Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

Admiral01

Premium Member
Yeah, that is the one. I wonder why my search didn't make it appear.

Yes, that certainly did not show up on my search for "Disney" on the Folha site. Good job Chriswacy! Nice digging!

I echo what everyone else is saying here. Any addition to World Showcase country lineup would be welcome. It would be neat to see Russia or Greece, or even a non-Northern African country...but Brazil does have a great culture, great food, great drinks, and would be a good addition.

So, I guess we wait and see. I will see if anyone I work with has an account with this newspaper so we can get through the login. If so, I will post what I find tomorrow after work.

NoChesterHester

This please:

5d3b3871c47f837d602d7a316134b35c.jpg

fogo_de_chao.png.jpg

I just did my happy dance... too bad no one saw it.

flavious27

Yes, that certainly did not show up on my search for "Disney" on the Folha site. Good job Chriswacy! Nice digging!

I echo what everyone else is saying here. Any addition to World Showcase country lineup would be welcome. It would be neat to see Russia or Greece, or even a non-Northern African country...but Brazil does have a great culture, great food, great drinks, and would be a good addition.

So, I guess we wait and see. I will see if anyone I work with has an account with this newspaper so we can get through the login. If so, I will post what I find tomorrow after work.

Agreed that russia would be great.

epcot%2Brussia%2B2.jpg

epcot+russia+3.jpg

WDWFigment

If the pavilion is added, and if a Brazilian steakhouse is added, I really hope it's not Fogo De Chao. Sure, I love the place, but it's a chain! They have them in so many major US cities now that it wouldn't be unique-enough for Disney. A good compromise, I suppose, would be having the restaurant group behind FDC do a similar restaurant at the pavilion that's unique to Disney.

Honestly, I'd rather have a restaurant with worse cuisine, but with exceptional ambience. Ideally, I'd love to have both great cuisine and great ambience, but who are we kidding--this is Disney.

bugsbunny

Yawn. Nothing to read here. Unless Disney is holding one of their typical fluff press announcements, this is really a steaming pile. Lets face it, other than FLE, WDW has/is the red headed step child that simply gets nothing new other than the occasional retread of something that goes into another park. It seems the entire focus of the Parks division is Hyperion and Shanghai. Oooooh, and the all important "Disney's best kept secret" that they can't seem to build enough of.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but when oh when will WDW (DHS & EPCOT) be a target focus for some real love?

flavious27

If the pavilion is added, and if a Brazilian steakhouse is added, I really hope it's not Fogo De Chao. Sure, I love the place, but it's a chain! They have them in so many major US cities now that it wouldn't be unique-enough for Disney. A good compromise, I suppose, would be having the restaurant group behind FDC do a similar restaurant at the pavilion that's unique to Disney.

Honestly, I'd rather have a restaurant with worse cuisine, but with exceptional ambience. Ideally, I'd love to have both great cuisine and great ambience, but who are we kidding--this is Disney.

It is a chain, but it is authentic, it is not outback. Also, they only have 16 locations, with 4 in texas, none in the nyc metro area and only 1 on the west coast. I doubt that many people know about these restaurants, unless they were told about it or discovered it. Fogo is not like The Melting Pot or Ruth Chris.

I don't see a reason why the brothers behind Fogo wouldn't jump at the chance to get involved with a Brazil pavilion, it would be a win win for them and disney.

WDWFigment

It is a chain, but it is authentic, it is not outback. Also, they only have 16 locations, with 4 in texas, none in the nyc metro area and only 1 on the west coast. I doubt that many people know about these restaurants, unless they were told about it or discovered it. Fogo is not like The Melting Pot or Ruth Chris.

I don't see a reason why the brothers behind Fogo wouldn't jump at the chance to get involved with a Brazil pavilion, it would be a win win for them and disney.

I didn't realize there were so few locations. Whenever we have a nice chain in Indy, I assume there are at least 40 of them nationwide.

Don't get me wrong, the place is excellent (not even comparable to the highly overrated Ruth's Chris, which has suffered from over-expansion, in my opinion). It's a short walk from my office, so it makes the perfect spot for lunch meetings.

That said, I think a restaurant by the creators of FDC would be great, would I still wouldn't want a restaurant bearing the same name. It could be the exact same in cuisine, but give it some Disney touches and make the location really unique. I am sure the restaurateurs would be willing to do that, given the exposure they'd have at Disney. Best of both worlds.

I've never been to FDC for dinner (I'm told it's the same menu as lunch, just more expensive), but I don't see it being 3 TS credits. I think it fits squarely within the 2 category. If it were more than 2, I think it just wouldn't be on the DDP. EDIT: It looks like maybe you were talking about a Russian bar as a 3 TS restaurant. Nevermind this, in that case.

All of this, of course, assumes a lot. First they have to confirm the pavilion, and I'm not holding my breath on that!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We've seen this so many times before with Spain and Australia. Many times elements in the host country try to create a buzz, or get things hopelessly mixed up with discussions about a trade show or Food and Wine kiosk. Nothing has come through the usual channels, so I would be very skeptical at this point.

Edeyore

I would be happy with Russia, Brazil or Australia.

It would be funny to read, "Large American tour group crowds into Brazil pavillion at Epcot."

juniorthomas

Where would a Brazil pavilion go? Also, what would its main feature be? I guess its ride (if it has one) would be based on the amazon?

DocMcHulk

I just spent a few minutes poking around the Folha website, and I couldn't find any report that resembles this. Nothing on EPCOT, or Disney, or World Showcase, or anything like that, which talks about adding Brazil to World Showcase.

I could be totally wrong, but other than the Inside the Magic report, and the photo of the article, and references to these, I don't see anything on the Brazilian new websites, including Folha. It could be that news in Brazil isn't as viral as here, and minor print news like this isn't put on their website.

Has anyone else been able to locate the actual original Folha article? Am I just missing it? I would love to see World Showcase expanded...but I am worried we are all being taken with a photo of a fake article.

1. Actually he wasnt the first to report it. He is only reposting what another blog posted first.
  2. I did search the Folha website and found a link to the article, but it appears to be behind a pay wall

Lucky

Where would a Brazil pavilion go? Also, what would its main feature be? I guess its ride (if it has one) would be based on the amazon?
It would probably go between China and Germany, where The Outpost is and Equatorial Africa was once planned.

My guess is there'd be a movie (Amazon, beaches, Sugarloaf Mt. etc.) or (less likely) an Amazon-themed ride.

No idea what the pavilion would look like - there's not much from Brazil's history to go on, and nothing so distinctive from its present.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom