Brazil in World Showcase (Confirmed by Vinylmation?)

jakeman

Could someone help me out here?

Can you choose which Vinylmation you get? I thought the boxes were sealed and it was a "surprise" (like Cracker Jack)?

Tomi-Rocket

Personally, I'd much rather see Russia or Australia added to WS. Especially Australia, it's a whole continent and has no representation, except Kip, our CM server at Crystal Palace. :D

CedricCSCFL

On Sunday at the Trade City event at Epcot's World Showplace, I talked to Donald Ferro, Franchise Development at Walt Disney Company (person who supervises the new Vinylmation release) and asked him about the Brazil Vinylmation.

He told me that they needed one more country (to have 12 in the set -- a magic number of sorts) and that Brazil was chosen for marketing reasons, and not because the country was going to be added to the World Showcase, otherwise they would've had a Spain Vinylmation.

(... okay, I made up the last part about Spain).

But anyways, the World Showcase Vinylmations will be an "open" series, so that guests can get the one of the country they have an affinity toward.

Glad I could help. No salt needed. It's already well-seasoned :)

SeaBase86

If they did Brazil what would be the main symbol? It's really had to depict that country. Since with movies like City Of God and City Of Men depicting what really goes on in the dark side of Rio. It would be really challenging.

Kamikaze

Personally, I'd much rather see Russia or Australia added to WS. Especially Australia, it's a whole continent and has no representation, except Kip, our CM server at Crystal Palace. :D

Australia would be better represented by a land at AK.

If they did Brazil what would be the main symbol? It's really had to depict that country. Since with movies like City Of God and City Of Men depicting what really goes on in the dark side of Rio. It would be really challenging.

The giant Jesus statue?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
The giant Jesus statue?

That was my first thought, then I kind of figured it wouldn't fly on a secular note. Maybe they could turn part of the lagoon into a "beach" (probably non-accessible kind of like the gondolas in Italy) and do a beachfront Rio area. Or go straight for something with the Amazon river, or the Foz de Iguacu.

MickeyMind

I dont have a problem with Brazil, they could probably work out a good water ride, EPCOT NEEDS A WATER RIDE and I dont care which country brings it in, as long as they bring it.. give us a carbon copy of splash I DONT CARE but give epcot a water ride! Thank You

SeaCastle

That was my first thought, then I kind of figured it wouldn't fly on a secular note. Maybe they could turn part of the lagoon into a "beach" (probably non-accessible kind of like the gondolas in Italy) and do a beachfront Rio area. Or go straight for something with the Amazon river, or the Foz de Iguacu.

Well, EPCOT does have the Candlelight Processional. That's pretty non-secular. :shrug:

I dont have a problem with Brazil, they could probably work out a good water ride, EPCOT NEEDS A WATER RIDE and I dont care which country brings it in, as long as they bring it.. give us a carbon copy of splash I DONT CARE but give epcot a water ride! Thank You

You got Living with the Land, Maelstrom, Gran Fiesta Tour, and the Seas Pavilion. :lol: There's been chatter of building the Rhine River Cruise in Germany, but I'm not sure if that's a real concept or wishful thinking.

If any park needs a water ride, I think it's the Studios.

MickeyMind

Well, EPCOT does have the Candlelight Processional. That's pretty non-secular. :shrug:

You got Living with the Land, Maelstrom, Gran Fiesta Tour, and the Seas Pavilion. :lol: There's been chatter of building the Rhine River Cruise in Germany, but I'm not sure if that's a real concept or wishful thinking.

If any park needs a water ride, I think it's the Studios

Those are definitly not what I mean when I say water ride! :lol:
Both epcot and the studios need a water ride, this is florida, its too hott to not have a water ride in each park

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Those are definitly not what I mean when I say water ride! :lol:
Both epcot and the studios need a water ride, this is florida, its too hott to not have a water ride in each park

Like SeaCastle already said, there already ARE water rides at Epcot.

Mouse Detective

I'm hoping they staff the Brazil pavilion with the girls from Ipanema....in their thong bathing suits! Would be a good draw. And 9 year old pickpockets. Gotta have those. And a representation of a rain forest. But with half of it chopped down.

Bork Bork

There's been chatter of building the Rhine River Cruise in Germany, but I'm not sure if that's a real concept or wishful thinking.

Oh, there's definitely a concept. Unfortunately it seems long dead.:(

GermanyRhine.jpg

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I'm hoping they staff the Brazil pavilion with the girls from Ipanema....in their thong bathing suits! Would be a good draw. And pickpockets. Gotta have those. And a representation of a rain forest. But with half of it chopped down.

Also... lots of swearing in Portuguese among the International CMs, also... line cutting, if they have an attraction or show. :king::lookaroun

MarkTwain

On Sunday at the Trade City event at Epcot's World Showplace, I talked to Donald Ferro, Franchise Development at Walt Disney Company (person who supervises the new Vinylmation release) and asked him about the Brazil Vinylmation.

He told me that they needed one more country (to have 12 in the set -- a magic number of sorts) and that Brazil was chosen for marketing reasons, and not because the country was going to be added to the World Showcase, otherwise they would've had a Spain Vinylmation.

(... okay, I made up the last part about Spain).

But anyways, the World Showcase Vinylmations will be an "open" series, so that guests can get the one of the country they have an affinity toward.

Glad I could help. No salt needed. It's already well-seasoned :)

This makes far too much sense. Off with his head! :fork:

...Ehh, just kidding. :lol:

2732379404_ab4f48d7d0_o.jpg

Sugarloaf Mountain, arguably the most iconic natural landmark in Brazil... and probably wouldn't cause as much controversy as Christ the Redeemer. :animwink:

And I disagree that it would be tough to depict Brazil in a positive light... Disney themselves did a fine job with it in a little short from the Three Caballeros. Perhaps you could consider this concept art for the pavilion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMG4wObPa5o

Brazil has many positive things it could contribute to World Showcase... lush rainforests, sandy beaches, historic architecture, beautiful girls, great food, awesome street parties, and the samba. (I sound like a spammer for a Brazilian tour company :ROFLOL:)

All hypothetical, of course. I highly doubt this is happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom