Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree not any time soon, but still some day it can all be changed as martin will I believe agree and has stated.

That's true.

It's just a boxy building with several themed rooms. If the Frozen fever ever thaws, and you don't need three rooms of them, you can move the sisters into Norway. Or, more easily, incorporate them into the Akershus character breakfast and have them be the greeters in place of Belle.

aladdin2007

Theyre gonna knock down their $200 mil princess house?

What’s the LEGITIMATE chance of that in the next 20 years...

Those “new pavilions” have been percolating for 30 now as is...

I didn't say in any of our lifetimes. But someday yes the infra-structuring can be redone. maybe martin will explain it better. edit:::: I remember now, he simply said it was "expendable".

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I didn't say in any of our lifetimes. But someday yes the infra-structuring can be redone. maybe martin will explain it better. edit:::: I remember now, he simply said it was "expendable".

Many of those areas could be hypothetically “reworked”

But let’s be practical: the frozen meet and greet and the rat clone are the first legitimate world showcase reworkings to break ground since 1986...
...so that is the pattern to expect till broken. That type of thing.

I put my PCQ on the Mary poppins or SOME Britain addition at a reasonable 50%...the country additions???

High 80’s at best. Gonna have to “show me” like I’m from Missouri on those.

Lensman

As the title of the thread says, this is not about discussing:
  • Brazilian people or Brazilian guests and whatever stereotypes there may be about them
  • What ever countries one would like to see in Epcot... wants don't matter to WDW nor having a home for an IP, just having a nation or corporate interests paying to sponsor a pavilion.
Are we allowed to discuss waxing? :)

Regarding architecture, as much as I like the Brasilia take on modernist architecture, I worry that scale and cost will drive them to something more traditional. But I think Portuguese Colonial will be fine.
Salvador-CCBY-2.jpg

I wonder if they'd try to revive the Rio IP with a sequel or tv treatment and leverage it in a pavilion attraction? Or the opposite. To me, the character IP exceeds the quality of the latest movie so it may be one of those weird IP situations where parks could help the pictures arm.

I'd actually be more interested in some kind of eco-tourism attraction or exhibit featuring the Amazon. I think another Circlevision would be repetitive but I'm not creative enough to come up with something more original.

For restaurants I'd love to see a churrascaria or petisco.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is a rumors board after all. We are discussing a rumor. You don't like it or don't believe it fine...

No doubt...rumors presented as possibilities - not facts - were never the problem. I don’t hate the blue sky...contrary to belief.

Good hunting in any case.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Besides just wanting a new pavilion, I really want Brazil to happen just to see how @Sirwalterraleigh reacts to the news....

Believe it or not...so do I.

The lack of world showcase project for now 30 years is an abandonment of the concept of Epcot...or sad reality that the context of the more current world broke it.

Those are not particularly “magical” things to ponder. But again...30 years.

We had toy stores and JC Penney was a juggernaut the last time a shovel moved in that fashion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom