Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

flavious27

I'd like to see a new redesigned United States Pavilion.
Here's some changes I'd like to see.

Fountain that pours gasoline into a car that just continually skids on a piece of Nascar track, leading to a Nascar simulator where you drive around a circle 500 times.
Really fat overweight audio animatronics zipping around in motorized scooters on the pavilion, complaining about the heat.
And of course a perfect recreation of the Westboro church for people to walk through and get told why they are going to hell.
oh A Walmart giftshop! Where as you buy more stuff castmembers get fired!

There America!

(stereotypes are fun aren't they?)

Well wdw seems like one big walmart at times. I think that you are missing the 15yo AA with a whisper of a skirt and uggs and also the fist pounders from NYC.

flavious27

Funny, stereotypes exist within our own country, that is how people in the North East stereotype the whole South (Nascar, fat, walmart)!
Yes, world showcase relies on stereotypes however, those stereotypes are still representations of culture and history.

You don't even have to go to the South to see those stereotypes, just visit Salem or Cumberland Counties.

It is not just the NE that stereotypes, look at how parts of the country think of people from philly and the delaware valley. Or just how north jersey thinks of south jersey and vice versa.

flavious27

Yeah, I'd like to propose an attraction based on each of the following:

Canada - Native people recruited to work in uranium mines without knowing the risks
Norway - Massacres. Blood. Conquest.
China - Child quotas. Women as second class citizens
Mexico - Drug cartels and kidnappers
Germany - :lookaroun
Italy - Fascism... Or Catholics being fed to lions
Japan - Child tea pickers
Morocco - Political repression
France - They could surrender to guests as they enter the pavillion
United Kingdom - Imperialism, prisoner colonies

And look, the usa is free of any wrong :D

Gracy_hm

This is good stuff!

This sort of discussion hopefully shows how silly generalizations are.

Okay so back to ON TOPIC discussion of this Pavillion

What would you like to see if it could be anything?

I think a Peter Pans Flight system with a bit more sway side to side that combines elaborate sets, animatronics, and sensory effects maybe through in a few large scale Glassesless 3D effects OR just through some glasses on. Passing through the jungle depths as the leaves fold and bend around your vehicle and you meet eye to eye with a jaguar luring you into brush so thick you find the light of day has turned to black and a thick humid curtain of steam rises in all corners only the sounds of the Forrest. Suddenly through the limbs and plants and silhouetted animals is a fire. As you once again begin to move forward the fire now shows the construction of the great ruins of the twelve pyramids being built with a bit of drama and eye candy the jaguar once again appears in the brush and as a fire consumes the area of the forrest and heat becomes uncomfortable you rush forward through the fire into a rapid journey through the modern city and ultimatly soar over the beauty of Rio and the natural beauty. Ultimatly as we assend into the clouds dancing atop mountains we dive back into our initial jungle region with the panther as our watcher and protector of the forrest and its secrets and follow this with unload. It would be awesome! It would also be 250 Million so it won't happen but something lie this with someone who could refine the concept could make something special from a concept like this.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yeah, I'd like to propose an attraction based on each of the following:

Canada - Native people recruited to work in uranium mines without knowing the risks
Norway - Massacres. Blood. Conquest.
China - Child quotas. Women as second class citizens
Mexico - Drug cartels and kidnappers
Germany - :lookaroun
Italy - Fascism... Or Catholics being fed to lions
Japan - Child tea pickers
Morocco - Political repression
France - They could surrender to guests as they enter the pavillion
United Kingdom - Imperialism, prisoner colonies

Christians surely............. they were no separate cults in those days.

And if it werent for the penal colonies theyd be no modern Australia, so for that I guess we do owe an apology.

But its good to see one of the former colonies has learned akll about Imperialism from the mother nation.

Gracy_hm

Christians surely............. they were no separate cults in those days.

And if it werent for the penal colonies theyd be no modern Australia, so for that I guess we do owe an apology.

But its good to see one of the former colonies has learned akll about Imperialism from the mother nation.

"we band of brothers"

(no intention to translate initial context into this application)

LOVE TO THE WORLD

DCLcruiser

You forgot the Outpost! :lookaroun

I gotcha covered:

wsmap.jpg

Back on the topic of pavillions. Considering that all of the rides in WS are boat related this would also. My guess is it will be basically identical to Mexico but add more rain forest images.

bluelobster

A quick heads up: Had the privilege to be backstage at Epcot today, and a large majority of the area between Mexico and Norway has been roped off with new-looking yellow caution tape. In the past most of the empty World Showcase lots were used as prop storage, etc - but the entire area looked recently cleared. additionally there was electrical and sewer work being done in the immediate vicinity. Not sure what this means, if anything, but thought it might be relevant.

flavious27

A quick heads up: Had the privilege to be backstage at Epcot today, and a large majority of the area between Mexico and Norway has been roped off with new-looking yellow caution tape. In the past most of the empty World Showcase lots were used as prop storage, etc - but the entire area looked recently cleared. additionally there was electrical and sewer work being done in the immediate vicinity. Not sure what this means, if anything, but thought it might be relevant.

Sounds interesting. I guess it matters how much backstage work disney does at epcot.

aladdin2007

Interesting. I would think though it is time to fill in a space over by Morocco on that side, or one of the ones next to Germany. To make it more varied instead of Brazil right next to Mexico.

montyz81

I gotcha covered:

wsmap.jpg

Back on the topic of pavillions. Considering that all of the rides in WS are boat related this would also. My guess is it will be basically identical to Mexico but add more rain forest images.
What about the lands that Animal Kingdom cover?

Alektronic

It;s nothing. It has been there for a while, it was used as a staging/storage area for the construction of the Mexico Cantina. They don't want anybody using it as a parking lot or storage area.

gamblepsu

It is the O's ... Hour and a half trip? So by York then, I think that is about how long my sister said b-more was from her college.

Came from closer to Hershey area. York is right around an hour (when there isn't traffic); during the week an hour and a half sounds about right.

NoChesterHester

I can't imagine why they would rope it off with plastic caution tape. If you saw survey markers... now that would be something.

I bet we are a LONG way off from construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom