Brazilian Tour Groups

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I've seen BTG's on each of my trips, no matter what the time of year. In January of 2008 they ruined 2 trips on ToT and PotC for me. No worries though, just rode them a few more times to make up for it! :D

Thanks to my self-imposed rule of never going to WDW during peak summer season, hopefully I'll keep my interaction with them to a minimum. :lol:

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

In January, the BTG took up half the seating in Fantasmic! And that was there meeting place so by the time 90 minutes before the show started - the majority of the seats were gone. i didnt get in.

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

The last 4 yrs we always went to the World during July 4th. The experiance w/ the TG was not pleasant at all. With the large groups it made it difficult to get on a ride, I am not sure but CM would not the group board the ride all it once so they would block the entrance of a ride, so other riders would think there was a line. Also the running through the parks was a big problem and a boy almost knocked my young daughter over needless to say DH was very upset. So when we had a chance to meet w/ our DVC sales guide we expressed our frustrations w these groups and how chaperons are unable to keep control of the groups.

Oh yea Fastasmic they would have several groups in there and would take up a 1/4.

So this yr we have decided to go at a different time of the yr.

Upvote 0

balletgirl2

I understand. I waited in line once for Space mountain for an hour and they chanted "Go Brazil" the ENTIRE TIME!! It was in my dreams that night!! No lie!

The same thing happened to me!!!!

Here is a real funny story with the tour groups. A few years ago a group of Brazilian boys saw my sister and were convinced she was Brittney Spears. The word spread and a huge mob surrounded her and started taking her picture and demanding autographs. They just did not believe her when she said she was not Brittney. My dad had to pick her up literally and carry her away. She was 17 and freaked out! The group even tried to follow us for a while. It was really weird.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I have never seen a tour group... I've been there early to mid June and mid to late Sept. and haven't seen them at all. This year I'm going late August... are they gone home by then?

Upvote 0

sueuk

The only time we had a problem with them was when we went in July. One group got so close in a queue that a woman stood on the back of my sandal, snapping it and cutting into my foot and when I turned round to show her, they all just shrieked and laughed. I could have slapped her and we ended up having to go back to our resort (AKL) from Epcot to get more shoes. My foot was sore for 3 days. Pig.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I've encountered them in the winter months when we go. Once at Pirates a number of them wanted thru the line to meet up with others ahead of us and I refused to let them thru. My family just stood and blocked the way.
They had no choice but to wait!!!

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

I've encountered them in the winter months when we go. Once at Pirates a number of them wanted thru the line to meet up with others ahead of us and I refused to let them thru. My family just stood and blocked the way.
They had no choice but to wait!!!

Yea to you, that is been another issue that bothered me that they break up the groups then when they meet back up they want to cut thru the line, I would have informed a CM that they attempted to cut.

Upvote 0

Figment73

Most of the foreigners from other countries are very RUDE. Especially in large groups. I HATE line jumpers. The speak perfectly good English but they stand and talk about you in their foreign language. I wish i could go to Disney World once and not have to deal with such ignorance.:mad:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

The only good experience I hate with the Brazilian groups was actually this past January. I was online with my family of 8 total and the group actually let us go ahead of them. The young girls said go go.

Upvote 0

EPCOTPluto

Not all Brazilian tour groups are rude.

I have encountered rude Brazilian groups before. But I had remembered good moments with them. My mum can speak Spanish, and from communicating with one group, they come every 15 months, and it's the only time they can be free from their world of school and work. So it's understandable how they sometimes can act wild. I do agree to be courteous when needed.

However, I clearly remember how we let one Brazilian teen with a small bag of candy sit with us on a bench by Dinosaur once, and within SECONDS, 40 more joined her, asking her for candy and began their usual chattering!! :eek: Pretty scary...
Needless to say, we immediately left in favor to NOT get crushed.

Upvote 0

RickyMouseMom

I have read all the horrible stories on-line about the BTGs and a common complaint is Disney's lack of response to some of their behavior. We just returned from a two week trip (June 15-29) and on the 27th they began to show up. We were unfortunate enough to be surrounded by them at the hotel...probably 4-5 rooms on both sides of us. We returned to our room around 10:30 on Saturday night. Shortly thereafter the commotion began. Every one of them propped opened their doors with the metal door latch so they could run in and out. It was a constant banging sound as they went from room to room. Then they proceeded to play soccer with one of the beach balls they took from the pool. It was like a party outside of our room. We decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they would eventually settle down and return to their rooms. We gave up around 12:30.

Fed up at this point my hubby called the front desk and they said they would send security up. He watched at the window for 20 minutes and saw nothing. At about 1:45AM he took a walk to the front desk and came back with the hotel manager (Joey). She basically reemed them another you know what. She asked when their curfew was and they responded that they didn't have one. She asked to see the chaperone but none was available. Imagine that. She then told them that she wanted them to have their room keys at all times so she would know if they were in the correct room. And she ended by telling them that if they get just one more complaint from other guests that there will be big problems which would include being thrown off property.
Thanks, Joey! :sohappy:

The next night, our last night there, was peaceful.

Wow! We are staying at POP next week. I thought they mainly stayed at the All Stars :shrug:. Now I am freaked out this is going to happen to us also! Thanks for posting, we won't be timid to actually go to the front desk to voice our concerns if there is a problem and security doesnt resolve it. I'm glad all turned out ok, even if it was your last night.

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

If its not BTG, its cheerleaders, or the Pop Warner football teams. You get kids with limited chaperones and you get mahem. It just happens that there are ALOT more BTG and it lasts for a longer period of time than the other groups.

I think we all have had more negative experiences with BTG than positive. I had mine back in Jan 07....darn line cutters nearly trampled my 4 yr old son.:mad:

Upvote 0

L Fisher

My family and I call the them "the flag people"..We always went down in July and what really made us mad was when they'd walk across you while you're waiting on the curb for the parade...That's what the crosswalk is for..We're not talking one person we're talk about 20 or more people walking right over you...So the last time it happened my mom/I stood up told them to use the crosswalk..What's a few more feet...Also we decided to use American Flag with our group of 15 the next year:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

ligarced

We wnet in July and there were so many. They had stacks of fast passes and made the fast pass line as long as the stand by line. It took my daughter and I 3 times to get on splash mountain. We couldnt even walk through frontier land all you saw was flags. We went to AK and were waiting in the tree to go to Tough to be a Bug. Well the brazilians were so bad the trashed the whole place. The CMs had to give us fast passes to come back later. We did and we were stuck with Brazilians and the doors opened and they started pushing us and My husband had to yell at them because they were pushing out 2 daughters 5&4 and my and i was holding our 1 yr old baby. I love disney and i hope they arent there when we go in OCt. I really can't stand rude people

Upvote 0

Chrononymous

I only had one encounter with a Brazillian group of teens.
We were behind a huge group in line for Splash mountain, and ended up riding the same log with a few.
They kept constantly standing up on the ride, snapping pictires and throwing paper at the AAs and laughing.

It was the longest SM ride I have ever been on, because they had to keep stopping the ride to tell them to sit down.

I certainly don't hate them,(I don't hate anybody!) but I was incredibly annoyed at their behavior.
But understanding too...I suppose it's like any kids away from their parents long enough will stop remembering to have manners.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I have never seen a tour group... I've been there early to mid June and mid to late Sept. and haven't seen them at all. This year I'm going late August... are they gone home by then?

I went two years ago in late Aug, and will again this year (I hope - trying to get rooms now). Two years ago I didn't see any TGs at all. I'm hoping for the same this year. Although last time we stayed at SSR; this time the values. I hope that doesn't make a difference.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom