Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Missing20K

Africa is the best themed land at WDW. To group it with Adventureland is laughable. In fact, Africa is a far more accurate portrayal of Africa than any pavilion in Epcot is compared to its representative country.
Africa at AK is themed to a time and place in Sub-Saharan East Africa. To try and say it is an accurate portrayal of an entire continent is a bit of a stretch.

MotherOfBirds

Africa is the best themed land at WDW. To group it with Adventureland is laughable. In fact, Africa is a far more accurate portrayal of Africa than any pavilion in Epcot is compared to its representative country.

I wasn't referring to the quality of AK's Africa with regards to Adventureland. Africa is an enormous continent, but we only see very homogenized representations of it as a whole, not as individual countries. WS has five European countries while the rest of the world is woefully underrepresented.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I agree with this, but building a Sub-Saharan African country in Epcot would be redundant at this point. An African addition at this point would need to be a country that contrasts to Sub-Saharan Africa... like Egypt,
Actually I'd argue the opposite. Epcot already has Morroco, what they need is a sub-saharan African nation.

Africa at AK and any African nation at Epcot would not be redundant at all for a couple of reasons - the themes would be very much different, and Epcot would be representative of a single country or culture as opposed to Africa in AK, which does not reference a real place.

HauntedMansionFLA

Is this still earmarked for the space between Germany and Italy?

I believe that's the backstage support facility for Candlelight, which includes dressing areas and restrooms for performers, along with a full-scale copy of the stage.

Because the real stage is entirely open to guest walkways, rehearsals can't take place during park hours, and given the ever-changing lineup of choir groups in the show, overnight rehearsals aren't practical. Instead, they created a copy of the stage in the semi-permanent complex to allow the blocking to be rehearsed daily with each new batch of performers.

Like the old Hat stage in the Studios, I believe it's classified as temporary construction (since it's really only needed for about a month of the year), so parts of it have to be removed at certain intervals and reconstructed in order to meet the relevant code criteria

EricsBiscuit

Hmmmm
BCE35562-9A84-46E4-BCCB-3E5124717C47.jpeg

Admiral01

Premium Member
Count my 8 year old son among the "weird"... Loves Epcot. When we've gone the last couple of times, we ended up at Epcot almost every night (we stayed at Beach Club) - and one of his top attractions? Spaceship Earth.

It probably comes as a shock to Disney, but I love EPCOT today as a 38 year old because I fell in love with the spectacular original EPCOT Center when I first visited as a 3 year old in 1984. Space Ship Earth, Universe of Energy, Listen to the Land, Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, and Horizons - I remember them vividly from visiting multiple days each year from 1984 on. El Tiempo del Rio was one of my favorites as a kid. Through the years we got The Living Seas, Wonders of Life, and Norway. It felt like EPCOT was always going to be a place of wonder.

I learned so much about the world from World Showcase. We have yet to visit real China and real Norway, but we’ve done the rest and not been disappointed in how the real country stacks up against its World Showcase incarnation.

I love EPCOT because of the original presentation. It was the best park on the planet for those first 15 or so years.

I don’t think liking EPCOT as a kid is weird. I think it helps you begin to feel comfortable exploring the world of technology, the future, and the world itself. The weird kids are the ones who are more excited to eat in a fake French castle rather than in the reproduction of a real French bistro.

MickeyMouse10

If I had a gun to my head and had to choose. I'd go with Spain, I think it can be more marketable IP and atmosphere wise. "Gigantic" is probably going to eventually be made and it could be a pretty cool ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom