Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

NiarrNDisney

I wonder if they'd try to revive the Rio IP with a sequel or tv treatment and leverage it in a pavilion attraction? Or the opposite. To me, the character IP exceeds the quality of the latest movie so it may be one of those weird IP situations where parks could help the pictures arm.

Rio is not a Disney IP

Lensman

20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Animation.
As I thought. So I was thinking that it would become Disney IP if Disney was successful in closing their acquisition of the bulk of Fox Entertainment Group.

20th Century Fox owns it, but I'm not sure if Blue Sky Animation maybe owns a part of it too.
Wikipedia says that 20th Century Fox bought Blue Sky Studios in 1997.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Whose IP is it? I thought it was 21st Century Fox, but I don't know about the specifics of the Rio IP.

It was made by Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Animation and distributed by 20th Century Fox. That being said I doubt even with the recent acquisition of Fox that the Mouse would use this IP in the rumoured Brazil pavilion since the last two movies were made years ago that is unless a future sequel was in the works and it proved to be a box office hit.

Lensman

It was made by Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Animation and distributed by 20th Century Fox. That being said I doubt even with the recent acquisition of Fox that the Mouse would use this IP in the rumoured Brazil pavilion since the last two movies were made years ago that is unless a future sequel was in the works and it proved to be a box office hit.
I wonder if they'd try to revive the Rio IP with a sequel or tv treatment and leverage it in a pavilion attraction? Or the opposite. To me, the character IP exceeds the quality of the latest movie so it may be one of those weird IP situations where parks could help the pictures arm.
(apologies for quoting myself, but I felt it useful to put my previous speculation as a reply, now that we've got a lively discussion about IP.

Note: I am not in favor of IP in World Showcase - though I do love Mary Poppins and will probably love the Rat Ride (despite the screenz :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did I miss something? Didn’t we already have a thread on this topic? Or was some new info released to confirm this is actually happening still?
It's a reaction to @The Mom 's gentle topic-drift correction in the Coco thread, which was in part a reaction to a @marni1971 mini-revelation.

My apologies. The @The Mom suggested having Brazil its own thread, I did a search in order to link in an existing dedicated thread, but somehow missed that one. So, I started a new one in error.

winstongator

That's true.

It's just a boxy building with several themed rooms. If the Frozen fever ever thaws, and you don't need three rooms of them, you can move the sisters into Norway. Or, more easily, incorporate them into the Akershus character breakfast and have them be the greeters in place of Belle.
With how poorly the short that went with Coco was received, I worry Frozen 2 May not do nearly as well as The original.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With how poorly the short that went with Coco was received, I worry Frozen 2 May not do nearly as well as The original.

I don’t think there’s any question that it will not be nearly the same.
To me, frozen is a lot like the lion king...a big cash flow and “release” for Disney that unfortunately isn’t that great of a movie. Soundtrack was a driver for both.

I can think of live action examples too.

Missing20K

I don’t think there’s any question that it will not be nearly the same.
To me, frozen is a lot like the lion king...a big cash flow and “release” for Disney that unfortunately isn’t that great of a movie. Soundtrack was a driver for both.

I can think of live action examples too.

It’s an animated Hamlet with animals and an awesome soundtrack.

I guess Shakespeare es no bueno?

yensidtlaw1969

Olaf's Frozen Adventure was so weirdly long that people were questioning if they were being shown a sequel to Frozen when they'd paid to see Coco.

Frozen has suffered some brand tarnishment, but I think there will be plenty of people who line up to see the new movie when they know that's what they're getting. The debacle with the short was less about people being fed up with Olaf and more about poor management of expectations about the Short-plus-Coco viewing experience.

Ripken10

My apologies. The @The Mom suggested having Brazil its own thread, I did a search in order to link in an existing dedicated thread, but somehow missed that one. So, I started a new one in error.
Ok, this comment had to make a few people laugh. Forgive me, cause I love how keep track of rumors here on this message board. But how does someone that spends so much time following the insiders "forget" that there was a thread about Brazil. I guess you only referenced it 3 times on your rumor tracker thread (including the most recent). Ok, I will move along now...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok, this comment had to make a few people laugh. Forgive me, cause I love how keep track of rumors here on this message board. But how does someone that spends so much time following the insiders "forget" that there was a thread about Brazil. I guess you only referenced it 3 times on your rumor tracker thread (including the most recent). Ok, I will move along now...

I searched the forum with the forum search because I thought there was one that I would link to in another thread. I failed at searching, my bad. Believing one not existing because I failed at searching, I started a new one. Quotes to the existing thread happened because they appeared in the rumor tracker and I went right to them believing they existed off-topic in other threads (which is the case for some of them). Then, my mom got scared, she said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought "Nah, forget it, Yo homes, to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

MouseMelly

I searched the forum with the forum search because I thought there was one that I would link to in another thread. I failed at searching, my bad. Believing one not existing because I failed at searching, I started a new one. Quotes to the existing thread happened because they appeared in the rumor tracker and I went right to them believing they existed off-topic in other threads (which is the case for some of them). Then, my mom got scared, she said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought "Nah, forget it, Yo homes, to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.
😂👌🏼

Oriolesmagic

To be perfectly honest, I'm not going to scroll through 101 pages of an old thread to try to find a handful of posts that may reveal new information.

Starting a fresh thread every now and then with several of the insider's posts and rumor whisperings at the very beginning makes for a far better experience. It may have been an accident, but I learned a several things from the opening post of this thread that I never would have seen otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom