Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximumEd

Thanks for the response, and all the info. I'm new to the boards and so I listened cautiously to what you and others had to say regarding rumors and I was blown away by how accurate your were. Thanks for all the info you share!

It's a shame they aren't adding an attraction. That really lessens the value of it for me....oh well.

Thanks again!

Same here. No ride or attraction would be a big disappointment to me. Epcot was laid out to have the ability to absorb really, really big crowds. It needs things to do. Brazil could use an Amazon boat ride, or some kind of big people eater. If any of the other 3 parks could really pull the crowd load off MK, it's Epcot, provided the attraction count was stepped up. I'd like to see a ride or attraction in every country, provided it was thematically appropriate and I got to give the final thumbs up or down. A guy can dream, right?

EPCOTCenterLover

With World Showcase needing capacity, why wouldn't the suits approve an attraction to go with the Brazil pavilion? Is it just a case of money?

Maeryk

does anyone know if the countries still sponsor their specific pavilions or not? Brazil's economy isn't so hot right now.. and they are having some governmental issues (or were, recently). I know Disney considers Brazil (or did) to be a huge, relatively untapped market for tourists.

Just4Pics

Same here. No ride or attraction would be a big disappointment to me. Epcot was laid out to have the ability to absorb really, really big crowds. It needs things to do. Brazil could use an Amazon boat ride, or some kind of big people eater. If any of the other 3 parks could really pull the crowd load off MK, it's Epcot, provided the attraction count was stepped up. I'd like to see a ride or attraction in every country, provided it was thematically appropriate and I got to give the final thumbs up or down. A guy can dream, right?

I think that the WS is severely lacking in stuff to do, especially given it's size. As far as I'm concerned gift shops and restaurants are not attractions when you have to pay $100+ to get in. There has to be something there.

I do think they are starting to fix this though, which is good.

Rider

I believe Morocco was the only pavilion backed by the actual country. All the rest were by corporations located in the countries.

Maeryk

Australians usually go to Disneyland as well.

They do. But not in the numbers Disney wants to attract, and generally not in school trips, etc. Brazil is a huge market for Orlando.. not just in tourism, but property sales as well. They are actively courting Brazilian tourists.

Maeryk

Serious question: how many Brazilian groups do they expect will be buying Brazilian food and souvenirs on their trip to America?

How many Americans go through the America pavilion? Plus, it's more than that. The pavilions have always been low (and sometimes high) key tourism adverts for the countries they represent. Putting in a Brazil pavilion ties into Disney's creation of a wrapped plane for the brazil/orlando flight, it brings in Brazilians to work the pavilion under their usual exchange system, and gives visiting Brazilians a touchpoint.

Rider

How many Americans go through the America pavilion? Plus, it's more than that. The pavilions have always been low (and sometimes high) key tourism adverts for the countries they represent. Putting in a Brazil pavilion ties into Disney's creation of a wrapped plane for the brazil/orlando flight, it brings in Brazilians to work the pavilion under their usual exchange system, and gives visiting Brazilians a touchpoint.

Americans aren't taking an exotic trip to another country when they go to Epcot. And I suspect most don't buy non-Disney souvenirs for sale in one of the smallest shops in the park or eat at the restaurant because they want to try an American interpretation of American cuisine.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to a Brazil pavilion. South America should have representation and Brazil would be as good as any other. I just question speculation that they are doing this solely to get the tour groups to visit Epcot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom