Brazilian Tour Groups--where do they stay?

dmbouton75

Planning a trip from July 15-22nd and would like to avoid staying at a resort with any Brazilian Tour Groups. I'm not looking to bash them and hear horror stories. I just want to know where they typically stay. I would be asking the same question about Pop Warner if I were going in December.

Thanks,
Dawn

slappy magoo

You'll only see groups, not just Brazilian, at the All Stars, especially the All Star Sports. You won't see them at Pop nearly as much, if at all, and of course, you won't see them at Moderates or Deluxe (and if they are at deluxe you guys should demand a reason and to be moved)

Technically, groups can stay anywhere they want, provided they're willing to spend the money to do so. It's just that most groups tend to make the trip as affordable as possible to everyone in their group, which means Value resorts or off-site. I suspect (though can't confirm) that when tour groups arrange trips with Disney, they tend to just book the trip at All Stars, or at least suggest it. Besides, for tour groups pinching pennies, All-Stars is a teensy bit cheaper than Pop due to the change in resort tax 'twixt the two counties.

But a Brazilian tour group could opt to stay at Grand Floridian if they wanted, as long as the rooms were available and they could pay for it.

No one listens to me, probably because of my criminal record, but if I ever had the ear of a WDW exec, I'd suggest either creating or making one of the All-Star resorts a resort geared specifically (though not exclusively) for large budget-conscious tour groups, the same way Coronado is geared specifically (though not exclusively) for convention-goers. Of course, families who wanted to stay at that resort shouldn't and can't be excluded. But if, when booking their stay, those people were advised that it's predominately for larger chaperoned tour groups, I'd think most people would have the sense to say "oh, ok, what else ya got?"

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
DSCF7826.JPG

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

Technically, groups can stay anywhere they want, provided they're willing to spend the money to do so. It's just that most groups tend to make the trip as affordable as possible to everyone in their group, which means Value resorts or off-site. I suspect (though can't confirm) that when tour groups arrange trips with Disney, they tend to just book the trip at All Stars, or at least suggest it. Besides, for tour groups pinching pennies, All-Stars is a teensy bit cheaper than Pop due to the change in resort tax 'twixt the two counties.

But a Brazilian tour group could opt to stay at Grand Floridian if they wanted, as long as the rooms were available and they could pay for it.

No one listens to me, probably because of my criminal record, but if I ever had the ear of a WDW exec, I'd suggest either creating or making one of the All-Star resorts a resort geared specifically (though not exclusively) for large budget-conscious tour groups, the same way Coronado is geared specifically (though not exclusively) for convention-goers. Of course, families who wanted to stay at that resort shouldn't and can't be excluded. But if, when booking their stay, those people were advised that it's predominately for larger chaperoned tour groups, I'd think most people would have the sense to say "oh, ok, what else ya got?"

I agree too, they have enough interest to make a JUST large groups. But I've also heard that the All Stars are more willing to work with large groups, compared to Pop.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

They are mostly at Value Resorts and I think sometimes Mods. I havent stayed at either, so if i'm not in the parks when they are there. I luckily dont have to deal with them at the hotel. Then again, we usually stay at a deluxe or SOG! :)

And the poster who said they can stay anywhere they are willing to pay for is right. But I dont see them spending more than a mod.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
They are mostly at Value Resorts and I think sometimes Mods. I havent stayed at either, so if i'm not in the parks when they are there. I luckily dont have to deal with them at the hotel. Then again, we usually stay at a deluxe or SOG! :)

And the poster who said they can stay anywhere they are willing to pay for is right. But I dont see them spending more than a mod.

Bloody poor people, shouldnt encourage them.

Upvote 0

Pan

I do not remember any brazalian tours groups at the resorts.
The worst place to stay at Disney is the all star resorts. That group of rooms are the worst.

Nothing but a teenager hangout with no one watching them.

I can understand why you dont want to be around those groups. They are so loud. I remember being on tom sawyers island and a bunch of them at the haunted mansion singing as loud as they can with some stupid soccer song.
Really ruins the magic. I understand having fun but thats going to far.
There are no stupid soccer songs, just stupid people who sing soccer songs at Disney rather than at a soccer match:)

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I always used to think they stayed off site, then while waiting for a bus last summer we saw them all piling into one for the Allstars. I would have just paid for an upgrade to a moderate on the spot if I saw that armageddon coming my way. Regardless of wether I could afford it or not.

It is bad enough dealing with them in the parks, or at fantasmic, to have them acting the way they act at my hotel would be too much to bear. With their chants and lack of clothing, vacation ruiners.

LUCAT
Big Fun

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I can vouch for them staying at the All Star Movies. I've experienced it. :brick: If you book a moderate or higher, you should be okay. Have a good trip. July isn't as bad as everyone says. We've done it before and had an EXCELLENT time. The best part is the extended hours. You get more bang for you buck so to speak in the summer as far as park hours go.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

There are no stupid soccer songs, just stupid people who sing soccer songs at Disney rather than at a soccer match:)

And it could be extra bad this summer if Brazil lives up to their favorite status and wins the World Cup on July 11th.

If that happens, they will be UNBELIEVABLY LOUD AND BOISTEROUS all summer long!!! The chanting will be NONSTOP!!!!!

Upvote 0

Maryssa*

They practically took over the POLYNESIAN one year that I stayed there. I was astounded. Couldn't get anything at captain cooks every morning because they all crammed in there causing a 40 min wait to try to just get a bagel :fork:

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

FYI beginning January 2010, groups can rarely be booked at Pop Century. The most common resorts for youth groups are All Star (all 3), Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. Pop Century is your best bet to avoid youth groups. I don't blame you for asking.

As far as dates, you're looking at Brazilian groups specifically in January, April, July and August, July being their biggest month.

Youth groups of any type can tend to be loud and clog up F&B lines and/or pools. It's not necessarily that they're misbehaving or bad kids, but get a group of kids together in one spot and they're bound to be loud.

Upvote 0

Sassagoula

During my trip last month, there were many, many, many Brazilians at every park bus stop for the All Stars. Usually they were the only ones there. I did see Brazilians at Pop Century, but they didn't appear to be in a group (no signature outfits/bags/flags).

ImaYoyo, thanks for the info, very helpful! I think I'll do February next time instead...

Upvote 0

jello

They were all over the All Star Movies this past January.
All over All Star Movies this July...had crank phone call at 2:00 in the morning, running and yelling til all hours of the night. Underage girls smoking, no supervision, at least I don't consider 20 year old males in charge of 15 year old girls, supervision. We avoided the food court when the crowd was there. This meant adjusting our vacation time. That's why I joined this site. I want to know where they don't stay, so that the next trip I can plan accordingly. It was bad enough putting up with them in the parks, but I don't need this the whole day. I want to be able to relax on vacation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom