Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

Eric.Marcotte

I think that this Brazil expansion could be interesting. Here's why - a while back, there was a rumor about a new technology that is similar to the vehicles used in Indiana Jones and Dinosaur, but was in fact a boat version of that. Wouldn't that be a brilliant opportunity to create an Amazon boat ride with some serious movement?

maxairmike

Did they have Spain as a stand for F&W before that, or was that Spain's introduction to F&W? If this is just for F&W, they must have gotten a tremendous amount of positive feedback and sales from the Brazil cart for last year's F&W to expand it.

jt04

I think that this Brazil expansion could be interesting. Here's why - a while back, there was a rumor about a new technology that is similar to the vehicles used in Indiana Jones and Dinosaur, but was in fact a boat version of that. Wouldn't that be a brilliant opportunity to create an Amazon boat ride with some serious movement?

pirhanha! :eek:

We will see. Any add after all these years would be good and could possibly create a rush to fill in the last plots by interested nations. :)

Vernonpush

Oh good! A pavilion where Americans can go in and be as loud, rude and disruptive as they want!
:lookaroun
Send in the Pop Warner and Cheerleader groups!!!

thelookingglass

Tour group behavior aside, its kind of a logical choice. I mean they do give a ton of money to WDW, and its a big, interesting country. And its' women are hot. I say, bring it on!

Ignohippo

So what, Brazilian tourists are going to come thousands of miles to spend money on a t-shirt from Brazil?

That said, it's interesting and anything new would certainly be welcome. My hope would be that this would be of a multiple country expansion – namely Russia as well. I think it'd be somewhat underwhelming to just add Brazil, but another country added with it would be more like a major expansion.

GrumpyFan

While I think this could potentially be a great addition to EPCOT and WS, I will believe it when they open it. Too many times we've seen rumors of one country or another coming or attractions even promised by Disney, and not ever seen light of day. So, until some hard evidence is shown, I'm not believing, but I am hoping for something. Somehow I doubt Epcot will get the next big attraction unless somebody steps up as a sponsor with a lot of dollars, which there was no mention of in the article.

kisser_male

the OP says "Brazils largest newspaper". while i dont know much about brazillian journalism, i should hope they fact-check a little better than reading discussion forums

Well I'm Brazilian and FOLHA DE SÃO PAULO really is the country's largest and most influent newspaper. The columnist is also very well informed. That being said, I'll only believe it when the construction starts...

rlm919

I look forward to the beautiful female cast members who (fingers crossed), would be demonstrating the waxing style attributed to their country :)

kisser_male

For whatever reason, I've never considered Brazil whilst daydreaming about WS additions, but it is a big country with lots of interesting cities and ecosystems and the like. I like the amazon boat ride idea suggested by Lucky.

BTW, I agree with I'll believe it when Disney announces sentiment, but it's still an interesting news nugget.

Although a boat ride is cool, Brazil is much more than the rainforest. And by the way, the Amazon river is a wide, slow one – not a great choice for a turbulent, wild ride. I'd bet the coastline in Rio is much more recognizable internationally... but of course, that's just my opinion.

PalisadesPkteer

As someone else said, there are many other countries that I would rather see go into EPCOT than Brazil.

Really do not see any additions for a few years or more as far as countries in WS

Flight Safety

Oh good! A pavilion where Americans can go in and be as loud, rude and disruptive as they want!
:lookaroun
Send in the Pop Warner and Cheerleader groups!!!

LOL!!! :ROFLOL:

In all seriousness, this could be great for us "Anti-Tour Group" folk. If, and I strongly repeat IF they're all drawn to the new Pavilion and hang out there instead of being rude and obnoxious everywhere else.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against tour groups. Only those tour groups that are annoyingly obnoxious, rude, and inconsiderate. It just so happens that the vast majority of tour groups are composed of Brazilians, and it also just so happens that the majority of tour groups fit into the annoyingly obnoxious, rude, and inconsiderate category. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom