Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Any chance of it having an attraction when it opens? Or has that not been decided yet?

You could actually move the Three Calleberos to Brazil (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Caballeros), especially if Coco takes over Mexico. The original concept was for all of S. America, not just Mexico. There was a segment, Baia, which takes place in one of the 26 states of Brazil.

Baía[edit]
Singer Aurora Miranda in The Three Caballeros.
This segment involves a pop-up book trip through the Brazilian state of Bahía, as Donald and José meet up with some of the locals who dance a samba and Donald pining for one of the women, portrayed by singer Aurora Miranda.​

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Any reason why it wasn't announced this weekend?

Actually, I get a sense that there are many other things that were not announced.

They really wanted to give time for folk to realize that over arching themes in Disney theme parks are now dead. Later on they'll go into more detail about how they'll deliver the final killing blows.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Any reason why it wasn't announced this weekend?

Actually, I get a sense that there are many other things that were not announced.

I take it there's a reasonable amount of time before it actually starts construction (i.e. >1 year). They seem to have finally shifted to holding back on most topics until they are nearly ready to break ground. No more Pandora-type situations.

It will probably be more than fleetingly obvious that it is coming, but I imagine this is something that is more appropriate to hold onto for D23 2019.

As to the many other things - I think they struck the right balance with WDW to not reveal everything so that individually things became less impactful. When they actually have so much going on I give them a pass that they can hold some other things back.

EPCOTCenterLover

That site got it from here, when I posted it a few years back.

No, it isn't brand new. Might not even be what they are building, but it was what was presented as part of the original pitch to Brazil.
Yes, I got it from Lee at this site. At the time of the posting, there was some concern about it being discovered and then removed, so I didn't initially credit WDWMagic. But in subsequent posts, I did so. LOVE this site and appreciate our insiders. :)

Just4Pics

Chance? Yes. Probable? No.

Thanks for the response, and all the info. I'm new to the boards and so I listened cautiously to what you and others had to say regarding rumors and I was blown away by how accurate your were. Thanks for all the info you share!

It's a shame they aren't adding an attraction. That really lessens the value of it for me....oh well.

Thanks again!

doctornick

Original Poster
Do you think that they will slowly release other updates and new attractions that they did not confirm?

They usually have a "State of the World" press conference every October IIRC and would be a good place for an announcement later this year or in 2019.

And, really, there's no reason that Disney can't just call a press conference to announce something. Independence Day in Brazil is Sept 7, maybe do something then?

huwar18

They usually have a "State of the World" press conference every October IIRC and would be a good place for an announcement later this year or in 2019.

And, really, there's no reason that Disney can't just call a press conference to announce something. Independence Day in Brazil is Sept 7, maybe do something then?

I figured they would announce other additions slowly. Part of me thinks they will do that because they are waiting for Universal to make a follow-up announcement. I don't know how much it really matters to Disney but Universal is trying to even the playing field.

clemmo

Isn't there some kind of special epcot 35th event that sold out or something later this year? I'm wondering if this could be announced then. Would seem like a nice surprise for the birthday and an appropriate place to do an announcement without waiting 2 years.

Edit: for anyone who knows how long would a pavilion take to be built. Since it's bigger than a standalone ride but smaller than a land I'm not too sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom