed that. I was very grateful to receive that opportunity. Have a great day!

To all those that can not see the Wrong in Disney, you are like the old science project if you put a frog in boiling water it will jump out but if you leave it in water and gradually move the heat up it will stay in till it boils. Same thing at Disney some people would say that Disney is the best even when there is no paint on Main Street and the Railroad is in such disrepair that the train derails. I just wish we were able to vent a bit and not be put down because We see it differant than You do. Walt wanted it to be the best in the World, not just better.:brick:I for one will say I have never traveled anywhere else and do not have a lot of plans to but I can see the bad and the good. I walk out of my own house and see when it needs paint or the grass needs to be mowed. I do not say well it still looks like the best on the block, I work to keep it better then it was.:hammer:

maggiegrace1

That is also why they call this section WDW general Discussion, not the Disney agreement line!:veryconfu
I am discussing why I think that no matter what they change that I still love it.

I have also liked things that they have taken away or changed...and of course I miss it..but my opinion is that when they chane the chicken nuggets or remove a certain cut of meat that people who say their trip is ruined now..or it will not be as good a trip as always is going a tad overboard..:shrug:

JMO again but still.

So..I can discuss here that I think no matter what that Disney is still great and I will always go..and that is what I did..:D

As for the thing about paint being chipped and the railroads bing in despair..I do not notice things like that because I do not look for problems and faults when I am at Disney..:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom