BREAKING NEWS: a suspicious package is on a disney bus

Computer Magic

I left Epcot at 7PM and they had already made two PA announcements throughout the park that bus service had returned to normal and apologized for any inconvenience.
Seems I just missed the action and staying at AKL would have crippled us. Good to see Disney on top of it. It has to be erie hearing someone come over the PA system within Disney parks.

durangojim

We arrived at POR today and went to take a bus t EPCOT at 450pm. It was completely filled and was standing room only. Some of the other guests said that they closed the buses to MK so they were taking a bus to EPCOT in order to take the monorail to MK. Thank goodness everything turned out alright.

fosse76

We arrived at POR today and went to take a bus t EPCOT at 450pm. It was completely filled and was standing room only. Some of the other guests said that they closed the buses to MK so they were taking a bus to EPCOT in order to take the monorail to MK. Thank goodness everything turned out alright.

I think it may have been somewhat phased. I was on line for Star Tours when I overheard someone on his cell phone saying that busses weren't running to the Magic Kingdom...but it was clear, based on his conversation, that he personally experienced it and took a bus to DHS.

Atomicmickey said:
And furthermore, will the owner of a 'Hello Kitty' backpack containing a ham and cheese on rye please contact guest services, immediately."

This isn't a case of someone leaving a bag ON a bus...in which case this would have been an extreme overreaction...this is a case where something was ATTACHED UNDERNEATH the bus. In the case of the former, a quick visual inspection by the bus driver would be all that is necessary, something that wouldn't take up much, if any, time, and wouldn't have noticeably affected bus service. The latter is more serious and time consuming, because looking under the bus isn't quite as easy.

I feel lucky I didn't have to deal with this today...I left DHS at 7pm and the busses seemed to be running normally. As I was leaving they made an announcement that bus service had been restored, and had I not overheard that phone conversation I wouldn't have even known there had been an interruption...that is until I got to my room and listened to the voicemail apologizing about the interruption.

Tom

Beta Return
I left Epcot at 7PM and they had already made two PA announcements throughout the park that bus service had returned to normal and apologized for any inconvenience.

REALLY!?! They actually made announcements in the parks? WOW! The last time they did that was on 9/11, wasn't it? (I know they did then - my cousins were there).

Did they hire a VO guy to quickly record some professional statements, or did some goober get on a drive-thru mic and rattle off nonsense like a school principal at the end of the day?

And Gringrinngghost, you can make notice of MAJOR news updates by posting a tiny little summary and then a link to the new article. You really don't need to copy and paste every news article every 5 minutes - especially when they were mostly identical.

ParkHopper128

I was napping throughn this whole thing. Drove from the AK Lodge to the TTC parking lot and did noitice a helicoptor high over head.

Had no idea what was going on until I heard an announcement over the PA at MK that busses were back to normal.

I have a feeling this was a publicity stunt by Disney so they could make the case that we need more Marvel Superheros in the park to keep us safe.

_Scar

I was napping throughn this whole thing. Drove from the AK Lodge to the TTC parking lot and did noitice a helicoptor high over head.

Had no idea what was going on until I heard an announcement over the PA at MK that busses were back to normal.

I have a feeling this was a publicity stunt by Disney so they could make the case that we need more Marvel Superheros in the park to keep us safe.

Thread win. It's that Green Goblin with his damn explosive pumpkins.

DisneyGurl2000

Thankfully, there was no explosion!
I'm told the investigation continues today, using security cameras, trying to figure out what the device was.
An inside source tells me that there was serious concern because the device was strapped to the bottom and it was obvious someone wanted security to think it was a bomb.
It's a good thing they took this seriously!
Here's some more on the story:
http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/17/suspicious_package_found_on_disney_bus.html

raven

Possibly coincidental, possibly not, but Epcot was testing it's Public Alert System last night. There was a long tone during the testing which took about an hor and a half to complete. The tone could be heard in every guest area and most areas backstage including the tunnel.

PalisadesPkteer

The part about all of this that bothers me the most is that someone was actually able to get to this Bus with this package and then tape it to the bottom of the Bus.

What if this had been a bomb. Yes the Disney worker saw it and appropriate measures were taken to make sure everyone would be safe.

BUT,it still scares the heck out of me that someone got to the bus and put the package under it in the first place.

Hope they find this idiot and put in measures to safeguard the buses from now on.

How far out in the boonies are the buses?

EPCOT Explorer

There appears to be some newer information released in the case today...which leads you to wonder...is someone trying to track the bus for good or evil?

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/9/18/device_that_halted_300_disney_buses_may_be_transmitter.html

----
The suspicious device found on a Disney bus yesterday afternoon that brought all busing to a screeching halt Thursday may be a transponder, a type of transmitter.
----
What is there to track? :lol:

They all go to the same places....

miles1

What is there to track? :lol:

They all go to the same places....

Maybe not. Perhaps the device was planted by Disney security to track a certain driver that was making an unscheduled route for some less than legitimate reason? (Just my theory). It would fit with SirGoofy's "inside job" theory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom