Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

wizards8507

:ROFLOL:
I laughed so hard reading that one! Just the mental image... SO funny!

Lol, I think some people actually got offended by what I said. My entire point was that countries (including the US) aren't going to put there seedy underbellies into an attraction. I hope a person or two got a laugh out of the absurdity.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Lol, I think some people actually got offended by what I said. My entire point was that countries (including the US) aren't going to put there seedy underbellies into an attraction. I hope a person or two got a laugh out of the absurdity.

You were expounding on my idea...while certainly not the most pleasant of memories, history is certainly not something to get offended by.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Naw, we're just making the world safe for democracy.

Right. :rolleyes:

There's a large area between Norway and Mexico that doesn't have any on show elements, but what are the actual behind the scenes elements in that area?

A ton of trailers and some construction equipment as of last time I was back there

And look, the usa is free of any wrong :D

Right :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd like to propose an attraction based on each of the following:

Canada - Native people recruited to work in uranium mines without knowing the risks
Norway - Massacres. Blood. Conquest.
China - Child quotas. Women as second class citizens
Mexico - Drug cartels and kidnappers
Germany - :lookaroun
Italy - Fascism... Or Catholics being fed to lions
Japan - Child tea pickers
Morocco - Political repression
France - They could surrender to guests as they enter the pavillion
United Kingdom - Imperialism, prisoner colonies

USA - Invades each country where the current leadership isn't exactly US friendly, replaces them with "friendly" leadership. When plans backfire, lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm glad someome said this. Each time my British friends get on me about how the USA has culture that spans centuries instead of millenia, I remind them that there are peoples living in the US that have been here for 10,000 years and have their own unique cultures.

Right. A people that have been overall repressed and killed by the Europeans who took over their land.

It's funny that people bash the Brazilians. They should hear what others have to say about Americans. We get called the worst things you can possibly imagine by people from other countries.

When I was called a seppo I was confused. I tried to figure out how they would go from "American" to "Seppo."

Then I was told it was short for septic tank.

flavious27

A ton of trailers and some construction equipment as of last time I was back there

USA - Invades each country where the current leadership isn't exactly US friendly, replaces them with "friendly" leadership. When plans backfire, lather, rinse, repeat.

Right. A people that have been overall repressed and killed by the Europeans who took over their land.

When I was called a seppo I was confused. I tried to figure out how they would go from "American" to "Seppo."

Then I was told it was short for septic tank.

I think we are going to need to move back to something near the topic or a mod is going to close this out

Bulldog1653

Interesting idea if Brazil gets a pavilion.

As far as the other countries and the comments, kind of comical. I think people forgot to mention the obvious ones in the US (keep in mind I AM an American citizen): obnoxious politicians and rising prices. They could make the food prices rise to ridiculous amounts just like what is going on with the gas. The food prices can rise and fall with the gas prices.

ParkMan73

This got me curious, so checked out the wikimapia images. I could 5-7 spaces for development:
- 1 between Mexico & Norway
- 1 or 2 where the Outpost is now
- 1 between Italy & Germany
- 1 between Japan & Morocco
- 1 between Morocco & France
- 1 or 2 where the World Showcase events plaza is

With that in mind, using 1 slot for Brazil seems like an easy choice.

Just thinking -- You could put India or Australia over by the UK & Canada and have a former British colonies section of WS.

Now that I know we have all those spaces, my wishlist would be something like:
- India
- Australia
- Brazil
- an African country (or two)
- Russia
- someplace in the middle east - perhaps Egypt

Seems like you could do all these for a few hundred million dollars.

The3Webbs

Just hope it doesn't end up like Africa you take two steps and you never even knew it was there.

All Disney Fans!!!!

Check out this video on youtube, this videos first episode really captures the true Disney magic and can't wait to see more and thought everyone else who loves Disney as much as I do should check it out also.

To watch the video go to this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-YKuehxTAs

Captain Neo

Has any source aside from a brazillian newspaper commented on this? It would be pretty interesting if it gets built. I wonder if it will be a reworked version of the Venezula pavillion complete with cable car dark ride through the rain forest.

redshoesrock

Has any source aside from a brazillian newspaper commented on this? It would be pretty interesting if it gets built. I wonder if it will be a reworked version of the Venezula pavillion complete with cable car dark ride through the rain forest.

Disney will say "no comment" until they're ready to "officially" announce anything, so I wouldn't worry if they don't say anything. Unless they say "absolutely no WAY are we doing this".

trr1

I call shenanigans. How could you drive 5+ hours on the Jersey Turnpike? You could do the entire length of it in 2-2 1/2. Am I reading something wrong?
I think you missed some of what was said
Here is the conversation

Grew up in south jersey so anything between Philly and Pittsburgh is just a vast land to me.

Yeah, if you're only seeing it from the Turnpike that's exactly what it looks like. :lol:

for 5+ hours, and I thought driving on the parkway was mind numbing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom