Brazil to join the World Showcase at Epcot

_Scar

Thanks for answering, I was highly consdering that or French Quarter.

Back to topic, aww..... is Venezuela looking for an investment oppurtunity? :/

DocMcHulk

The pavilion will take advantage of the lagoon there to make an Amazon boat ride through the jungle.
Yea, i dont buy that for a second. I cant imagine them taking a ride into the lagoon and there isnt a lot of room to do it, other wise it would interfear with the fairies and the barges.

vonpluto

Could this have anything to do with the fact that Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is a new stand at the Food and Wine Festival this year? Maybe the OP's friend misinterpreted some information? It would be cool to see a new pavilion in World Showcase though.

That is what I was thinking. Go back a few years, when Spain had that big set up at F&W. Rumors were flying then about Spain joining WS.

When it comes to new countries coming to WS, always keep this in mind:

"In World Showcase we have nine countries to begin with: Canada, Great Britain, France, Japan, the United States, China, Italy, Mexico and Germany, and there are eight other spaces available. We think they will fill up rather rapidly. We've signed a contract with Spain, and we're negotiating with Israel. We'll have an African pavilion. We'll probably have a Scandinavian pavilion someday and we've also been talking with Venezuela. Now you see why I think those eight spots will fill up very rapidly."

Delta India Charlie Kilo Nunis
June 6, 1982 issue of the Epcot Center Construction News

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_h...world-expansion-plans-circa-june-of-1982.aspx
:(

Princess Kitty

I'd welcome almost any addition to World Showcase, but I'd prefer to see a Russian pavilion. Brazil or Argentina would be my runner-up for World Showcase, and I'm still holding out hope that they'll add Australia (koalas) to DAK.

Here's an example of colonial Brazilian architecture:
Colonial-Brazilian-Architec.jpg

Very nice, but certainly not as flamboyant as Russian architecture:
Basils_Cathedral_small.jpg

Russia or Brazil

I'm still hoping that we'll eventually see a Russia Pavillion, but I guess it all comes down to corporate sponsorship.

It's probably easier to convince a company in Brazil that marketing to the US is a good business idea.

Plus with coffee and candy companies already exporting product into the US, I'm sure they can find a company that would love to be tied in with the mouse.

deWild

Although this sounds interesting, I'm left wondering what the main building or center would be. I can't think of how Brazil would be best represented (all forum jokes aside). The concept is interesting, but I do wonder about the central theme. Only time will tell if this rumor is true.

What about a giant soccer field?

BrerFrog

As a Brazilian I would be happy with that, not only because it would represent my country, but also because that would lead to maybe another international recruiting program. I really want to work as a CM again. :ROFLOL:

I agree with you that our tour groups are one of the most, perhaps the most, annoying thing you could possibly run into at WDW. :brick:

Tom

Beta Return
It shall be the loudest, most annoying pavilion of them all...

...and stinkiest.

The plot of land behind the Outpost would barely hold the Mexico Pavilion/Show Building, and that would be pushing it and really cramp the Illuminations dock.

If any country ever goes there, it's going to be one of the smaller pavilions, and any hope of a ride would need to be on the small end, like Mexico. Definitely not a Jungle Cruise size ride, and nothing outdoors since there wouldn't be room for visual buffers between it and backstage.

WDW Vacationer

"EPCOT's World Showcase needs a new pavillion!",exclaims the EPCOT fanboy.

*weeks later EPCOT's World Showcase is rumored to get a new pavillion*

"Ew. Brazil stinks! Why oh why?!", he exclaims.

It is a new country and a chance to experience new culture not yet represented. I doubt the themeing will be neon-colored shirt tourists waving flags and chanting.

peterpanic74

Definitely need some kind of South American representation.

Also, Egypt or India would be great.

No more Europe or East Asia. Okay, maaaaaybe Thailand, for the food!:D

EPCOT Explorer

I thought this was a thread bump....:lookaroun:lol:

I think it's very doubtful, it would surprise me, and it's high time WS got something new.

Maybe next year?:shrug:

Another grain of salt to add to my duffel bag..... :lookaroun:lol:
:lol: That.
I really want Greece.

Gyros.:slurp:
Indeed.:slurp:
Africa's got an entire section of Animal Kingdom devoted to it.:shrug:
That's the nature slant. I would love to see the cultural aspects realized.
some thoughts: I wouldn't mind seeing a scaled-down Lacerda Elevator as the architectural centerpiece of the alleged pavilion. Alas, it's a shame José Carioca has already invaded the Mexico pavilion; he really should have set up shop here. And... an Amazon boat ride? Sounds an awful lot like the Jungle Cruise.

El Rio Del Tiempo, too.

EPCOT Explorer

I'd welcome almost any addition to World Showcase, but I'd prefer to see a Russian pavilion. Brazil or Argentina would be my runner-up for World Showcase, and I'm still holding out hope that they'll add Australia (koalas) to DAK.

Here's an example of colonial Brazilian architecture:
Colonial-Brazilian-Architec.jpg

Very nice, but certainly not as flamboyant as Russian architecture:
Basils_Cathedral_small.jpg
That just NEEDS to be in WS, I'm sorry.

A Egyptian pyramid, too. :D
"EPCOT's World Showcase needs a new pavillion!",exclaims the EPCOT fanboy.

*weeks later EPCOT's World Showcase is rumored to get a new pavillion*

"Ew. Brazil stinks! Why oh why?!", he exclaims.

It is a new country and a chance to experience new culture not yet represented. I doubt the themeing will be neon-colored shirt tourists waving flags and chanting.
Exactly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom