Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

Admiral01

Premium Member
I just spent a few minutes poking around the Folha website, and I couldn't find any report that resembles this. Nothing on EPCOT, or Disney, or World Showcase, or anything like that, which talks about adding Brazil to World Showcase.

I could be totally wrong, but other than the Inside the Magic report, and the photo of the article, and references to these, I don't see anything on the Brazilian new websites, including Folha. It could be that news in Brazil isn't as viral as here, and minor print news like this isn't put on their website.

Has anyone else been able to locate the actual original Folha article? Am I just missing it? I would love to see World Showcase expanded...but I am worried we are all being taken with a photo of a fake article.

SirNim

Has anyone else been able to locate the actual original Folha article? Am I just missing it? I would love to see World Showcase expanded...but I am worried we are all being taken with a photo of a fake article.

Just searched that newspaper's website too, couldn't find anything...

Lee

Adventurer
I just spent a few minutes poking around the Folha website, and I couldn't find any report that resembles this. Nothing on EPCOT, or Disney, or World Showcase, or anything like that, which talks about adding Brazil to World Showcase.

I could be totally wrong, but other than the Inside the Magic report, and the photo of the article, and references to these, I don't see anything on the Brazilian new websites, including Folha. It could be that news in Brazil isn't as viral as here, and minor print news like this isn't put on their website.

Just searched that newspaper's website too, couldn't find anything...
Good catch. Same here.
I stand by my earlier post...I don't see this happening. I may have to call "shenanigans".

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Good catch. Same here.
I stand by my earlier post...I don't see this happening. I may have to call "shenanigans".

I wonder if we're just looking at another addition to the F&WF lineup.....:shrug:

IlikeDW

aladdin2007

The wesh channel 2 article wasnt even correct, Norway did not open in 1986.
But anyway, looks and sounds like the same type of written article like Spain and South Korea did several years back. Would love to see a new pavilion, its been over twenty years now. Really???!!!! :(

flavious27

Brazil's largest newspaper, Folha, says it's coming. It would be a nice addition.

According to Brazilian press, Disney may be getting ready to announce a major country pavilion addition to Epcot. Today columnist Monica Bergamo from Folha, one of the two biggest newspapers in São Paulo, reported this surprising information:

Brazil got a seat in a great international “forum”: Disney. Representatives from the greatest theme park complex in the world approached the federal government this week to announce they’ll include a Brazilian pavilion at Epcot Center, in Orlando (USA). The country will be featured alongside nations such as the US, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Canada.

http://www./2011/04/report-disney-to-add-brazil-pavilion-as-next-country-in-epcot-world-showcase/

Thanks, bgraham34.

This please:

5d3b3871c47f837d602d7a316134b35c.jpg

fogo_de_chao.png.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Will it feature ladies beach volleyball?

And whats the national drink?

National drink is a caipirinha (sp?), and it's great!

Not to be a debbie downer but I wouldn't support this in a million years. WDW lately has become 'Little Brazil' as it hosts thousands of annoying, ill-behaved, loud, and lack of English-speaking tour groups.

I'm surprised all of our ride spiels and safety announcements don't have a third, Portuguese addition to them yet...

I'm no fan of most of the Brazilian tour groups I see, but I doubt a pavilion would make it worse.

While I'm as skeptical as everybody else, and I assume that if anything, this is an enhanced F&W booth, Brazil would make a lot of sense as a country to add. Consider...

1. No South America in WS now.
2. Brazil is a large, wealthy country that could help pay
3. Brazilians love WDW
4. American's generally think of good things when they think of Brazil (as long as they don't focus on the crime rate)
5. A Brazilian steakhouse would be a great fit for WDW. It's a popular kind of restaurant missing from the property. Price point is high, but the food isn't so strange that WDW guests would be afraid of it.

I'd prefer Greece, Egypt, Russia, but really, Brazil is an excellent choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom