Brazilian Tour Groups--where do they stay?

dmbouton75

Planning a trip from July 15-22nd and would like to avoid staying at a resort with any Brazilian Tour Groups. I'm not looking to bash them and hear horror stories. I just want to know where they typically stay. I would be asking the same question about Pop Warner if I were going in December.

Thanks,
Dawn

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Planning a trip from July 15-22nd and would like to avoid staying at a resort with any Brazilian Tour Groups. I'm not looking to bash them and hear horror stories. I just want to know where they typically stay. I would be asking the same question about Pop Warner if I were going in December.

Thanks,
Dawn

I haven't heard any stories of the Brazilian Tour groups at the resorts. But of course, in the parks it can be a headache.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I'd say that's debatable. If they're so wonderful, why don't they try and control the chanting during parades and attractions that we all hate? Not trying to be rude, just speaking the truth.

From a CM standpoint, having them there makes our lives much easier. We have translators practically at our beckon call when we need them and they understand their culture which helps in getting things resolved quickly and easily. Unfortunately, there are thousands and thousands of teenage kids and only a handful of super greeters. It would be nearly impossible for them to control them completely as far as the chanting and singing is concerned without the cooperation of at the very least, their group leader. From what I've experienced though, they are a great help in getting smaller matters sorted out throughout the world. You may not see a difference, but we do.

Upvote 0

Hulacat

Soon this will not be true. I don't know when it will be put into effect by Pop will become one of the group hotels with DARR moving to Pop's role as a none group hotel. Just FYI.
DARR? Sorry, but can you please clarify which resort that is- and does that mean DARR will no loger host tour groups?

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

I haven't heard any stories of the Brazilian Tour groups at the resorts. But of course, in the parks it can be a headache.

I was in line and got to talking to a husband and wife who were staying at All Star and they told me that the kids were running down the hallways all night, screaming at 2AM, and tried getting into their room 3 nights in a row. They told me they complained pretty firmly and the next night Disney moved them to the AKL as a token of apology. So yes, they are bad no matter where they are.

Also, it seems like some of them break off and stay in smaller groups at other resorts. I saw a very small group of 4 kids swimming at the Poly at 3AM with their parents. Maybe since their parents chaperoned they were able to book a different resort? They had the tour group t shirts on, maybe 14 years old and later I saw them walking into a room on another floor.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

DARR? Sorry, but can you please clarify which resort that is- and does that mean DARR will no loger host tour groups?

Well I guess it would help if I spelled my abbreviations correctly...I meant DAAR (oops!) which is Disney's Art of Animation Resort. And it doesn't mean that they will never host tour groups, they will just host them in smaller numbers than say, the All-Stars.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom