Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

ToTBellHop

Offensive...very.
In Rio, the water is toxic and it's a dangerous city.

That's offensive? I'm sorry you find facts offensive.

Crime in Brazil has had an increase in violent and non-violent crimes.[1] According to most sources, Brazil has high rates of violent crimes, such as murders and robberies. The homicide rate was getting smaller, but has started going back up from 2006 onwards. In 2010 it was above 25 homicides per 100,000 people. This makes is one of the 20 worst rates in the world.[2]

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/world/americas/brazil-rio-water-olympics.html

Ripken10

Crime in Brazil has had an increase in violent and non-violent crimes.[1] According to most sources, Brazil has high rates of violent crimes, such as murders and robberies. The homicide rate was getting smaller, but has started going back up from 2006 onwards. In 2010 it was above 25 homicides per 100,000 people. This makes is one of the 20 worst rates in the world.[2]

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/world/americas/brazil-rio-water-olympics.html
While I agree it is a high crime rate, many US cities are much larger. Rio has 29.9 homicides per 100,000, Baltimore had 55.7 per 100,000 and Detroit had 48.2.

Regardless, I think saying a city in Brazil as dangerous seems pretty justified, just as one could say the same as many cities in the US.

ToTBellHop

While I agree it is a high crime rate, many US cities are much larger. Rio has 29.9 homicides per 100,000, Baltimore had 55.7 per 100,000 and Detroit had 48.2.

Regardless, I think saying a city in Brazil as dangerous seems pretty justified, just as one could say the same as many cities in the US.
And we have cities with toxic water, too...

I would never suggest that the USA is anywhere near the top 10 "best" countries in the world.

Pinkpearl

The drinking water in Rio and some areas of sao Paulo is but it's due to older cities having insufficient piping and plumbing. Not the swimming water or the beaches. Be more clear.

And ,yes, there is crime in Brazil but the US has more. Rio is dangerous but only if you enter certain areas and the Favelas. The stats you have are out dated and we have been working on lowering the crime.
Right now,everyone is dealing with politics. We aren't perfect but making fun of it is horrible. That was uncalled for.

BESIDES!! This place is for the pavilion, not offending a Brazilian over her home.

ImperfectPixie

Could someone whip up a Batman signal with Mom on it in Photoshop real quick, please?
Ask, and ye shall receive...

Last edited:

sndral

...Seriously, I don't need an E ticket, don't need anything crazy, just another beautifully designed pavilion with a mid-tier attraction, some good food and drink, a museum display, and a couple spots to sit back and look at some nice greenery...
Unless I’m misremembering there will be no attraction, not E ticket, not mid-tier, nothing. I am not optimistic, lately disney’s designs have been lacking, IMO, so whether they can succeed in designing and building a ‘beautifully designed pavillion’ remains to be seen. I can almost guaranty there’ll be a couple of over priced restaurants selling food and booze and some kind of shop selling...overpriced stuff.

aladdin2007

Unless I’m misremembering there will be no attraction, not E ticket, not mid-tier, nothing. I am not optimistic, lately disney’s designs have been lacking, IMO, so whether they can succeed in designing and building a ‘beautifully designed pavillion’ remains to be seen. I can almost guaranty there’ll be a couple of over priced restaurants selling food and booze and some kind of shop selling...overpriced stuff.

just another giant bar and excuse to sell booze by the sound of it. And since our best insider liked this post first, its very telling, I think anyway.

RoysCabin

That's really too bad, if it all ends up that way. I do mean it when I say I don't need a lot to be happy with what's there, but it shouldn't be too much to at least ask for a decent museum display or a film; I can live without a ride, pavilions like Japan are still among my favorite, but guess we'll just have to hold out hope that real effort's put in, attractions or not.

Princess Leia

Okay, I'm going to start off with my criteria for this:
  • Ride- 5 points
  • Film- 4 points
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Mixtape Live/whatever band is playing across American Adventure- 3 points
  • Smaller live acts- 2.5 points
  • Meet & Greet- 2 points
  • Table Service Restaurant- 1 point
  • Quick Service- .5 point
  • Snack or Bar- .25 point
  • Shop- .1 point
This is what the World Showcase in 2019 looks like (pretend that O Canada and Regal Eagle are already open)

And this is what it will potentially look like in 2022 (I'm obviously guessing with Brazil):

How does today compare to the future?
  1. Mexico (15.5)
  2. France (14.05)
  3. China (12.95)
  4. USA (12.85)
  5. Norway (11.2)
  6. Morocco (9.5)
  7. United Kingdom (9.35)
  8. Japan (8.45)
  9. Canada (7.95)
  10. Germany (6.9)
  11. Italy (5.3)
  1. France (23.3)
  2. Mexico (15.5)
  3. United Kingdom (14.4)
  4. China (12.95)
  5. USA (12.85)
  6. Norway (11.2)
  7. Morocco (9.5)
  8. Japan (8.45)
  9. Canada (7.95)
  10. Germany (6.9)
  11. Italy (5.3)
  12. Brazil (4.45?)
So, what will change? For starters, the UK jumps from 7 to 3, just by adding a ride. France will pass Mexico and become the undisputed #1 of the World Showcase with the additions of the Beauty and the Beast singalong and the Ratatouille ride.

The Germany-Brazil-Italy block will arguably be the least developed of the bunch. For being the first country added in decades, Brazil should be getting a lot more than what we're expecting it to get (zero attractions). Germany and Italy should both be further developed as well (I rarely spend any time in the Italian pavilion, just because there isn't as much to do). Germany should receive the ride it is due, and Italy could have a smaller exhibit of sorts, like a Roman ruins gallery OR a mock Roman ruins area in the back for kids to play on (I have no idea what this would look like, I'm just trying to come up with something original). Canada should have an additional restaurant (QS poutine) and Japan should receive its show or ride. Japan, China, and the US currently have the same number of things to do, but because 5/9 things in Japan are food, it ranks lower, whereas China and the US have attractions.

HauntedMansionFLA

Okay, I'm going to start off with my criteria for this:
  • Ride- 5 points
  • Film- 4 points
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Mixtape Live/whatever band is playing across American Adventure- 3 points
  • Smaller live acts- 2.5 points
  • Meet & Greet- 2 points
  • Table Service Restaurant- 1 point
  • Quick Service- .5 point
  • Snack or Bar- .25 point
  • Shop- .1 point
This is what the World Showcase in 2019 looks like (pretend that O Canada and Regal Eagle are already open)

View attachment 397999

And this is what it will potentially look like in 2022 (I'm obviously guessing with Brazil):
View attachment 398000

How does today compare to the future?
  1. Mexico (15.5)
  2. France (14.05)
  3. China (12.95)
  4. USA (12.85)
  5. Norway (11.2)
  6. Morocco (9.5)
  7. United Kingdom (9.35)
  8. Japan (8.45)
  9. Canada (7.95)
  10. Germany (6.9)
  11. Italy (5.3)
  1. France (23.3)
  2. Mexico (15.5)
  3. United Kingdom (14.4)
  4. China (12.95)
  5. USA (12.85)
  6. Norway (11.2)
  7. Morocco (9.5)
  8. Japan (8.45)
  9. Canada (7.95)
  10. Germany (6.9)
  11. Italy (5.3)
  12. Brazil (4.45?)
So, what will change? For starters, the UK jumps from 7 to 3, just by adding a ride. France will pass Mexico and become the undisputed #1 of the World Showcase with the additions of the Beauty and the Beast singalong and the Ratatouille ride.

The Germany-Brazil-Italy block will arguably be the least developed of the bunch. For being the first country added in decades, Brazil should be getting a lot more than what we're expecting it to get (zero attractions). Germany and Italy should both be further developed as well (I rarely spend any time in the Italian pavilion, just because there isn't as much to do). Germany should receive the ride it is due, and Italy could have a smaller exhibit of sorts, like a Roman ruins gallery OR a mock Roman ruins area in the back for kids to play on (I have no idea what this would look like, I'm just trying to come up with something original). Canada should have an additional restaurant (QS poutine) and Japan should receive its show or ride. Japan, China, and the US currently have the same number of things to do, but because 5/9 things in Japan are food, it ranks lower, whereas China and the US have attractions.
Love the Ross Perot charts.
If you are going to make your point on a subject, this is the way to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom