Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

sedati

Are there any structures in the World Showcase depicting anything post 1900?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not sure what you mean by that. It was exactly what was claimed. Same with Rat winning out over BatB for France, which was a decision that happened relatively close to D23.
but who really knows anything?
Rat winning out over BatB happened many months prior to D23. It was about March 2017 I remember people like @marni1971 saying that they finally chose to do Ratatouille.
but who really knows anything?
I have a ton of your posts saved for a rainy day... 😉
But who really knows anything??

Purduevian

I'm curious if adding 2 TS restaurants and locations for drinks will actually improve food/drink sales in EPCOT that much. Unless Brazil is drawing more people into EPCOT and WS, people can only eat so much and will only pay so much to drink. The few "drinking around the world" people will spend the extra $10-$15, but for the most part won't this just eat into the profits of the other nearby restaurants and drink stands?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm curious if adding 2 TS restaurants and locations for drinks will actually improve food/drink sales in EPCOT that much. Unless Brazil is drawing more people into EPCOT and WS, people can only eat so much and will only pay so much to drink. The few "drinking around the world" people will spend the extra $10-$15, but for the most part won't this just eat into the profits of the other nearby restaurants and drink stands?

The advanced reservation system - I would suspect - allows them to control labor and overhead down to the penny.

So adding food and bev isn’t as expensive as it used to be. Before hard reservations...they would staff assuming 100% use. Now they staff 19% for a giving predictable 22% of use.

Love those magic bands 😎

The Pho

The advanced reservation system - I would suspect - allows them to control labor and overhead down to the penny.

So adding food and bev isn’t as expensive as it used to be. Before hard reservations...they would staff assuming 100% use. Now they staff 19% for a giving predictable 22% of use.

Love those magic bands 😎

Shouldn’t that not matter much since Disney doesn’t run many of the world showcase restaurants.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Shouldn’t that not matter much since Disney doesn’t run many of the world showcase restaurants.

So wouldn’t you say that makes more food and bev and even GREATER cost savings then?

I agree that they wouldn’t run them (I believe they still run 4 countries)...I was just commenting as to why they’d overdue food

The Pho

So wouldn’t you say that makes more food and bev and even GREATER cost savings then?

I agree that they wouldn’t run them (I believe they still run 4 countries)...I was just commenting as to why they’d overdue food

I was trying to recall which ones they do run vs which they don’t, hard to keep straight sometimes. Really I was just saying that staffing for a restaurant they won’t be running wouldn’t be a concern. So yes, it would be a source of revenue for them without operation costs, a bigger incentive to actually follow through.

WowFactor

Talking about ambiance, this will be a challenge for Imageneering. With the exception of Rio (with Christ) and Amazon, Brazil doesn't have an international appeal. I mean, the country is awesome has a lot of amazing places (i.e. Brasilia, Petar Park, Paraty, Lencois Maranhenses) but nothing that marks an big X saying "Oh now we're in Brazil"

Last edited:

Lensman

Talking about ambiance, this will be a challenge for Imageneering. With the exception of Rio (with Christ) and Amazon, Brazil doesn't have an international appeal. I mean, the country is awesome has a lot of amazing places (i.e. Brasilia, Petar Park, Paraty, Lencois Maranhenses) but nothing that marks an big X saying "Oh now we're in Brazil"
They could make the (arguably) safe choice and go with Portuguese colonial, reject World Showcase tradition and go with modern, or they could be bold and go with the well known but controversial favela like at the Rio Opening ceremony.

MickeyMouse10

They must not plan to put an attraction in the Brazil pavilion. Because at the moment there isn't anything worthy of one IP wise. Maybe they'll leave some space for "Gigantic" though in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom