Brazil in World Showcase (Confirmed by Vinylmation?)

Thrill Seeker

I really hope not... There are many other countries that would be far better additions to the World Showcase than Brazil. Not only that, but that would be death for those working in Epcot during the summer when the tour groups are in town...

wizards8507

There are many other countries that would be far better additions to the World Showcase than Brazil.

You say that fairly definitively. It's the fifth largest country in the world both in geography and population. It has a rich history and strong culture. What scale are you using to determine "far better additions?"

Thrill

You say that fairly definitively. It's the fifth largest country in the world both in geography and population. It has a rich history and strong culture. What scale are you using to determine "far better additions?"

Plus South America has no representation in either World Showcase or Animal Kingdom. Brazil is pretty high up on my list of countries that should be added to World Showcase for that reason.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think the most logical conclusion is that Disney is incredibly popular with Brazilian tourists and Disney thinks the addition of a Brazilian figure in the Vinalmation line will increase sales.

CBOMB

I think the most logical conclusion is that Disney is incredibly popular with Brazilian tourists and Disney thinks the addition of a Brazilian figure in the Vinalmation line will increase sales.
Let's leave logic out of any future discussions. Let's just run with the fact we know Brazil will be the next country added to the WS. All we have to do now is make up an opening date.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Right along with the lines that Disney selling Dreamfinder merchandise means that ride is coming back.....

Kamikaze

I really hope not... There are many other countries that would be far better additions to the World Showcase than Brazil. Not only that, but that would be death for those working in Epcot during the summer when the tour groups are in town...

Huge number of South American visitors. No South American representation. Sounds like a no brainer decision to me.

The countries that get mentioned here a lot don't send many visitors to WDW. Thats a big part of the equation. Yes, its here for others to learn about the countries, but Disney wants it to be a two way street.

kaos

Let's leave logic out of any future discussions. Let's just run with the fact we know Brazil will be the next country added to the WS. All we have to do now is make up an opening date.

The voices in my head say tomorrow...:hammer:

I agree with Master Yoda on this one... With all the Brazillian tour groups descending upon WDW, it only makes sense! How much would you pay for a Vinylmation figure with your countries flag on it?:animwink: (it's also not the first time a 12th flag for a non-represented country was on Epcot merchandise- Israel, Spain, Egypt and Venezuala had merchandise in the past with flags/logos/icons from those countries at one point in time)

kaos

Right along with the lines that Disney selling Dreamfinder merchandise means that ride is coming back.....

But he IS coming back... In fact, he was on South Park recently gearing up for his big release back into the public (however, Figment was not present with him...)

Tigger1988

I'm also expecting Epcot to be renamed EPCOT Center within the year, I mean...I saw a whole rack of shirts saying it!

The logical explanation is that it'll sell like hotcakes given the amount of visitors from Brazil.

Scar

Production, and distribution, for Vinylmation are consistently in sets of 12. Usually, it is 11 announced and 1 "chaser" vinylmation. I can't remember a Vinylmation set of just 11.

As Master Yoda mentioned, in this case, it looks like in place of a "chaser" they went ahead and picked the flag that would sell the most (in addition to the other 11): Brazil.

bgraham34

I'm also expecting Epcot to be renamed EPCOT Center within the year, I mean...I saw a whole rack of shirts saying it!

The logical explanation is that it'll sell like hotcakes given the amount of visitors from Brazil.

I would love for them to rename the park and it certainly is a possibility. And why not rename it and announce that a new country will be added at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom