Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

NoChesterHester

Unfortunately (or not) for EPCOT, it's not like Brazil needs to pay for advertising their country right now.....

Why, because their tourism is doing well?

It isn't like they would be sponsoring a commercial. Besides, when things are going well is exactly when you see more advertising revenue spent.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Why, because their tourism is doing well?

It isn't like they would be sponsoring a commercial. Besides, when things are going well is exactly when you see more advertising revenue spent.

They have the World Cup in 2014, and the Olympics in 2016. They won't be hurting for tourism or advertising about their country.

misterID

But it's not a matter of them having to do anything. It's wanting to. And I'm sure they're not just counting on The Olympics or World Cup. I'd bet the tourism bureau in Brazil would be all for a pavillion.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
But it's not a matter of them having to do anything. It's wanting to. And I'm sure they're not just counting on The Olympics or World Cup. I'd bet the tourism bureau in Brazil would be all for a pavillion.

It's already been pitched to the Brazilian government. And fair to say between those two not insignificant events, a pavilion at WDW is fairly low down on the list of priorities right now. EPCOT needs a pavilion more than Brazil needs to help float one there......

herc

They have the World Cup in 2014, and the Olympics in 2016. They won't be hurting for tourism or advertising about their country.

But that means that this is the Perfect Time to create a Brazil Pavillion at Epcot. It would inform the millions of tourists that come to WDW yearly that don't know about these two huge sporting events, plus start the ball rolling for others to visit.

If announced soon, a pavillon area could be created and finished in 2013. Look how fast the New Fantasyland is being completed. Everything but the Dwarf Mine Train completed by summer 2012. Very nice. And a country's pavillion is limited in space so it should not take that long.

Disney just needs to spend the money.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
But that means that this is the Perfect Time to create a Brazil Pavillion at Epcot. It would inform the millions of tourists that come to WDW yearly that don't know about these two huge sporting events, plus start the ball rolling for others to visit.

Disney just needs to spend the money.

I'm pretty sure the press coverage for the World Cup and Olympics has been sufficient, and will only increase over the next few years to boot. Brazil isn't hurting for international attention......

And I don't see Disney spending the money unless they can work out some sort of sponsorship agreement with either the government of that country, or a major corporation based there. And considering just how will be spent by Brazil for the WC and Olympics, a pavilion thousands of miles away in Florida to promote tourism just wouldn't seem to be high on the priority list at the present time.

misterID

It's already been pitched to the Brazilian government. And fair to say between those two not insignificant events, a pavilion at WDW is fairly low down on the list of priorities right now. EPCOT needs a pavilion more than Brazil needs to help float one there......

See, I'm not getting you here. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think Brazil's interest or lack there of depends on either of those events. At all. To be honest, there are a couple of pavilions that really don't need to have pavilion's to up their tourism, at least significantly, anyway. It just helps being represented at WDW, among other reasons countries would like to do it.

menamechris

See, I'm not getting you here. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think Brazil's interest or lack there of depends on either of those events. At all. To be honest, there are a couple of pavilions that really don't need to have pavilion's to up their tourism, at least significantly, anyway. It just helps being represented at WDW, among other reasons countries would like to do it.

I don't think World Showcase has had the impact with guests that countries anticipated when EPCOT was being built (or shortly thereafter). I think this is the obvious reason why governments haven't been throwing their money at Disney to get a pavilion up.

RunnerEd

I don't think World Showcase has had the impact with guests that countries anticipated when EPCOT was being built (or shortly thereafter). I think this is the obvious reason why governments haven't been throwing their money at Disney to get a pavilion up.

^^^This^^^ Harumph. WDW is our vacation destination of choice. Whether a country (or area of the US) has no impact on what goes on our travel "bucket list." I have never wanted to visit Moraco and still don't even though I pass the pavilion and even stop there to enjoy the music and shop a little.

JWG

I'm of the firm opinion that no pavilion will be added to world shocase anytime in the near or distant future.

Disney isn't going to pay for it and no country is going to sponsor it. I'd love to be wrong, but I see nothing coming no matter how many concepts are out there.

menamechris

I'm of the firm opinion that no pavilion will be added to world shocase anytime in the near or distant future.

Disney isn't going to pay for it and no country is going to sponsor it. I'd love to be wrong, but I see nothing coming no matter how many concepts are out there.

I really do agree with this. And I am alright with it. I know alot of people have adding a country on their wish list for Disney, but I am rather indifferent to it. I wouldn't hate it - but I wouldn't be excited either.

misterID

Well, yes and no. Norway's tourism went up when they added a pavilion to WS, but I kind of doubt anyone would be looking for their tourism to increase substantially by adding a pavilion. So it does help... a bit. It's just like a company sponsoring an attraction; they're not counting on their sponsorship increasing their sales all that much (which is probably why its hard to get a sponsor for an atraction). It's about placement at Disney. Brand name recognition. And wanting to be a part of it.

Spike-in-Berlin

What if we're all wrong, media included, and instead of them adding Brasil to World Showcase , they are actually thinking of adding a new PARK to Brasil!!?? :eek:
Walt Disney World Brasil sounds better....
Besides, I don't see where they could put it..?
Unless they replace a country..

It sounds actually idiotic and is completely ridiculous in a country with such a small middle class. BTW it would be Disneyland Rio or Sao Paulo or something like that, there is and will always be only one Walt Disney WORLD.

Spike-in-Berlin

Yes and it's already slightly too late for the World Cup I believe, less than three years left. Only if they would suddenly greenlight it in the next weeks and construction would begin next spring then it would be completed before the World Cup. They could still however build a pavilion that is ready a few years before the Olympics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom