Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
The big reason why Brazil is a poorer country is because people there are always spending their money on celebrating...on vacations...on 'holiday' as they are right now. I know how life can suck when you're poor, but seriously...save your money to get what you NEED. NOT to party it up every stinking night or to come to Orlando!

Wow. What an absolutely rude, uneducated, and slightly racist post. I was going to go into something lengthy here, but I feel bad for even dignifying this post enough responding this much.

The Empress Lilly

The big reason why Brazil is a poorer country is because people there are always spending their money on celebrating...on vacations...on 'holiday' as they are right now. I know how life can suck when you're poor, but seriously...save your money to get what you NEED. NOT to party it up every stinking night or to come to Orlando!

I was at Universal the other day and they were EVERYWHERE! I didn't hear any English being spoken in IOA aside from the team members working there. I felt like I was in another country...and they just push their way through lines and everything. Very rude. Guys, get your priorities in order down there!
The only English I heard last week was from British tourists...

MarkTwain

Wow. What an absolutely rude, uneducated, and slightly racist post. I was going to go into something lengthy here, but I feel bad for even dignifying this post enough responding this much.

I won't feel as bad...

I was at Universal the other day and they were EVERYWHERE! I didn't hear any English being spoken in IOA aside from the team members working there. I felt like I was in another country...and they just push their way through lines and everything. Very rude. Guys, get your priorities in order down there!

Although Brazil is, perhaps, a poor country on average, a small subset of the country is considerably wealthy. It's not like everyone in the country is poor; it's just a much greater divide between social classes than we have here in the US. It's a similar setup to other rapidly developing nations, like Saudi Arabia and India, where money is being made very quickly for a small percentage of the population, but that money hasn't trickled down to the rest of the population yet.

In other words, the group we're seeing at WDW is likely from the country's small middle or upper classes - not from the lower classes who, as you say, are so foolish as to squander all their money on vacations and Carnivale celebrations. :rolleyes:

I know the behavior from Brazilian tourists on my occasional trip to WDW might be annoying, but the ignorant and somewhat racist rants I see here every day on WDWmagic are starting to become much moreso.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
...I know the behavior from Brazilian tourists on my occasional trip to WDW might be annoying, but the ignorant and somewhat racist rants I see here every day on WDWmagic are starting to become much moreso.

Now THAT deserves a LIKE BUTTON. :wave:

draybook

I wouldn't call it racism when talking about behavior in the park. The other stuff could be construed as that, but that comes down to interpretation.

cheezbat

Call it what you want, but I have Brazilian friends and they all agree that's EXACTLY the story with their people. They themselves admit to the nonstop spending and partying. Heck, one of my friend's parents lives here in Florida and declared bankrupcy, yet spends his money on a condo and boat and vacationing and other things that aren't neccessary. Seriously, if you can't afford your house, then why are you blowing money on all these other things?

You think it's racist, that's your opinion. I'm just stating what I have been told AND from what I see firsthand.

hercules03

Well, after all this hate against us brazilians i'll try to show another view on the situation. Are there countless groups of brazilian teenagers who can't say even a word in english? Yes. Are those groups very rude and unpolite? Yes. But they do not represent all the brazilians who go to wdw,actually the brazilian families touring by themselves are generally polite and at least one member of the group speaks english fluently. Regarding the rude teenagers groups, I can only say that most of the members are spoiled rich kids celebrating their 15th birthday(here in Brazil turning 15 is like turning 16 in the USA, with the big parties and stuff) and pretending they are independente because their parente didn't travel with them(even though the trip was paid by the kids parents lol). Oh and about the poor people in Brazil, do you guys really think they can afford a trip to wdw?? lol To put things in perspective, a low income in the USA is considered fairly good here in Brazil! So...poor people here,the ones who can't afford a fridge,don't even think about going to wdw, they think about how they are gonna afford their lunch.

cheezbat

Well, after all this hate against us brazilians i'll try to show another view on the situation. Are there countless groups of brazilian teenagers who can't say even a word in english? Yes. Are those groups very rude and unpolite? Yes. But they do not represent all the brazilians who go to wdw,actually the brazilian families touring by themselves are generally polite and at least one member of the group speaks english fluently. Regarding the rude teenagers groups, I can only say that most of the members are spoiled rich kids celebrating their 15th birthday(here in Brazil turning 15 is like turning 16 in the USA, with the big parties and stuff) and pretending they are independente because their parente didn't travel with them(even though the trip was paid by the kids parents lol). Oh and about the poor people in Brazil, do you guys really think they can afford a trip to wdw?? lol To put things in perspective, a low income in the USA is considered fairly good here in Brazil! So...poor people here,the ones who can't afford a fridge,don't even think about going to wdw, they think about how they are gonna afford their lunch.

this is true of SO MANY cultures....it takes just a few rude and obnoxious people to give the entire group a bad name. Sorry if you guys think I'm calling EVERY Brazilian out...that's not what I was intending with my post. Just a chunk of the people.

It sickens me the same way seeing Americans do the same things. "Oh we're declaring bankrupcy and then we're taking a family vacation to Hawaii and buying a Corvette." Seriously? Priorities people.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member

Different culture, different priorities.

And who are you to judge?

hercules03

this is true of SO MANY cultures....it takes just a few rude and obnoxious people to give the entire group a bad name. Sorry if you guys think I'm calling EVERY Brazilian out...that's not what I was intending with my post. Just a chunk of the people.

It sickens me the same way seeing Americans do the same things. "Oh we're declaring bankrupcy and then we're taking a family vacation to Hawaii and buying a Corvette." Seriously? Priorities people.

My post wasn't directed at you, I just wanted to show who are the real members of those obnoxious groups ruining our wdw experience... Even us brazilians hate those groups of spoiled teens! lol And with this cease the idea of fridge-less poor people going to Disney world

MarkTwain

Concept -for real.
That it's ever gonna happen - rumor.

But if the concept is real - does that imply that the Brazilian government is even marginally interested in funding it?

Because if it is, than that substantially improves the chances of a Bravilian happening.

RSoxNo1

Any time something negative is set about a group of people it's deemed as racist because to speak to that group of people you're forced to speak in generalities.

Having said that, I've seen quite a few Portuguese speaking and Spanish speaking groups here this weekend, and aside from not necessarily understanding direction from cast members there have been little to no issues that we've witnessed.

Lee

Adventurer
But if the concept is real - does that imply that the Brazilian government is even marginally interested in funding it?

Because if it is, than that substantially improves the chances of a Bravilian happening.

The concept being real means that there are attraction designs and art that has been produced, and pitched to the Brazil government.

Where it went from there...:shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The concept being real means that there are attraction designs and art that has been produced, and pitched to the Brazil government.

Where it went from there...:shrug:

Unfortunately (or not) for EPCOT, it's not like Brazil needs to pay for advertising their country right now.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom