Brazil in World Showcase (Confirmed by Vinylmation?)

WDW FTW

Well with the world cup just ending and all the temporary new soccer fans doing the bandwagon with brazil that could give disney that extra push to put it in :)

Crazy Harry

Sugarloaf Mountain, arguably the most iconic natural landmark in Brazil... and probably wouldn't cause as much controversy as Christ the Redeemer. :animwink:

I find it very disappointing that a depiction of Christ is considered controversial. I agree that it probaly would be, which is what I believe to be the shame. After all, WS to start off with is by no means secular with representations of various religions already such as the muslem prayer tower in Morocco, the buddist pagoda in Japan, and the Mexican temple to Quetzulcoatl the god of life in Mexico just to name a few. These may not be as overt as a statue of Christ, but are certainly representations of other religions. If these representations are exceptable, why not a statue of Jesus?

MarkTwain

I find it very disappointing that a depiction of Christ is considered controversial. I agree that it probaly would be, which is what I believe to be the shame. After all, WS to start off with is by no means secular with representations of various religions already such as the muslem prayer tower in Morocco, the buddist pagoda in Japan, and the Mexican temple to Quetzulcoatl the god of life in Mexico just to name a few. These may not be as overt as a statue of Christ, but are certainly representations of other religions. If these representations are exceptable, why not a statue of Jesus?

I agree with you, and I'm not saying that I find the idea objectionable - just that there are many that would. And unfortunately, that alone would be reason enough for Disney to not build it.

karl75

Things that could make the brazilian pavilion.

Football (sorry soccer). Beach and grass.
Samba.
Beach Volley. Ladies team to play twice daily.
and with brazil hosting the next world cup in 4 years time that gives disney enough time to prepare themselves for that cash cow.

On that note does anyone know if Great Britain/England pavilion is doing anything for the olympics when they are in London in 2012?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I collected them, it would be just my luck I would be looking for a Canada flag only to find that 45 Brazilian Vinylmations have cut to the front of the box...
This is the very reason I own zero vinylmations. There have been a couple of series of figures that I like but there is no way that I am going to buy figure after figure hoping that I get the ones I need nor will I buy a full case or an inflated price for a full set on ebay.

zurgandfriend

I said this before in another post with Rio de Janerio hosting the 2016 Olympic Games Brazil is a logical addition to the world showcase.

dreamfinder

This is the very reason I own zero vinylmations. There have been a couple of series of figures that I like but there is no way that I am going to buy figure after figure hoping that I get the ones I need nor will I buy a full case or an inflated price for a full set on ebay.

Which is why they wisely have started to push trading. Both mystery and non at the stores. And there is a fairly strong trading community online, and Disney had scheduled trading nights, the same way they do with pins.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Which is why they wisely have started to push trading. Both mystery and non at the stores. And there is a fairly strong trading community online, and Disney had scheduled trading nights, the same way they do with pins.
Still just not my thing. I do not care for the trading aspect. If there is a series of something I want to collect I want to buy it and be done with it. I am fine with certain pieces being harder to find than others but I have no desire to purchase a mystery grab bag and hope for the best or work out a deal to trade for it. I can see the appeal it is just not my scene.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I agree with you, and I'm not saying that I find the idea objectionable - just that there are many that would. And unfortunately, that alone would be reason enough for Disney to not build it.
Yes, I personally wouldn't find it objectionable to have a representation of christ (of course, being an atheist, I
guess it doesn't matter what statue of who they put upthey put up, it's all the same to me :lookaroun). But, a HUGE Christ towering over the pavilion (which would match the landscape of Rio) probably would bring attention that Disney would avoid if at all possible. Maybe they'd put a version of it in a mural, or forced perspective smaller version and it would draw less attention.

Though I do agree with you that it shouldn't be an issue, as it is such a large part of the culture and landscape of Brazil, I just think it's the kind of thing that Disney likes to stay away from if at all possible. It's such a vast country with a multitude of regions and areas to draw from, I think they'd just go a different route.

Of course, it also could just be avoided if they added an Amazon area to AK.

71jason

I could see a Disnified Brazilian steakhouse (ala Texas de Brazil on I-Drive) easily becoming the new "must-get" ADR.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

I own zero vinylmations cause I think they are ugly little pieces of plastic....

Mansion Butler

I could see a Disnified Brazilian steakhouse (ala Texas de Brazil on I-Drive) easily becoming the new "must-get" ADR.
I know a lot of people who have been to Brazilian steakhouses and want them to become the next restaurant style to dominate the country. I hadn't even thought of that.

Brazil would, indeed, be pretty cool. And I'm sure Disney has already thought of all of this and has their own reasons it hasn't happened and won't happen. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom