Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCast

I think the real question is 'Are they planning on opening a resort around the 50th?'
We know the two coming before (CSR tower and CBR DVC).

I would hope so. Whatever they do decide to do, I hope they are near enough to a park where guests have their own special entrance. Thinking Crescent Lake resorts or Disney's Grand Californian w/ DCA.

Bocabear

I almost want to see Disney try a Tatooine resort. :rolleyes:

Sand. Sand everywhere. No pools, water's too precious. You just hang out in your over priced moisture farm condo, sweating it out, drinking bantha milk to try to stay cool.

Actually, that would be a great way for Disney to push people to the water parks.

Endor's moon would be the big hit with the kiddos. A treehouse themed playground would be pretty fun, but staying in an actual treehouse (only like 4 or 5 feet off the ground of course) would be even better.
But we all know we would end up with a plain box Motel 6 Structure with gigantic oversized fiberglass C-3PO and Banthas, Giant Fiberglas Space ships standing next to the stairwells...

bhg469

They certainly aren't changing CSR into Naboo. They are turning it into a business-level resort with a giant tower.
In well aware dude.. Chill for a moment and just think that a star wars resort is likely not happening anytime soon and if it does it will be an all star resort with a fiber glass wookie covering the stairwell

PorterRedkey

Now, let's not get testy. And let's not use alternative facts. I most certainly do not swear the SWE is opening in 2021. I have said for a long time that it would be 2020. I'm fully aware of what Bob Iger said. I'm also aware he said Pandora was opening in 2015. And that Hyperion Wharf was coming to WDW. I could go on ... if the point is I am not right all the time, then you need to be taken out into the swamps, tied up, shot and fed to the gators. No, no .. I'm kidding. But let's just stick with what I actually say.

I would agree with this!
I respect your information and I think you are a valued contributor here, but you said DHS Star Wars land would open 2 years after the DL version. Even if the DHS version opens in 2020, it would still not be anywhere close to 2 years later.

You are right so often, that I thought you might admit to a mistake on this one. I realize Disney deadlines have not been solid of late (see RoL), but their openings will not be 2 years apart. To not admit that mistake, hurts your credibility if only a pinch.

I'm trying to help and not be a d*ck.

PorterRedkey

Why aim so low? A C or D level attraction? You know if they at least aim for an E they will value engineer it down to a C or D...If you aim for a C or D attraction they will end up just building a gift shop...lol
Sad but seems to be true... EPCOT would be amazingly relevant and not have to depend on the festivals for attendance if they had just built the attractions they originally planned... TDO's own lack of action refurbishing, refreshing and updating attractions led to the state the park is currently in...
I think that is why Indy at DL is so great! Baxter had an ambitious ride that included JC, the train and possibly a coaster as well. All in addition to the ride we got. They cut 66% of the product, but it still is a Super-E.

Note to Imagineers: Aim higher than you think you can realistically achieve. That way once the accountants get a hold of the plan you will still have an E-ticket.

rushtest4echo

I respect your information and I think you are a valued contributor here, but you said DHS Star Wars land would open 2 years after the DL version. Even if the DHS version opens in 2020, it would still not be anywhere close to 2 years later.

You are right so often, that I thought you might admit to a mistake on this one. I realize Disney deadlines have not been solid of late (see RoL), but their openings will not be 2 years apart. To not admit that mistake, hurts your credibility if only a pinch.

Tabloids dont redact stories. This isn't the first time he attacks a messenger for pointing out inaccuracies in his 'reporting'. Opinions is another matter, but nobody's trying to correct those.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Just seeing how much was planned makes me sad :(
Where was the Noah's Ark show supposed to go? I'd guess Israel, but I thought that pavilion was canceled in the 80s?

I thought that show was for Disney-MGM Studios. On the site where Fantasmic sits. Even it was being moved to EPCOT, by that point Israel was long gone from serious consideration.

WDW1974

Yes, Med was between TTC and Comtemp. Kingdom Suites were on Seven Seas where the MK busses unload now.

Buffalo was in Fort Wilderness.

Let's hope that stays dead and buried. There are almost no natural areas left on property (or off it for that matter).

WDW1974

I'd say the idea of the Star Wars resort is compelling if its an actual themed resort and not a 'giant Star Wars decoration' style value.

Oh, it's a real one. But I am not of the belief that we should take what's ruining the parks -- IP based on hot properties and franchises -- and turn that on to the resorts. So, this won't be compelling much to me. But I am sure the masses will eat it up.

Funmeister

Why would they bring back Buffalo Junction? It seems to be another variation of FW in terms of theming, right?

The original version was so cool. Can never happen now as it utilized the now defunct Fort Wilderness Railroad.

WDW1974

And why is it so important for you for me to ... what are your words? "Admit my mistake?"
The timeline has changed and I have reflected that in my posts for quite a while.
Sometimes, I think people here just want others, especially but in no way limited to me, to be wrong. It's sorta weird and strange and, perhaps, even sick.

I don't see how anything is better by me saying, "You know when I said the SWE wouldn't open at WDW until two years after DLR? And now they have pushed up their timeline, so it should open within a very fast window of the other, possibly even at the same time if they delay Anaheim, which I think they will for testing/adjusting."

How does that help anything? I just said it, so you should be happy. Things change all the time on projects like this ...but I at least get the info, vet it and place it out as quickly and responsibly as I can for fans.

I just admitted it. Does that make you happy or joyful? Do you demand the same of every poster here?
I'm just trying to understand the motivation and why it is important. Because I'll take you at your word that you are not trying to be a d*ck. But I would hope you realize that others are here posting about me just well ...because they are. Would you agree with that?

Creathir

Premium Member
Oh, it's a real one. But I am not of the belief that we should take what's ruining the parks -- IP based on hot properties and franchises -- and turn that on to the resorts. So, this won't be compelling much to me. But I am sure the masses will eat it up.

I don't think I would call Star Wars a "hot property" like it was the flavor of the month.

Give credit where it is due: this IP is the most successful of all time.

Disney would be literally insane not to capitalize on their purchase, and frankly I think it would be a wise move, if THEMED, that would result in a great amount of money for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom