Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

julia_

I'm brazilian and I've been going to WDW annualy since '96. It was great back then. Our country was still poor and only a few people could afford travelling abroad. My family went every December: the parks were empty and everything was quiet. Nowadays, going to Orlando during our summer break it's impossible. Brazilians took over everything. They are loud, they misbehave, don't speak a word of english and manage to make the parks atmosphere less enjoyable. And now they are taking over the parks in July as well.

I don't even know what they are doing in WDW. This one time the tour group guide walked by Rapunzel's meet & greet location and asked everyone if they wanted to get in line to see Cinderella. Shameful.

julia_

Well let's hope that more Brazilians can return to poverty so that you can have a more enjoyable vacation.

Not saying they must return to poverty, they should set their priorities right. Brazilians are traveling but most of them don't even have a refrigerator in their homes. Not only they are going to a place they barely heard of, they are traveling to achieve an illusional social status.

draybook

I've been to the parks hundreds of times and witnessed these groups in the parks many times as well. Ive never seen them try to cut a line. Ive never seen them push or harm anyone else in the park. The only time ive ever heard them chanting is before fantastic and they stop before the show starts.
Yes it sucks being stuck behind a large group in a line for a ride. Yes they can come off as loud a boisterous sometimes, but they have a right to be there just like anyone else. For most, it will be there once and a lifetime trip. I think too many people on the boards take 1 or 2 isolated incidents and blow them up into something they are not. People act as if the tour groups are attacking people in the parks. If you dont like the tour groups, use google to find out when they come down the most and dont go around those times. Its not that hard.

Well, then it seems that we need to go when you do, because we did not have the same experience. I get tired of having to tell someone to NOT bump into the backpack on my back. Is there really a point to being so close that you're almost riding piggyback? Of course I did have fun with one group of Brazilians on PoTC. They started taking a few flash pictures as soon as the boat departed, so I turned my camera on manual and turned our boat into a disco-tech. They speak English, just not when it doesn't suit their purpose, so they know not to take flash pictures.

Jane Doe

Not saying they must return to poverty, they should set their priorities right. Brazilians are traveling but most of them don't even have a refrigerator in their homes. Not only they are going to a place they barely heard of, they are traveling to achieve an illusional social status.

So is the most common phrase you've heard on the plane whilst leaving Sao Paulo "I have no idea what a Disney World is, or even where it is, but I'm just ecstatic to hear that they've got fridges in the room" ?.

BrerFrog

So is the most common phrase you've heard on the plane whilst leaving Sao Paulo "I have no idea what a Disney World is, or even where it is, but I'm just ecstatic to hear that they've got fridges in the room" ?.

It is not only about the fridge. You are forgetting the TVs, beds and air conditioning! I almost feel like a millionaire!

julia_

It is not only about the fridge. You are forgetting the TVs, beds and air conditioning! I almost feel like a millionaire!

Exactly!
I can assure you the majority of Brazilian tour groups are spoiled teenagers who waste their fathers fifteen years of savings just so they can go back home and brag about being somewhere else besides Brazil.
I'm glad there's still some of us who truly believe in the magic and cherish every moment spent on Disney property.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Sounds like where I live.

I try to travel places when my countrymen don't go.

And when I go to WDW, which is heavily frequented by my countrymen, I go during the off-season, when they're working.

What if we're all wrong, media included, and instead of them adding Brasil to World Showcase , they are actually thinking of adding a new PARK to Brasil!!?? :eek:
Walt Disney World Brasil sounds better....
Besides, I don't see where they could put it..?
Unless they replace a country..

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What if we're all wrong, media included, and instead of them adding Brasil to World Showcase , they are actually thinking of adding a new PARK to Brasil!!?? :eek:
Walt Disney World Brasil sounds better....
Besides, I don't see where they could put it..?
Unless they replace a country..

They already have Disney Shanghai in the works, so their international expansion budget is somewhat spoken for.

And there are actually a number of "slots" where a new country could be placed.

invader

They already have Disney Shanghai in the works, so their international expansion budget is somewhat spoken for.

And there are actually a number of "slots" where a new country could be placed.

There are eight spots in total, I believe two are about the size a Brazil pavilion would take up.

Becky

Ah, but the Brazilians I have met who are working at WDW are polite, helpfun, a lot of fun and have true Disney spirit. They represent all that is right with Brazil. Teens are teens and large groups of teens are, um, usually a bit unruly, and very spoiled teens are, um, very spoiled and let you know that.

cheezbat

The big reason why Brazil is a poorer country is because people there are always spending their money on celebrating...on vacations...on 'holiday' as they are right now. I know how life can suck when you're poor, but seriously...save your money to get what you NEED. NOT to party it up every stinking night or to come to Orlando!

I was at Universal the other day and they were EVERYWHERE! I didn't hear any English being spoken in IOA aside from the team members working there. I felt like I was in another country...and they just push their way through lines and everything. Very rude. Guys, get your priorities in order down there!

draybook

The big reason why Brazil is a poorer country is because people there are always spending their money on celebrating...on vacations...on 'holiday' as they are right now. I know how life can suck when you're poor, but seriously...save your money to get what you NEED. NOT to party it up every stinking night or to come to Orlando!

I was at Universal the other day and they were EVERYWHERE! I didn't hear any English being spoken in IOA aside from the team members working there. I felt like I was in another country...and they just push their way through lines and everything. Very rude. Guys, get your priorities in order down there!

Where's the Like button? That's exactly what we experienced at US/IoA. The only thing is that I don't give in to these folks. I stiffen up my shoulder and plow into them if they come at me. I'm tired of folks not knowing how to behave in public.

julia_

Where's the Like button? (2)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom