Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

AdrielAmbroz

Maybe something like this

0717100500a.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
BLT was half built and it’s existence was still officially denied.
Um...who doubted a vacation club tower to replace crapped out rooms that couldn’t be sold for a high price?
Even I wouldn’t doubt something so obvious.
I think their point is that DVC is the exception, not the rule when it comes to Disney. They tend to announce way early (Pandora, for example) whilst Universal announces way late.
Yes...which is the pattern to only those not dusted Enough to be willing to accept the concept of a “pattern”
There’s been substantial rumours apparently.
Are you stating or asking?
I expect work to be underway by year end unless it’s cancelled.
Well that’s as clear as Mud 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does that come with coffee?
...I prefer tea

But I let myself wander mentally into this world of new countries - and the thought occurred: what If they announce a new country and nobody cares?

I don’t think the excitement would be incredibly high in this one...especially with no attraction.

I’ll talk about it with the shovels...when they show up 😉

FullSailDan

...I prefer tea

But I let myself wander mentally into this world of new countries - and the thought occurred: what If they announce a new country and nobody cares?

I don’t think the excitement would be incredibly high in this one...especially with no attraction.

I'm sort of in this boat. I basically have zero interest in a Brazil pavilion if its just shops and a restaurant. It's weird because I'm happy to go to the others without major attractions. I guess I'm not really sure what I'd want from South America culture/food/goods wise. I fear they spend a bunch of money building it and it turns into Canada which always seems to be empty. Even the shops of Morocco struggle to get people to wander through them. I'm also much less enticed to walk into a space that has a giant Jesus hovering over it. My heathenish presence might instantly invoke the rapture!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
...I prefer tea

Ours is not to reason why.

Kamikaze

...I prefer tea

Its still something new to do and see, and in this particular case, it isn't replacing something existing. Could it be better? Sure. But its better than nothing at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sort of in this boat. I basically have zero interest in a Brazil pavilion if its just shops and a restaurant. It's weird because I'm happy to go to the others without major attractions. I guess I'm not really sure what I'd want from South America culture/food/goods wise. I fear they spend a bunch of money building it and it turns into Canada which always seems to be empty. Even the shops of Morocco struggle to get people to wander through them. I'm also much less enticed to walk into a space that has a giant Jesus hovering over it. My heathenish presence might instantly invoke the rapture!
They are basically expensive amusement parks...the way to generate interest will always be in “amusements”...this stated plan doesn’t do that at all.
There probably won’t be one.
If they are wise...I’m with Dan on this. Other than to by Marty drinks at the bar, I would be loathe to go into something that’s so obtuse to the state of the world in 2020 with that type of representation.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ours is not to reason why.
Its still something new to do and see, and in this particular case, it isn't replacing something existing. Could it be better? Sure. But its better than nothing at all.

Is it though?

This kinda brings us back full circle on the oft suggested, but ultimately busted “new country” theories.

If we are lukewarm...then I’m 100% certain that the data mine knows that.
They wouldn’t build this for tour groups. There’s no guarantee of their longevity to support this type of overhead commitment. And it’s a tad more than getting a sponsor. This management will build...but only when they feel the capex is 99% compelling to do so. They have been right for the most part (tbd on the big dog)...so I wonder what the outlook is way above WDI’s paygrade?

Hint and innuendo is a valuable thing anyway...look at how much we have looked at Epcot these last 2 years? It’s got more buzz that it should and that is a Disney serving goal as well. They are hawking moderate timeshares at $200 a point with a hot box on a wire connected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom