Brazilian Tour Groups--where do they stay?

dmbouton75

Planning a trip from July 15-22nd and would like to avoid staying at a resort with any Brazilian Tour Groups. I'm not looking to bash them and hear horror stories. I just want to know where they typically stay. I would be asking the same question about Pop Warner if I were going in December.

Thanks,
Dawn

bethymouse

You'll only see groups, not just Brazilian, at the All Stars, especially the All Star Sports. You won't see them at Pop nearly as much, if at all, and of course, you won't see them at Moderates or Deluxe (and if they are at deluxe you guys should demand a reason and to be moved)
Wonder if we'll see them at A of A?:eek:

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

When I called the BC the other day they said they weren't there during my stay 26-31 this month and she thought they were at All Stars and Caribbean Beach.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Only in a country where the "World" series features teams from that country.

189211194_c550d896ed.jpg

oh you're bad...:oops:

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Im sooooo hoping there are no tour groups (from ANY country) in Sept...LOL I do NOT want the crowds or annoying loudness!
I think you are safe in September, it is Jan-March for the cheerleaders and sport groups and June and July for the South American tour groups and 1st week of Dec for the Pop Warner group:)

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

They are currently staying at all of the All-Stars, Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. I am positive they are at all of those resorts and to my knowledge no others. But I'm not 100% sure if that is it.

For those that are interested, July usually is "Latin Tour Group Season" as that is when we generally see the highest numbers of them. If it's something you're looking to avoid, then I would steer away from visiting us in July if possible. Of course we do have them at other times in the year but just not in such large numbers. =)

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

FYI beginning January 2010, groups can rarely be booked at Pop Century. The most common resorts for youth groups are All Star (all 3), Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. Pop Century is your best bet to avoid youth groups. I don't blame you for asking.

As far as dates, you're looking at Brazilian groups specifically in January, April, July and August, July being their biggest month.

Youth groups of any type can tend to be loud and clog up F&B lines and/or pools. It's not necessarily that they're misbehaving or bad kids, but get a group of kids together in one spot and they're bound to be loud.

Soon this will not be true. I don't know when it will be put into effect by Pop will become one of the group hotels with DARR moving to Pop's role as a none group hotel. Just FYI.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

They are currently staying at all of the All-Stars, Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. I am positive they are at all of those resorts and to my knowledge no others. But I'm not 100% sure if that is it.

For those that are interested, July usually is "Latin Tour Group Season" as that is when we generally see the highest numbers of them. If it's something you're looking to avoid, then I would steer away from visiting us in July if possible. Of course we do have them at other times in the year but just not in such large numbers. =)

I didn't know anything about "tour groups" of any kind until I caught these threads in this forum when I joined. They weren't in the parks over the 4th of July the 3 days we were there last year in 2011, so I blindly booked July 26th thru the 31st at the BC this year and then:confused:o_O...I heard that Disney has some CM's now around the parks dressed in the tour group's shirt colors apparently trying to keep them from running people over and spoiling other park goers experiences.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I didn't know anything about "tour groups" of any kind until I caught these threads in this forum when I joined. They weren't in the parks over the 4th of July the 3 days we were there last year in 2011, so I blindly booked July 26th thru the 31st at the BC this year and then:confused:o_O...I heard that Disney has some CM's now around the parks dressed in the tour group's shirt colors apparently trying to keep them from running people over and spoiling other park goers experiences.

They are called "super greeters" around Disney property and are strategically placed anywhere that the tour groups usually would be including the theme parks and certain resorts. They are from Brazil and are Disney CMs and can be found in green shirts with the brazilian flag on them. They are generally used as translators and to assist other CMs with communication and crowd control. They are wonderful additions to our Disney family.

Upvote 0

Hulacat

FYI beginning January 2010, groups can rarely be booked at Pop Century. The most common resorts for youth groups are All Star (all 3), Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. Pop Century is your best bet to avoid youth groups. I don't blame you for asking.

As far as dates, you're looking at Brazilian groups specifically in January, April, July and August, July being their biggest month.

Youth groups of any type can tend to be loud and clog up F&B lines and/or pools. It's not necessarily that they're misbehaving or bad kids, but get a group of kids together in one spot and they're bound to be loud.
April??? Eeeek? We are hoping to do an April 2013 first anniversary trip (mid April, around the 17th or so and leaving 4/21)- Can anyone tell me if there will be ANY youth tour groups at POR- or how to get the info on who will be booked there at the time we wuld like to stay? We don't want t be surrounded by packs of unsupervised teens or any kind.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

April??? Eeeek? We are hoping to do an April 2013 first anniversary trip (mid April, around the 17th or so and leaving 4/21)- Can anyone tell me if there will be ANY youth tour groups at POR- or how to get the info on who will be booked there at the time we wuld like to stay? We don't want t be surrounded by packs of unsupervised teens or any kind.
Call the resort you want to book with and ask if any tour groups are booked the week you are there. I did that for CSR last April, not specifically for the tour groups had no idea about them then, but because that is a convention resort and when the conventioners are there it just kind of stresses all the services.

Upvote 0

Beholder

I'm trying to avoid the groups also, and would like to know do they stay at the French Quarter? Oh, does the French Quarter have the boat taxi to DTD?

Upvote 0

ceverette

I stayed at POP last June and Tour groups were all over the place. It was a nightmare in the resort lobby and food court area. Crazy because most of the group were running around yelling and screaming.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

You know, I don't think I've ever read any horror stories about the Brazillian tour groups at hotels... This has led me to believe that they stay at off-site hotels.

-Rob

I stayed at Pop last time. They were there. Loud too. But on the plus side (if youare a man) they like to where thongs at the pool

Upvote 0

captainkidd

They are called "super greeters" around Disney property and are strategically placed anywhere that the tour groups usually would be including the theme parks and certain resorts. They are from Brazil and are Disney CMs and can be found in green shirts with the brazilian flag on them. They are generally used as translators and to assist other CMs with communication and crowd control. They are wonderful additions to our Disney family.

I'd say that's debatable. If they're so wonderful, why don't they try and control the chanting during parades and attractions that we all hate? Not trying to be rude, just speaking the truth.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom